2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

You have no idea how much that made me smile! I feel like I've been annoying FH with my excitement, so I'm glad someone else understands how I feel right now lol.

And to make things worse (for FH :lol:), he agreed to go to Sedona, AZ for our mini-moon. I've been wanting to go FOREVER. He earned some serious brownie points there, I am so excited. I've already found the perfect spot, and it is goooorgeous. I compromised and agreed that he could pick our honeymoon. I love this man. The 21st can't come fast enough.

We're getting married the same weekend!
I feel like I'm annoying everyone too with my excitement....it's all I pretty much talk about now that it's 3 weeks away. My grandma was even like "hurry up wedding so she can talk about somethin else!" Lol

We're getting married the same weekend!
I feel like I'm annoying everyone too with my excitement....it's all I pretty much talk about now that it's 3 weeks away. My grandma was even like "hurry up wedding so she can talk about somethin else!" Lol

Oh, awesome! Are you getting married the 20th? That was our original date, but we decided on Sunday because it was cheaper :lol:

And that's so funny, but once the wedding is over, you'll be talking about the honeymoon and they'll get annoyed all over again lol.

Oh, awesome! Are you getting married the 20th? That was our original date, but we decided on Sunday because it was cheaper :lol:

And that's so funny, but once the wedding is over, you'll be talking about the honeymoon and they'll get annoyed all over again lol.

Yeah that was a good idea, Sunday would've been cheaper....but yep its the 20th because we thought it would be cool for it to be both our wedding anniversary and our anniversary for our relationship overall. :)

Yeah that was a good idea, Sunday would've been cheaper....but yep its the 20th because we thought it would be cool for it to be both our wedding anniversary and our anniversary for our relationship overall. :)

Aw, that's cute! And one less date for him to remember lol. I wanted to do that too, but our relationship anniversary is in January, and I knew I wanted to have an outdoor/summer wedding.

I'm really beating myself up today, ladies.

I'm thinking about how much time I had, things I could have differently, how poorly I planned and how I should have asked for more help months ago.

I cried twice today thinking about how much of an idiot I was with this whole wedding. I'm so mad at myself.

That isn't to say that I don't think the wedding will be awesome. I put a lot of effort into this, but I'm so upset about how a few things turned out. I feel bad that more of FH's family and friends couldn't come because I didn't look for better options knowing how many people I should have accounted for. I hijacked our wedding and made it about me. I feel terrible.

I wish I had a time machine. I just hope all of this passes one the day comes.

I still haven't officially started planning (flying out to my hometown tomorrow Thursday) but so far I'm thinking a travel & languages theme. The BF and I (or fiancee I guess? lol) were long distance at first, him in Paris, me in Miami. We've flown back and forth God only knows how many times, not to mention meet ups in random places like Philly, Chicago, Dominican Republic, Dallas, Portugal, Italy to finally settle in Montreal, Canada...home to neither of us. I've learned French, he's improved his Spanish...so a theme revolving around this would fit us. It would be a dream if I could somehow highlight Paris (should be easy), Miami and our forever dear Montreal. We'll see.

It's funny to me how I don't know nothin' yet but I sure do know the dress! It's called "Tamara" by Monica Lhuillier and it makes me :drool: every. Time. I. See. It. Lawhammercy. It seriously takes me breath away.

WD.jpg

I'll have to see if it's more affordable to have it made vs purchasing it.

I'm thinking about how much time I had, things I could have differently, how poorly I planned and how I should have asked for more help months ago.

I cried twice today thinking about how much of an idiot I was with this whole wedding. I'm so mad at myself.

That isn't to say that I don't think the wedding will be awesome. I put a lot of effort into this, but I'm so upset about how a few things turned out. I feel bad that more of FH's family and friends couldn't come because I didn't look for better options knowing how many people I should have accounted for. I hijacked our wedding and made it about me. I feel terrible.

Aw :sad: I hope the feeling passes soon. Maybe you can extend a simple but sweet invitation to those who couldn't make it to go dinner with you and your fiance. It's not exactly the same but in the end is about sharing a special moment with the couple...you can give them wedding favors there maybe. I truly believe that we (the family, friends and couple) make the event special and a nice dinner, even after the fact, would be appreciated. We will probably do something like this for my fiance's family/friends that will not be able to fly.

