2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

I need to vent. I didn't know where else to put this post. Hope its okay that I posted this here...

I am not the bride, my sister is. Her wedding is this August. I'm the Maid of Honor.

Her bridesmaids are giving her a fit. She allowed everyone to pick their own dress style to fit their body type and taste but the fabric and color should be the same.

She has several bridesmaids that are complaining that they can't find anything they like. I am super duper PO'd. This is not their wedding! Pick a dress and sit down somewhere! It's not that dam serious! Ain't nobody gonna be looking at them no way!

I am so upset right now. I told her that she's better than me. I would have chosen a dress for everyone to wear regardless of body type. She's being too nice.

Vent over. Thanks for listening ladies.

Can she get rid of the ones that are being difficult? :look: This is why I don't particularly advocate letting bridesmaids pick their own dresses, there is always bound to be someone who makes things difficult, when it really isn't about them. #sorrynotsorry :lol:

In all seriousness, my girls all wore the same dress and even though they all have very different body types, they all looked great. If the other girls haven't bought their dresses yet, I think you all should go to the bridal shop together and find something a dress that works for everyone. My girls got theirs at Alfred Angelo, took probably less than an hour to find something.

We found our venue and picked the date - September 20.

Now the real action begins - I have 5 months and 13 days to plan everything else for the wedding! :)

How many people are using a wedding planner? Does anyone have any recommendation(s) for one in Atl?

I'm going to use a Day Of planner. Just someone to deal with the logistics of it all because I am certainly not going to be bothered with all of that on the wedding day.

Now the real action begins - I have 5 months and 13 days to plan everything else for the wedding! :)

Congrats on finding your venue and picking the date! Don't worry, you can do it and you know we are always here if you need anything! :)

How many people are using a wedding planner? Does anyone have any recommendation(s) for one in Atl?

I booked a day of coordinator. When I had first contacted her last year, I wanted to use her as a planner. But then I found my type A personality self wanting to personally plan everything. So, I changed the package to Day of Coordinator - "Plus" which means she will help me finalize everything in the few weeks before my wedding and the day of. Total blessing!

CurliDiva, congrats!! :grin: Im just tryna get to this point. It is so hard trying to find a venue within budget. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: I feel like once I finally find one, a HUGE weight will be lifted off my shoulders.

@CurliDiva, congrats!! :grin: Im just tryna get to this point. It is so hard trying to find a venue within budget. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: I feel like once I finally find one, a HUGE weight will be lifted off my shoulders.

Hey delitefulmane,

I totally agree, plus our guest count goal is 50 people so we didn't need a huge ballroom that seated 150.

Ask everyone you know, a guy at work mentioned our place to me in passing and it was not even on my radar.

FH and I both FEEL IN love with it the moment we drove up!

Good luck!

Hey @delitefulmane,

I totally agree, plus our guest count goal is 50 people so we didn't need a huge ballroom that seated 150.

Ask everyone you know, a guy at work mentioned our place to me in passing and it was not even on my radar.

FH and I both FEEL IN love with it the moment we drove up!

Good luck!

This was one of our challenges. No one wanted to work with such a small guest count and if they did we had to get married at an inconvenient time like Tuesday morning or something!:lachen:

I'm still a bit bummed that I'm not getting married in a penthouse. I really wish I had searched harder for that, I'm sure I could have found something in the DMV area.

Websites like The Knot and Wedding Wire (and even some online invitation sites) offer "free" couple wedding page hosting. Has anyone set one of these up? Any pros or cons?

Attachments

• http___uw.theknot_Page_1.jpg
    http___uw.theknot_Page_1.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 25
Just a few more questions - does any of you plan to "jump the broom" as part of your ceremony?

I know the history behind the practice but, I never been to a (black) wedding where the couple "jumped".

Would it be strange (......in any way) for an interracial couple to jump the broom?

Websites like The Knot and Wedding Wire (and even some online invitation sites) offer "free" couple wedding page hosting. Has anyone set one of these up? Any pros or cons?

I set up my wedding website on The Knot. It's just an easy way to put everything in one place so you can say, "it's on our website" instead of having to tell people the same information a million times.

The only con is that the free sites are pretty generic, no frills sites. But that was ok for me, I just needed something basic. The wedding is already costing us so much, I didn't want to pay for a website on top of that.

Just a few more questions - does any of you plan to "jump the broom" as part of your ceremony?

