2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

I've been meaning to ask, what is everyone doing about their hair? How are you wearing it and who is doing it? Are you hiring someone to come to your venue and style it for you? How did you find your stylist?

I am probably going to go with a high bun, simple and classic. I love how The Duffster looked on her wedding day. This is just dreamy to me.

high-bun-9.jpg

Last edited:
Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a crystal/rhinestone belt? The only ones I have been able to find have some kind of hideous sash hanging down the back.

Congrats SweetTea14 !!

My invites came in today!!! :clap:

Now, to just tie them all up with ribbon, mark the numbers for the response cards, do the return addresses and send them out. :spinning: Hoping to do all of this tonight and mail them tomorrow. :drunk:

I've been meaning to ask, what is everyone doing about their hair? How are you wearing it and who is doing it? Are you hiring someone to come to your venue and style it for you? How did you find your stylist?

I am probably going to go with a high bun, simple and classic. I love how The Duffster looked on her wedding day. This is just dreamy to me.

high-bun-9.jpg

MizAvalon

I might have to do this too. I'm having anxiety over letting someone do my hair for the wedding. I haven't had anyone touch my hair in years. And, some of the styles I like are a little more intricate. I love the high bun, so I think I may play it safe with that too. :yep:
Hair stylist is still on my list to find. Soooo nervous...

I just found out that the photographer that I REALLY want does not shoot on Fridays. WTF!!!!! What sense does that make. So frustrated.

I have just under 6 months to go - save the dates have gone out, wedding site built, wedding dress ordered, caterer chosen - food tasted but not paid for yet, wedding coordinator found, i know where i am getting my chair covers and crockery from, ceremony and receprion venues are paid for (only a 50% deposit has been paid on reception venue), DJ sorted.

So now we need to find a photographer, book the wedding cars, buy bridesmaid dresses, buy alcohol, book honeymoon, buy centrepieces and flowers, make/buy wedding favours, buy the cake (i have picked which one I am having) and then i think that's it...

Just got our bridesmaids dresses this weekend. Can't say I'm 100% happy with them but bridesmaid dresses are all pretty much just varying degrees of awful. My job as the bride is to pick out the least awful one.:lachen:

Last edited:
Just got our bridesmaids dresses this weekend. Can't say I'm 100% happy with them but bridesmaid dresses are all pretty much just varying degrees of awful. My job as the bride is to pick out the least awful one.:lachen:

:lol:
I actually found some nice ones, but chose not to entertain them because I didn't want to burden my BM's with high costs. However, now, I'm wishing I chose what I liked. My mom saw the fabric in person (I never did :look: ) and said she hated it. :ohwell: But, it's okay, it's still beautiful for the price!

I gave my guests the option of RSVPing via cards with pre-stamped envelopes or via our wedding website. I decided to check the website responses today and

WHY are there people RSVPing that I have never heard of?! Like, a whole family responded. I shouldn't have given them the option to type their names in, and instead, allow them to search for their names. Arrrggh. I hope these people don't expect to find a seat or be allowed in at my wedding!

ETA: I made the website private and not searchable on google search, so I have no idea how these people found us!

Last edited:
What do you think about a brooch bouquet?

Attachments

• 8fa61a8f78ac867d4c9bc8e567b4adb6.jpg
    8fa61a8f78ac867d4c9bc8e567b4adb6.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 22
  • bluepetyl2.jpg
    bluepetyl2.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 27
I gave my guests the option of RSVPing via cards with pre-stamped envelopes or via our wedding website. I decided to check the website responses today and

WHY are there people RSVPing that I have never heard of?! Like, a whole family responded. I shouldn't have given them the option to type their names in, and instead, allow them to search for their names. Arrrggh. I hope these people don't expect to find a seat or be allowed in at my wedding!

ETA: I made the website private and not searchable on google search, so I have no idea how these people found us!

Ouch! This is when the mother of the bride or the maid of honor steps in to contact those who have not been invited to clarify that they have no option to rsvp.

Are you guys having kids at your wedding?

And if so, are you planning to do anything extra (like coloring book or puzzle game) to keep them occupied and quiet during the ceremony and reception?

I really don't want any kids other than the flower girl (5yr old) and ring bearer (6yr old) - who are FH's niece and nephew.

