2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loving..my new avatar is my current length....I have to get my dd who's 4 to take my pics for me (so it's a bit challenging), because my DARLING HUSBAND is SO OVER this hair journey thing 2 years in:mad:

Last edited:
xu93texas KiWiStyle How's the stretch going ladies?

I realized I calculated wrong, I'm actually in week 10 now, not week 9.

My stretch is going well, I'm got the big hair lions mane look going on but I love the fullness.

S-curl is working out, been using it to moisturize and detangle my dry hair before setting at night. Right now I'm all about twist-outs/braid-outs, they're good for taming big poofy hair. I'm waiting for the detangling Denman comb and Tangle Tamer tool I ordered to come in the mail before I co-wash again.. Can't wait to try them out.

Raspberry, xu93texas, baddison

Yes, we will be 10 weeks post at the end of this week!! Six more weeks to go, RIGHT? My stretch is going well, I too noticed last night after applying my MN mix that I have the lion's head, LOL!! I love it too! Sometimes I look at my hair and say, there is no way I will be full APL by December but then I remember the shrinkage this late in stretching and my hope is restored. My NG is crazy thick and dense. I'm suppose to do a length check over in the APL challenge at the end of this month but I don't wanna :-(. This means i'll have to pay my stylist to flat iron my hair only to put it back into a bun or braid OR flat iron it myself...I suck at flat ironing which is why I don't do it.

Are we doing anything different in the final stretch??

The only thing I plan to do differently is alternate my two protective styles. I've been doing my single braid exclusively for quite a while now and now I have to beef up my MN game for the next four weeks. I could only apply my mix twice a week with my braid but now i'm going back to the bun to give me easy access to my scalp and apply daily without the extra manipulation of braid ing. The last two weeks prior to relaxing, i'll stop my topical growth aids.

ETA: I also did a black tea rinse yesterday to eliminate excessive shedding. I don't know if the reason i'm noticing more shedding now because it's shedding more or because of the protective styling and i'm seeing the daily shed hairs all at once. I know it's not the MN because I noticed it prior to using it. At any rate, it's not alarming but I still want to nip it in the bud.

Last edited:
@xu93texas @KiWiStyle How's the stretch going ladies?

My stretch is going well, I'm got the big hair lions mane look going on but I love the fullness.

S-curl is working out, been using it to moisturize and detangle my dry hair before setting at night. Right now I'm all about twist-outs/braid-outs, they're good for taming big poofy hair. I'm waiting for the detangling Denman comb and Tangle Tamer tool I ordered to come in the mail before I co-wash again.. Can't wait to try them out.

@Raspberry @xu93texas @KiWiStyle : My Relaxed buddies....holla back!!

Yes, we should all be 10 weeks post at the close of this weekend. *sigh*....sometimes I wonder why in the world I do this. Then it hits me: To achieve thicker, "healthier", relaxed tresses, dummy!! LOL!!:lachen:

Right now the "juice" is the only thing keeping me sane. I spray my S-Curl/Jojoba Oil mixture directly on my roots, before I even attempt to come near my head with any type of styling utensil. I finger part, and spritz.....finger part, and spritz....until all sections have been watered. I use my wide-toothed shower comb to groom, and I only visit my roots ONCE per day. So after I've spritz, and then hit the roots once with the shower comb....THAT'S IT! NO revisiting them roots at all!! I baggy 3-4 times per week, and the moisture helps with retention. Most times in the morning, I only apply my Dabur Vatika Coconut oil to the hair to seal in all that moisture. Then I bun.....boring, boring ol' bun.