I know the history behind the practice but, I never been to a (black) wedding where the couple "jumped".

Would it be strange (......in any way) for an interracial couple to jump the broom?

CurliDiva

I had a free website. I started mine on The Knot, but switched to Wedding Wire. IMO, wedding wire is much better. The templates are much easier and I liked the options for organizing my guest list better on there. If you like, I can PM you the link to my wedding website on Wedding Wire.

I am not a 2014, I am 2015, can I still post??

I hope so, 2 thoughts:
1. I accidentally forgot my ring at home. I was mad at FH and I walked out the house without it on, I realized it when I got in the car, but I still didn't turn back for it.
2. I am nervous as fudge to be a wife. Although I will be 30 next month, I still feel like I am too young for this. lol

I am not a 2014, I am 2015, can I still post??

I hope so, 2 thoughts:
1. I accidentally forgot my ring at home. I was mad at FH and I walked out the house without it on, I realized it when I got in the car, but I still didn't turn back for it.
2. I am nervous as fudge to be a wife. Although I will be 30 next month, I still feel like I am too young for this. lol

Aww, you are too cute! Just hang in there girlie, we will all get through this together! :kiss:

Has anyone begun their dress fittings yet? How many are you going to end up needing?

I'm still waiting for the bridal shop to call me to let me know mine is in but that probably won't be for another 6 or 8 weeks. In the meantime, I'm working out like crazy! I refuse to not be in tip top shape at my wedding. I've been to 4 weddings in the past couple of years and all but one of the brides was chunky. I don't understand that. :nono:

My MOH mentioned something about "mason jars with oil and a photo" and I cringed!

My style is NOT country fair or rustic and I did enough crafts as a girl scout. My idea for a good diy project is that it will NOT look homemade.

Is it weird that I want to do all of the diy projects myself?

My MOH mentioned something about "mason jars with oil and a photo" and I cringed!

My style is NOT country fair or rustic and I did enough crafts as a girl scout. My idea for a good diy project is that it will NOT look homemade.

Is it weird that I want to do all of the diy projects myself?

I don't blame you. I have had a couple of people suggest that I go the DIY route with my centerpieces to save money but I'm not crafty like that and have no interest in my wedding looking "down home" or homemade.:nono:

And not knocking anyone who is into the rustic style but that's not me AT ALL. I'm not doing mason jars, barns, burlap, hay bales, etc. This is my wedding, not a freaking hoe down!

Has anyone begun their dress fittings yet? How many are you going to end up needing? I'm still waiting for the bridal shop to call me to let me know mine is in but that probably won't be for another 6 or 8 weeks. In the meantime, I'm working out like crazy! I refuse to not be in tip top shape at my wedding. I've been to 4 weddings in the past couple of years and all but one of the brides was chunky. I don't understand that. :nono:

This is where I'm at! I'm busting my butt for this wedding I won't get my dress until 1st week of May idk how many fittings I'll need but I'm hoping not many and I'm praying I don't lose too much weight like my cousin she lost 30 lbs due to stress

Hey ladies looks like everyone is on track and getting things in order for the big day! I'm about 10 wks out and drama has started to rear it singly head with my wedding party I'm finally begging to understand how ppl become Bridezilla's! Besides the minor drama I think I'm more excited about being off from work and honeymooning with my husband to be! After this wedding I'm going to relax my butt off!

Has anyone begun their dress fittings yet? How many are you going to end up needing?

I'm still waiting for the bridal shop to call me to let me know mine is in but that probably won't be for another 6 or 8 weeks. In the meantime, I'm working out like crazy! I refuse to not be in tip top shape at my wedding. I've been to 4 weddings in the past couple of years and all but one of the brides was chunky. I don't understand that. :nono:

I am a year and half out and I already started. I having been working out 5 days a week in the mornings for the pat month. But I also have a ton to loose. I started really getting serious about it before I got engaged though.

Have you ladies starting buying wedding essentials ie ring bearer pillow flower basket guestbook etc? I've been really lucky with lightinthebox.com, invitations by dawn (personalized cocktail napkins) Joanne's fabric 50% off coupons (got my flower girl basket for 9.00) and I got my monogrammed fabric aisle runner from astarrynight a seller on etsy my planner is ordering everything else I still need a card box, frames for our Mr and Mrs signs (prob do Hobby Lobby ) and other nicknacks, personalized cake cutter/flutes

Question are you all doing favors I'm on the fence bc ppl always throw these away

Back