2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

I had a great meeting with my wedding planner and met my florist today! Things were great he's so over the top and I freaaking love it! We were on the same page from the start and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I got to see which flowers are in season next year so we can have an idea of cost and availability. So far so good I want to mix the idea of long and round tables and floral height looks like he's going to be able to create the vision I have for the decor so I'm happy!

Hello ladies! Congratulations to all of the ladies that have upcoming weddings. I don't meant to hijack your thread, but I am recently engaged and wanted to introduce myself.

My date will be July 2015. I kinda wish I could fast forward to just being married because the idea of actually planning a wedding freaks me out a bit...hence the two year engagement. My mom has always expected me to just elope (it's still on the table as a possibility). I am currently working preparing my wedding binder.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any helpful tips.

Thanks in advance! And congratulations again.

Congrats on your engagement!

I finally emailed a few wedding planners yesterday. I'm such a comparison shopper and I figured having someone that has experience working with multiple vendors (and potentially connections) might help us make moves faster. After being overwhelmed at the bridal thing last week - it's time to put things in order.

Anyone have suggestions on vetting vendors other than looking at reviews?

Hey ladies!

Sorry for being MIA, things have been quite busy since the wedding! I just wanted to share a couple of pictures with you all :yep: I won't have the professional pics back until next month, but I got some good non-pros.

I could not have asked for a better day, everything was perfect (minus getting into my dress!) Happiest day of my life by far.

Attachments

• 970827_10153100610095323_937235672_n.jpg
    970827_10153100610095323_937235672_n.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 15977_10151802227968092_575568294_n.jpg
    15977_10151802227968092_575568294_n.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 1073841_699576765693_488793670_o.jpg
    1073841_699576765693_488793670_o.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 130
:yay:.

November 2nd is the day! 3 months away!! Whoohooo!! And I have nothing done...:lol:

But seriously my sister and close friend is planning my shower and wedding. We are going to do my wedding at my church. My colors are chocolate brown, scarlet red, and gold.

I need to get my dress , yes yes I know Im late. But I'm doing a casual dress...

images

And need to get my engagement pictures done, get FH rings and send my invitations out.

I'm really thinking about not having a reception :look:, but doing the ceremony, chit chat, take pictures and leave for my honeymoon...is this ghetto?:look:

November 2nd is the day! 3 months away!! Whoohooo!! And I have nothing done...:lol:

But seriously my sister and close friend is planning my shower and wedding. We are going to do my wedding at my church. My colors are chocolate brown, scarlet red, and gold.

I need to get my dress , yes yes I know Im late. But I'm doing a casual dress...

images

And need to get my engagement pictures done, get FH rings and send my invitations out.

I'm really thinking about not having a reception :look:, but doing the ceremony, chit chat, take pictures and leave for my honeymoon...is this ghetto?:look:

Good to know that I'm not the only one who still hasn't done engagement pictures yet! I'm still searching for my photographer but I really need to get on the ball because I would like to use one of the engagement pictures for our Christmas cards this year.

Hey ladies!

Sorry for being MIA, things have been quite busy since the wedding! I just wanted to share a couple of pictures with you all :yep: I won't have the professional pics back until next month, but I got some good non-pros.

I could not have asked for a better day, everything was perfect (minus getting into my dress!) Happiest day of my life by far.

You look Ah-mazing! Thank you for sharing so glad you enjoyed your day!

I finally emailed a few wedding planners yesterday. I'm such a comparison shopper and I figured having someone that has experience working with multiple vendors (and potentially connections) might help us make moves faster. After being overwhelmed at the bridal thing last week - it's time to put things in order.

Anyone have suggestions on vetting vendors other than looking at reviews?

We looked at reviews and I YouTube, yelp, tripadvisor EVERYTHING! WeddingBee forum is a great resource and so was the knot! I also look at wedding blogs and Pinterest for inspiration

^^^^^ I didn't even do engagement photos.

September 1 is 30 days away. Yayyy!!!

Eeeeekkkk!!!!! I didn't do them either but I'm gonna have our videographer do something like an engagement session with us talking about our union and love for one another in our love story something like India and her hubby did from Mynaturalsistas on YT

Congrats!