Time is ticking we have some Brides getting married in the next coming weeks! How do you ladies feel?! I hope you are taking time from wedding arrangements and destressing when possible! Make sure you use all of your resources Mothers of bride and groom, family, bridesmaids even groomsmen can help out if needed!

I finally made my goal of launching our wedding website and were thinking of possibly hash tagging our wedding weekend on IG since we don't have twitter. My friend made a page for his Puerto Rico Destination wedding to hype everyone up and keep them informed I thought that was a nice idea too!

Next on the list is cake tasting (my fave) and having a decor vision meeting with my florist and planner I'm just a year out and so excited I know it's gonna be right here before we know it

Oh and about bachelorette and bridal showers what did you all do? My MOH wants to make a big weekend of it in NYC since I'm relocating to CT and a lot of my Hunni's fam is from there I think it would be fun but I know everyone wont make it

I agree with Amarilles ! Maybe you can find a way to involve those who weren't able to make it don't beat yourself up over it! The wedding lasts but for a day your union can be celebrated at anytime

My mom flew in yesterday......for some reason that made this whole thing so much realer.

I haven't been able to sleep well this past week. I keep going to bed late and waking up early. Last night was the first night in a while I actually went to bed before 3 am (around 11pm).
I've been worried about everything.

I've been trying to distract myself from worrying by being on the forums more and packing but it doesn't help much.

I didn't realize it would be so stressful the closer you get (thought it would be the opposite) but I see now why. I'm breaking out all over and my cycle has been off because I'm so worried about everything. Now that my mom is in town, I think it's going to get worse.

I just can't wait to get back to normal. I'm tired of thinking about this wedding. Sheesh.

Amarilles Allandra polished07 Thank you, ladies. I feel better today. I talked to FH last night, and he put a lot of things into perspective for me. I don't know why yesterday was such a bad day, I was keeping it together for the most part.

I like the idea of inviting the people who couldn't come to dinner. We'll have to see if we can set that up in the near future, just a little get together. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh yeah one of my bridesmaids is throwing me a bachelorette party on Friday, but I don't really feel like doing it.

FH and I are too busy packing and moving stuff and his work schedule is killer since he's taking off so many days after the wedding.

I'm not sure if I'll have too much fun anyway because theres a lot of people she invited that I don't know...I'm kind of being forced to go because they already paid for everything and me not showing up would probably hurt her feelings.

Oh yeah one of my bridesmaids is throwing me a bachelorette party on Friday, but I don't really feel like doing it.

FH and I are too busy packing and moving stuff and his work schedule is killer since he's taking off so many days after the wedding.

I'm not sure if I'll have too much fun anyway because theres a lot of people she invited that I don't know...I'm kind of being forced to go because they already paid for everything and me not showing up would probably hurt her feelings.

Go and take your mind off the wedding. Enjoy your friends while making a few new ones and have a good time!

Got my bouquets today! I ordered silk flowers because I wanted my girls (and myself) to be able to keep them after the wedding. They look great, I doubt anyone will be able to tell they're fake. I also got all of our jewelry yesterday.

My bachelorette party is tomorrow and I have nooooo idea what to expect. All my sis would tell me is that we're going to dinner first (and I'm sure if she sees this post, she'll probably laugh maniacally and mentally high five herself for being able to keep me in the dark.) I'm excited. And I can see the finish line! 9 more days! :yay:

Congratulations to the brides with weddings this month. My big day is Aug 10th so I am about 29 days out. I graduate two days before my wedding so I have just been focused on studying for finals. Take a breathe and relax. Enjoy your day, Ladies.

All is well here. Today was a big day for me. My Mom and I went to look at gowns for the first time. I tried on 15 dresses and I fell in love with two. There was also a third that could end up being a possibility. It was so exciting trying them on!:grin:

Tomorrow we go to look at more.:grin:

That's awesome. I wish I had gotten that experience, but I'm also grateful that the dress my father-in-law bought just happened to be "the one." Cherish this!

