2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

How are you Ladies doing? How are the wedding plans coming along? I am in school this summer, and graduation will be two days before my wedding. Talk about a crazy hectic summer. No sleep for me. It will all be worth it.

I haven't decided on a dress but I know I don't want a big, white, traditional wedding dress. Still working at it...

Wedding planning is moving along I've been working on our wedding website as we want ppl to be able to RSVP through many mediums and just got our caterer finalized now we need to go to the next thing which is photography/videography. I've also been working out to get ready for my dress! I want to look and feel fabulous so I'm definitely busting my butt in the gym I have a figure formed dress so I have to be on point. Besides that I'm just saving photos of inspiration to send to my planner for the decor and really just wanting to get as much done ahead of time as possible!

I haven't decided on a dress but I know I don't want a big, white, traditional wedding dress. Still working at it...

What about blush that's such a pretty color I've seen on a lot of the dresses idk your colors though just throwing out suggestions ;)

Do any of you consider it rude for a wedding guest to wear white to a wedding?

One of my guests blatantly told me she was wearing white, and I thought she was kidding but she was serious. She even said "I know wearing white to a wedding is crazy".

I didn't even invite her to be honest....her relative is the one I invited anyways.

Yes it's rude and I don't care if somebody else invited her, I would uninvite her if it was my wedding and she insisted.

What do ya'll think about having 2 dresses? I really want this gorgeous red Vera Wang dress for my reception. I know I'd only be wearing the dress for a few hours if that....so I'm leaning towards no but I really love the dress and it being red and my ceremony dress white would totally fit my theme.

What do ya'll think about having 2 dresses? I really want this gorgeous red Vera Wang dress for my reception. I know I'd only be wearing the dress for a few hours if that....so I'm leaning towards no but I really love the dress and it being red and my ceremony dress white would totally fit my theme.

If you're sure you'll have time to change between the ceremony and reception, I say go for it. Especially if your wedding dress will be difficult to dance in or move about comfortably. I would love to do a second dress for mine, but I'm having a short ceremony, so I'd be in and out of my dress in like an hour lol.

2014 bride checking in!

Our date is Sep. 5, 2014 and we are so excited! I already have my photographer and videographer picked out. The other two big things are the florist and my dress. Finding a dress is going to be difficult since I am just not impressed by wedding dresses. They all look the same to me and I rarely see one I like, so it's going to be very challenging for me to find one.

We are also scheduling a meeting with our chef soon so that we can design the wedding menu. I am really geeked about that.:grin:

I haven't read the entire thread yet but has anyone hired a wedding coordinator/event planner? Trying to do all of this myself is exhausting. I'm thinking of just hiring a professional to help me.

I just awkwardly had to tell my friend of 15+ years he's not invited. I told him we don't have space, which is technically true, but I knew I wasn't going to invite him months ago. Even though he's my boy, the last time we spoke ended kind of awkwardly (he said something about FH I didn't appreciate), and I just realized that I really didn't want him there. Is that awful?

Not at all. I am keeping to strict maximum of 80 guests, which means lots of family and friends won't be invited. It's my wedding, I don't care.

I'm having two dresses.... but not really by choice.
My reception is at a restaurant and I don't feel comfortable being stared at....and I know I will be because my ceremony dress is a ball gown type. If I could wear my ceremony dress all day I would, but I don't think it would be appropriate for where my reception is.

What about blush that's such a pretty color I've seen on a lot of the dresses idk your colors though just throwing out suggestions ;)

I did find this one dress in that shade and it really worked with my skin tone. :yep: I'm narrowing it down to one other dress from Nordstrom. I need to call my personal shopper and order a few sizes...

I will probably have two dresses. After pictures and the first couple of dances, I'm going to change into my other dress.

2014 bride here. Anyone doing a destination wedding? I'm so nervous about having hair and makeup done by a random person.

I have two dresses, a ballgown for the ceremony and a fit and flare for the reception. Its your day wear what makes you happy!

Not at all. I am keeping to strict maximum of 80 guests, which means lots of family and friends won't be invited. It's my wedding, I don't care.

I wish I had done this. We started with 10 people and the invite list is up to almost 400. :nono:

My goodness, that is going to be one heck of a party! Do you both have very large families?

We have very large families. I have 20+ cousins on my dad's side of the family alone. The real problem is my Dad inviting EVERYBODY. He thinks this it's a party and he is inviting everyone he possibly can. My Dad likes to entertain people and have a lot of people over at the house, so this is right up his alley. FH and I don't care either way, but Dadzilla needed to be stopped. We stopped him at 380, and hopefully only about 250 people will show up.

My dad has calmed down a lot seen we explained to him that the cost of the wedding is per person.

Just got engaged this morning.... Happy but overwhelmed... I don't have a date yet.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Congratulations! It certainly is overwhelming, but the best thing you can do is start planning as soon as possible (after the post-engagement giddiness fades a bit, of course). Just start thinking, you don't have to make any definite plans yet.

Also, get help early. The planning process is too much for one person. Enlist FH, a sister, mama, and whoever else you know can be trusted to stick with you until the wedding. You'll be less stressed this way (learned this too late :look:)

Congrats again, and good luck!

Just got engaged this morning.... Happy but overwhelmed... I don't have a date yet.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Overwhelmed already? :-) Congratulations! I ordered my ceremony programs today. FMIL helped me with that little project. I cant wait to see them in person.

Congratulations! It certainly is overwhelming, but the best thing you can do is start planning as soon as possible (after the post-engagement giddiness fades a bit, of course). Just start thinking, you don't have to make any definite plans yet.

Also, get help early. The planning process is too much for one person. Enlist FH, a sister, mama, and whoever else you know can be trusted to stick with you until the wedding. You'll be less stressed this way (learned this too late :look:)

Congrats again, and good luck!

Thanks, my cousin's wife actually is great at helping to plan weddings. She is the one that is helping with my brother's wedding which is in October so I plan on asking her to help me out.

Last edited:
Overwhelmed already? :-) Congratulations! I ordered my ceremony programs today. FMIL helped me with that little project. I cant wait to see them in person.

Thanks, and yes girl I am overwhelmed cause it feels like there is so much to get done. So far I'm thinking of a spring or summer wedding hopefully by next year.

Thanks, and yes girl I am overwhelmed cause it feels like there is so much to get done. So far I'm thinking of a spring or summer wedding hopefully by next year.

Sign up on the knot.com. they have resources to help you stay organized. It has helped me a lot

You have plenty of time, so don't be overwhelmed. It's waaaayyyyy toooo early for that.

We got our marriage license today. I can't believe I'm changing my last name. It hasn't sunk in yet.

Eeeeekkkkk so exciting!

You have no idea how much that made me smile! I feel like I've been annoying FH with my excitement, so I'm glad someone else understands how I feel right now lol.

And to make things worse (for FH :lol:), he agreed to go to Sedona, AZ for our mini-moon. I've been wanting to go FOREVER. He earned some serious brownie points there, I am so excited. I've already found the perfect spot, and it is goooorgeous. I compromised and agreed that he could pick our honeymoon. I love this man. The 21st can't come fast enough.

Back