For my wedding, I didn't have a reception for church members, but I had cake and cider for them after the wedding. We socialized with the church members for a while before heading to the restaurant with family and close friends.

It wasn't ghetto at all, and I think it was smart because it saved us a ton of money. The people that wanted to be there were there and didn't care about food. Everyone was happy for us and it was a great day and that's all that matters in the end.

Hello ladies! Congratulations to all of the ladies that have upcoming weddings. I don't meant to hijack your thread, but I am recently engaged and wanted to introduce myself.

My date will be July 2015. I kinda wish I could fast forward to just being married because the idea of actually planning a wedding freaks me out a bit...hence the two year engagement. My mom has always expected me to just elope (it's still on the table as a possibility). I am currently working preparing my wedding binder.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any helpful tips.

Thanks in advance! And congratulations again.

Congrats! @ DiamondDivyne There is nothing wrong with planning early! I got engaged last summer and we actually started planning about six months prior to that. Our wedding is next July and we are pretty much 90% finished with our planning.

When we started some people encouraged it, and others gave us the screw face because they thought it was too early. We just don't like rushing at the last minute and the last thing we need is stress.

I'm even going to lock in my deposits in the next couple months.
So I encourage you to start planning away! In the end you will be thankful for a smooth transition the last few months leading up to your wedding. :yep:

Congrats! @ DiamondDivyne There is nothing wrong with planning early! I got engaged last summer and we actually started planning about six months prior to that. Our wedding is next July and we are pretty much 90% finished with our planning.

When we started some people encouraged it, and others gave us the screw face because they thought it was too early. We just don't like rushing at the last minute and the last thing we need is stress.

I'm even going to lock in my deposits in the next couple months.
So I encourage you to start planning away! In the end you will be thankful for a smooth transition the last few months leading up to your wedding. :yep:

Agreed. It is never too early to start planning. FH and I learned that the hard way. We took our sweet time going to look at venues and then when we finally found one we loved it wasn't available for SIXTEEN months. I wish I had started researching venues long before he proposed.

It's all good though. Gives us a bit more time to plan.

Eeeeekkkk!!!!! I didn't do them either but I'm gonna have our videographer do something like an engagement session with us talking about our union and love for one another in our love story something like India and her hubby did from Mynaturalsistas on YT

Awwww.... That's sounds sooo cute! We are going to take a few pictures for the cover of the ceremony program, but that's it. I hate pictures.

So.....I went home last week and started giving out invitations because I won't be able to make it back until 2 weeks before the wedding (it's in November). Let's just say that I have already made enemies :look: My uncle wanted me to invite his 4 children, and now he and his wife are upset with me. I was so upset I almost asked them back for the invitation.

If I invite his 4 children, then I will have to invite my other uncle's 4 children. What am I doing with 8 children at my wedding??? Some persons can be so inconsiderate! Do they realize how expensive weddings are???? Jeez!!!!!

Sorry...just needed to vent.

You can never take too much time to plan our wedding is 11 months away time will move fast we want to be prepared and we want to stay on budget. So far we've booked our date for our venue, caterer and videographer and I've picked out my dress and bridesmaids dresses. We have a website done and my next move is to purchase and finalize save the dates and invites to be sent out to out town family by Oct/Nov so ppl can start planning travel arrangements oh and we have to get a block of rooms set up for family for our wedding weekend.

So.....I went home last week and started giving out invitations because I won't be able to make it back until 2 weeks before the wedding (it's in November). Let's just say that I have already made enemies :look: My uncle wanted me to invite his 4 children, and now he and his wife are upset with me. I was so upset I almost asked them back for the invitation.

If I invite his 4 children, then I will have to invite my other uncle's 4 children. What am I doing with 8 children at my wedding??? Some persons can be so inconsiderate! Do they realize how expensive weddings are???? Jeez!!!!!

*Hugs*

At the end of the day, if you don't want children there, then your guests, family or not, should respect that. Depending on the ages of the children, they probably won't remember it or will be bored anyway. And if it's a long ceremony? That could be rough with eight children. Plenty of time for folks to find someone to watch them.