Day 2 of gown shopping. At the first salon I tried on 12 dresses and I found THE ONE. :drool: it's very expensive though so we are going to still keep looking in case we need a couple of backups. All I know is I can't get that dress out of my head. That old cliche about you knowing when you find the perfect dress? Totally true!

The second salon we walked in, browsed through the racks for 10 minutes and left. After you see your gown you just don't care about any other dress, lol.

We will see how things go with the overall budget but I want that dress. BAD.

Hi, July 2014 bride here. Not really liking the planning phase because of the dynamics. We are in different countries right now and the wedding will be in another country, where we were both originally from.

Got my wedding band today! It was a little more than FH wanted to spend but he told me, "You're lucky it looks good on you" lol. I like that it contrasts my engagement ring but still "goes." His is nice, too, it's two tone. He saw a watch he really liked and seemed disappointed when I talked him out of it, so I think I'll surprise him with it.

This is my last week being (technically) single!
I realized this today at church....for some reason it just hit me that I woln't have to go to bed alone at night anymore.

I'm helping FH move in his stuff into our place (that sounds weird to say) tomorrow.
I'll move my stuff in probably Wednesday or Thursday.

This week is probably going to go by fast and I'm getting a little nervous about the ceremony, but I'm so excited and also ready to grub on that reception food... staying the same weight for a dress is no joke! lol

Got my wedding band today! It was a little more than FH wanted to spend but he told me, "You're lucky it looks good on you" lol. I like that it contrasts my engagement ring but still "goes." His is nice, too, it's two tone. He saw a watch he really liked and seemed disappointed when I talked him out of it, so I think I'll surprise him with it.

That would be a really sweet wedding gift! I want to give my Hunni something really nice too

Day 2 of gown shopping. At the first salon I tried on 12 dresses and I found THE ONE. :drool: it's very expensive though so we are going to still keep looking in case we need a couple of backups. All I know is I can't get that dress out of my head. That old cliche about you knowing when you find the perfect dress? Totally true!

The second salon we walked in, browsed through the racks for 10 minutes and left. After you see your gown you just don't care about any other dress, lol.

We will see how things go with the overall budget but I want that dress. BAD.

I hope you get exactly what you want my dress is a bit more on the expensive side but luckily my Mom is buying the dress and Ill be doing the sash, headpiece and veil. Since we didn't budget in clothing, rings and the honeymoon Im very thankful for that!

This is my last week being (technically) single!
I realized this today at church....for some reason it just hit me that I woln't have to go to bed alone at night anymore.

I'm helping FH move in his stuff into our place (that sounds weird to say) tomorrow.
I'll move my stuff in probably Wednesday or Thursday.

This week is probably going to go by fast and I'm getting a little nervous about the ceremony, but I'm so excited and also ready to grub on that reception food... staying the same weight for a dress is no joke! lol

This is so exciting! Your day will be all that you imagined and more ;-) I never thought about maintaining my weight for the dress especially since we are fitted average 9 months prior

^^I fitted my dress in May - 6 months before the wedding. I was told not to lose more than 2-3 pounds as the dress fits perfectly.

I'm still going to lose 10 lbs though :ohwell: They will just have to alter it.

That would be a really sweet wedding gift! I want to give my Hunni something really nice too

Yeah, I was already planning on getting him a new one since the one he has is from... 2008. The one he liked was different from what usually catches his eye, so I was a little surprised. He was bout ready to cuss me out for telling him no, I could tell lol. I think a watch really is a great wedding gift for any guy, and you can engrave it to make it more personal. The one I'm getting him is a Movado and it's very sleek and nice.

Hello ladies! Congratulations to all of the ladies that have upcoming weddings. I don't meant to hijack your thread, but I am recently engaged and wanted to introduce myself.

My date will be July 2015. I kinda wish I could fast forward to just being married because the idea of actually planning a wedding freaks me out a bit...hence the two year engagement. My mom has always expected me to just elope (it's still on the table as a possibility). I am currently working preparing my wedding binder.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for any helpful tips.

Thanks in advance! And congratulations again.

Back