2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

My FH thinks we should just have a private wedding and have a small ceremony for everyone later, but I'm not 100% behind that idea right now....decisions decisions...lawd.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF
My FH feels this way too...I can't even let him know that I am having second thoughts about this and am considering leaning to the private wedding that he wants

My FH feels this way too...I can't even let him know that I am having second thoughts about this and am considering leaning to the private wedding that he wants

Yeah, I mean it certainly would help alleviate some of the stress with all things considered. I don't really want a big wedding, however given the size of my family it's a little difficult. I don't want feelings to get hurt but I do have to think about my budget and what's best for FH and I. Seems like some folks don't realize how much is involved into having a wedding, right now I don't really have any one helping me plan either..only thing folks are offering is opinions.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

We opted to only guests of 100 ppl very intimate in many's opinion but Im only inviting our family's and close friends no work associates and 2 college friends and of course no kids are invited but the wedding party l want a fabulous wedding but I have to conserve money where I can and that starts with the guest list. It's crazy though bc ppl will invite themselves to your wedding I have a surprise for a couple acquaintances and old friends

I want to elope ladies....I can't be bothered with the stress. At the end of the day, is all this worth it? So many thoughts and so much pressure from outside....

Cocktails or no cocktails?
Limited bar or open bar?
Entree options?
Who is vegetarian?
Who can't eat gluten?
Children or no children?
Why can't my girlfriend come?
I thought my sons were going to be a part of the bridal party...

All I want are nice rings (which I already have), a nice dress (which I already have), nice pics (already booked the photographer) and a great honeymoon. I don't care about anything else. Am I being selfish? Is this the stress speaking?

Sorry....venting again

I totally feel you. We're having an intimate wedding/reception (~30 guests) and I'm still stressed out. It was a compromise because I was leaning towards JOP but I do want some people to be present for the ceremony, I don't care about parties. I learned that you do what best for you and your DF.

My wedding was awesome. All the money, worry, everything was so worth it.

Attachments

• me&daddy.jpg
    me&daddy.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 168
  • flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 169
  • firstkiss.jpg
    firstkiss.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 174
I have been putting wedding planning to a complete halt (I'm officially less than 1 year away!). In July I moved to a new city, started a new job that exponentially increased my responsibilities, and gained a totally different social circle. Needless today, I've been stressed and just trying to keep my head above water.

Today I had a long talk with a coworker about wedding planning and she scared me into action. When I told her that I hadn't started looking for a dress yet she gave me a look that said "Girlllll what is wrong with you???" In Feb and July of next year we have two major exams and I know they're going to stop everything as I study like crazy so I'm happy she lit that fire under my behind :lachen:

Today I assembled my gifts asking my bridesmaids to be a part of my wedding with plans to send them out on Saturday. Next, I need to book my photographer and DJ

Question for you ladies: Are you all having a videographer? I am on the fence about this because my photographer is expensive and eating up the amount I set aside for photos and a videographer. I tried to find cheaper options but she's just so amazing that I find myself comparing all others to her. The photos are important to me so I don't want to regret not going with my gut if it'll make me happy and only be a difference of several hundred dollars.

I have been putting wedding planning to a complete halt (I'm officially less than 1 year away!). In July I moved to a new city, started a new job that exponentially increased my responsibilities, and gained a totally different social circle. Needless today, I've been stressed and just trying to keep my head above water.

Today I had a long talk with a coworker about wedding planning and she scared me into action. When I told her that I hadn't started looking for a dress yet she gave me a look that said "Girlllll what is wrong with you???" In Feb and July of next year we have two major exams and I know they're going to stop everything as I study like crazy so I'm happy she lit that fire under my behind :lachen:

Today I assembled my gifts asking my bridesmaids to be a part of my wedding with plans to send them out on Saturday. Next, I need to book my photographer and DJ

Question for you ladies: Are you all having a videographer? I am on the fence about this because my photographer is expensive and eating up the amount I set aside for photos and a videographer. I tried to find cheaper options but she's just so amazing that I find myself comparing all others to her. The photos are important to me so I don't want to regret not going with my gut if it'll make me happy and only be a difference of several hundred dollars.