I know exactly how you feel. My FH and I do not want children at our wedding and it's very awkward when people rsvp and write in children's names. Our wedding cost would go up exponentially if we invited everyone's children. It is very upsetting but stick to your guns and happy wedding planning.

People can be so inconsiderate, I swear! As far as I'm concerned a person should be honored that they were even invited in the first place. But to then have an attitude because you don't want to spend a bunch of extra money on kids who will waste food and potentially make things disruptive? No way.:nono:

Wedding party children will be the only ones allowed at both my ceremony and reception. So that there are no misunderstandings, "Adult Only Ceremony And Reception" will be written on both the save the dates and the invitations. If that means a person can't come then oh well.

Last edited:
Agreed. It is never too early to start planning. FH and I learned that the hard way. We took our sweet time going to look at venues and then when we finally found one we loved it wasn't available for SIXTEEN months. I wish I had started researching venues long before he proposed.

It's all good though. Gives us a bit more time to plan.

Exactly, we thought we found a place then changed our minds due to our budget. Now the place we want has no Saturdays available till Dec 2014! :blush:

Thanks CandiedLipgloss. I've gone ahead and started with the planning. Currently looking to book a wedding planner for partial planning and possibly design services as well as our venue.

Once you find a place you and FH absolutely love, lock it in asap. Especially if it's an affordable/popular place. FH and I changed our venue at the last minute and now they have no Saturdays till Dec 2014, and our date is in July. :ohwell: We might have to go with a Fri, so hopefully by the time we are ready to make the deposit, she still has Fridays available.
You really don't think venues get booked way in advance especially when your event is a year or two away, but they do. :spinning:

I want to elope ladies....I can't be bothered with the stress. At the end of the day, is all this worth it? So many thoughts and so much pressure from outside....

Cocktails or no cocktails?
Limited bar or open bar?
Entree options?
Who is vegetarian?
Who can't eat gluten?
Children or no children?
Why can't my girlfriend come?
I thought my sons were going to be a part of the bridal party...

All I want are nice rings (which I already have), a nice dress (which I already have), nice pics (already booked the photographer) and a great honeymoon. I don't care about anything else. Am I being selfish? Is this the stress speaking?

Sorry....venting again

I want to elope ladies....I can't be bothered with the stress. At the end of the day, is all this worth it? So many thoughts and so much pressure from outside....

Limited bar or open bar?
Entree options?
Who is vegetarian?
Who can't eat gluten?
Children or no children?

All I want are nice rings (which I already have), a nice dress (which I already have), nice pics (already booked the photographer) and a great honeymoon. I don't care about anything else. Am I being selfish? Is this the stress speaking?

Sorry....venting again

Not at all! Whatever is important to you and your groom is first and foremost! You do not have to justify anything to anyone else! I look at it like this at the end of the day it's about my fiancé and I, a celebration of us! So if you don't eat meat and need gluten free too bad we are paying a pretty penny for chicken only and our guests are getting drinks and great time on us! And if you wouldn't bring your kids to the club don't bring them to my wedding! Point blank period it's our day it's not meant to please our guests!

Limited bar or open bar?
Entree options?
Who is vegetarian?
Who can't eat gluten?
Children or no children?

Sorry....venting again

Trust that your feelings are understandable... I"m starting to think maybe I should go to the Justice of The Peace and get it done with, but that's more of my frustration talking than anything else. I initially wanted to the wedding to be next year, but I'm still in school and my budget right now will not allow it, I would have to save up more money. When I told my FH's family about the wedding date it was side eye central, even my mother said "Girl, why 2015?! Lol but I digress. I still haven't found a venue and I'm aware they book way in advance, but I had to take a step back for a minute because the stress was starting to get to me. My FH thinks we should just have a private wedding and have a small ceremony for everyone later, but I'm not 100% behind that idea right now....decisions decisions...lawd.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

And another problem is my family is big, his not really but there are a lot of children in my family so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Actually one of my FH's nieces asked me if she could be flower girl for the wedding, I told her yes but to be honest I wasn't even going to have any flower girls at the wedding just cause I wanted to keep things less complicated.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Back