Do you sleep in your engagement ring?

My jeweler's wife told me that I should not sleep in my ring or wear it while cleaning up. Since my ring is white gold, she said that your body can wear down the coating over the gold. :blah: :blah: :blah:
The cleaning up part I can understand but not sleeping in it?

Has anyone else heard this rationale?

Last edited:
I have never heard about your body wearing the gold down but I have heard that sleeping in your ring can cause diamonds to become loose over time and you may lose one.

A very lovely lady on this board hipped me to that a couple of years ago when FH and I were deep in the ring shopping process. I don't sleep in jewelry anyway, so it makes sense to take that off along with everything else before I go to bed.

I don't clean, put on lotion, cook, shower, go in pools or the ocean while wearing my ring. I'm just not taking the chance of having it get messed up or lost when I can just put it aside until I'm finished with my task.

Last edited:
Do you sleep in your engagement ring?

My jeweler's wife told me that I should not sleep in my ring or wear it while cleaning up. Since my ring is white gold, she said that your body can wear down the coating over the gold. :blah: :blah: :blah:
The cleaning up part I can understand but not sleeping in it?

Has anyone else heard this rational?

Gold can wear away over time, but that would take yeeeears, IMO. I see elderly women who have been married for decades with their original gold bands. But, then again, they wore much thicker and simpler gold bands. My main worry would be if your prongs are also made of gold. Wearing away may weaken the structure of the prongs from the constant friction while sleeping, and therefore, increase risk of your main diamond/stone falling out.

I have never heard about your body wearing the gold down but I have heard that sleeping in your ring can cause diamonds to become loose over time and you may lose one.
This is what I have read also. :yep:

My main worry would be if your prongs are also made of gold. Wearing away may weaken the structure of the prongs from the constant friction while sleeping, and therefore, increase risk of your main diamond/stone falling out.
I was thinking this happening before the coating wears off. :yep:

MizAvalon and secretdiamond, do you ladies remove your ring(s) every night? I just don't like this habit because I have forgotten it a couple of days so far and I feel so naked without it.

This is what I have read also. :yep:

I was thinking this happening before the coating wears off. :yep:

MizAvalon and secretdiamond, do you ladies remove your ring(s) every night? I just don't like this habit because I have forgotten it a couple of days so far and I feel so naked without it.

I remove my ring the second I enter my home. I have a special ring box that was gifted to me right after I got engaged. When I'm home, my ring stays in there. So, I always know where it is. Even if I take it out to 'play' with it or admire it, I always put it back there when I'm done.
I tried sleeping with it once, and woke up with my finger swollen. Plus, it gets in the way when I'm trying to sleep.

October 18th bride checking in! Wedding planning is going well. I have so much to do that I hate thinking about it sometimes. I would love to just go to the JP!

This is what I have read also. :yep: I was thinking this happening before the coating wears off. :yep: MizAvalon and secretdiamond, do you ladies remove your ring(s) every night? I just don't like this habit because I have forgotten it a couple of days so far and I feel so naked without it.

Yes, I never sleep with it on. I usually take it off shortly after I get home and put it in it's box.

I take mine off (but only if I'm storing it in a ring box) to clean, shower, do my HAIR, and sleep. I'm refuse to just lay it down somewhere. I have forgotten the next morning a few and felt naked al day.

Even a co-worker noticed I wasn't wearing it one day and made a comment, but this is the same chick who seems mad that I'm getting married. (that's an whole other topic altogether)

I need to vent. I didn't know where else to put this post. Hope its okay that I posted this here...

I am not the bride, my sister is. Her wedding is this August. I'm the Maid of Honor.

Her bridesmaids are giving her a fit. She allowed everyone to pick their own dress style to fit their body type and taste but the fabric and color should be the same.

She has several bridesmaids that are complaining that they can't find anything they like. I am super duper PO'd. This is not their wedding! Pick a dress and sit down somewhere! It's not that dam serious! Ain't nobody gonna be looking at them no way!

I am so upset right now. I told her that she's better than me. I would have chosen a dress for everyone to wear regardless of body type. She's being too nice.

Vent over. Thanks for listening ladies.

Last edited:
Back