I did not have a videographer. I think if you have a great photographer you will be fine.

I'm not having a videographer. Neither myself or my FH would watch the video. I know that all I would be doing is looking at went didn't go as planned instead of enjoying the video of our wedding day.

I plan to get gorgeous pics though....

I hired my wedding planner/day of coordinator. It was so hard to choose, but I feel good about it and we're going to make a decision about the venue by the end of the month.

Still so much to do. Glad we're not getting married for another year.

Yes, we are definitely having a videographer. I have read too many threads on Wedding Wire where engaged ladies ask married ladies if they regret anything about the day and not having a videographer is always like 90% of the responses. An excellent photographer will be able to tell a good story with the pictures but a still picture just isn't the same as a moving video. Plus, FH and I are cheesy and romantic and want something like that so we can relive everything on our anniversary every year. Also to have something to show the future kiddos.

On a related note, I think I have finally(YES!) found my photographer! He is within our budget and photographs in exactly the style that I want. He is available for our wedding date and I'm just waiting to hear back from him about the engagement session.:grin:

Just set up my photographer interview! It's in 2 weeks and hopefully all goes well so I can chalk that off my to-do list.

Still have to work on florist, videographer, menu, and dress though. :ohwell:

SIGH. My mother man...

When I turned 15 my P's threw a very large quinceañera party which is still very remembered by those who went, this was 14 years ago. My mom now keeps wanting to implement aspects of my 15's party in my wedding. :perplexed She wanted the same color in the wedding and was disappointed when I didn't want it. She wants to call up the people who were part of my 15's court so that they can be my bridesmaids and groomsmen, she wants to find the same band and look into the same location... :nono:

Today I told her I don't want those random people in my wedding party that I don't even know anymore, and she got so hurt. I thought everyone knew that those in your wedding party should be close/dear friends? Not some randoms I haven't even seen/spoken to since my teens. We're just getting this planning started and already we're having issues...someone throw patience my way. :sick2:

I'm going to be on essence.com for their weekly bridal bliss!! Sooooo excited as they're going to showcase my engagement pics :D

13 days until our wedding and my fiance got into a car accident. He was hit head on by a truck. The car is totaled but thank God he's ok for the most part but this accident made me realize how precious life is.....how easy it could all slip away in an instant. I'm mad at both him and the hospital that he didn't stay overnight cause sure enough I had to drag is a$$ back to the ER this morning cause he was in so much pain. Just stubborn. :perplexed I hope he'll be ready even if I have to sit him in a wheelchair. In all seriousness though, I'm still worried about a head injury even though they did a CT....... he's having a hard time feeling his left side and he still has a headache.

On the other hand it's been a long time coming and I'm super excited for this wedding to take place. Then off to Africa for our honeymoon!

Please pray for us that he'll be ok. If need be the wedding can be rescheduled but I can't replace him.

13 days until our wedding and my fiance got into a car accident. He was hit head on by a truck. The car is totaled but thank God he's ok for the most part but this accident made me realize how precious life is.....how easy it could all slip away in an instant. I'm mad at both him and the hospital that he didn't stay overnight cause sure enough I had to drag is a$$ back to the ER this morning cause he was in so much pain. Just stubborn. :perplexed I hope he'll be ready even if I have to sit him in a wheelchair. In all seriousness though, I'm still worried about a head injury even though they did a CT....... he's having a hard time feeling his left side and he still has a headache.

On the other hand it's been a long time coming and I'm super excited for this wedding to take place. Then off to Africa for our honeymoon!

Please pray for us that he'll be ok. If need be the wedding can be rescheduled but I can't replace him.

Sent prayers and blessing you and your fiances way! Africa for a honeymoon sounds Ah-mazing I've been looking but busy studying for my boards after that its back to the bridal business while I look for work!

Back