But I saw some nice braidouts and twistouts in this thread that I think Imma try. Just wondering if I should be concerned with tangled ends at the close of the day. I wanna be MBL so bad:lick:...but I realize I gotta get to BSL first....:yep:

EDIT: SHOOT!!! Just looked at my calendar, and I wont be able to relax until Sunday, August 19th!!!:perplexed WTH!!!!:nono: That's an additional 2 weeks after my buddies...boohoo. Guess week 18 is my mark...*sigh*:ohwell:

Last edited:

Yes, we should all be 10 weeks post at the close of this weekend. *sigh*....sometimes I wonder why in the world I do this. Then it hits me: To achieve thicker, "healthier", relaxed tresses, dummy!! LOL!!:lachen:

Right now the "juice" is the only thing keeping me sane. I spray my S-Curl/Jojoba Oil mixture directly on my roots, before I even attempt to come near my head with any type of styling utensil. I finger part, and spritz.....finger part, and spritz....until all sections have been watered. I use my wide-toothed shower comb to groom, and I only visit my roots ONCE per day. So after I've spritz, and then hit the roots once with the shower comb....THAT'S IT! NO revisiting them roots at all!! I baggy 3-4 times per week, and the moisture helps with retention. Most times in the morning, I only apply my Dabur Vatika Coconut oil to the hair to seal in all that moisture. Then I bun.....boring, boring ol' bun.

But I saw some nice braidouts and twistouts in this thread that I think Imma try. Just wondering if I should be concerned with tangled ends at the close of the day. I wanna be MBL so bad:lick:...but I realize I gotta get to BSL first....:yep:

EDIT: SHOOT!!! Just looked at my calendar, and I wont be able to relax until Sunday, August 19th!!!:perplexed WTH!!!!:nono: That's an additional 2 weeks after my buddies...boohoo. Guess week 18 is my mark...*sigh*:ohwell:

Really:spinning:? Yeah, I can't see either of us stretching that long. Sixteen weeks will be my longest stretch ever, i'm still ironing out the wrinkles. Maybe it won't be that bad for you.

Hi lady,
Yes, I'll be 10 weeks post on Thursday. I may stretch longer than planned. I plan on relaxing in December and I may want to relax towards the end of December, right before Christmas. If I do that, then I need to stretch this relaxer a little longer. I would think this would be the one to stretch since it's the summer and I'm using moisture spritz on my ng on a daily basis to help tame it.

Chile, you longing for MBL. I just joined the APL challenge. Goal date 02/2013 :nono:

@Raspberry, @xu93texas, @baddison

Yes, we will be 10 weeks post at the end of this week!! Six more weeks to go, RIGHT? My stretch is going well, I too noticed last night after applying my MN mix that I have the lion's head, LOL!! I love it too! Sometimes I look at my hair and say, there is no way I will be full APL by December but then I remember the shrinkage this late in stretching and my hope is restored. My NG is crazy thick and dense. I'm suppose to do a length check over in the APL challenge at the end of this month but I don't wanna :-(. This means i'll have to pay my stylist to flat iron my hair only to put it back into a bun or braid OR flat iron it myself...I suck at flat ironing which is why I don't do it.

Are we doing anything different in the final stretch??

The only thing I plan to do differently is alternate my two protective styles. I've been doing my single braid exclusively for quite a while now and now I have to beef up my MN game for the next four weeks. I could only apply my mix twice a week with my braid but now i'm going back to the bun to give me easy access to my scalp and apply daily without the extra manipulation of braid ing. The last two weeks prior to relaxing, i'll stop my topical growth aids.

ETA: I also did a black tea rinse yesterday to eliminate excessive shedding. I don't know if the reason i'm noticing more shedding now because it's shedding more or because of the protective styling and i'm seeing the daily shed hairs all at once. I know it's not the MN because I noticed it prior to using it. At any rate, it's not alarming but I still want to nip it in the bud.

Finally hitting double digits this week. This will a long stretch, but not my longest. I've stretched 19 weeks before. I want to relax on 8/9. Do you think you can hang one more week? If not, I definitely understand. This MN is sure making my ng come in thick. I want to relax on 12/13 (that will be an 18 wk stretch from 8/9. I think we can all still be relaxer buddies if we are within one week of relaxing from each other. I think we all are relaxing in December again, right??

I need to do a black tea rinse as well. I'm still rocking my wigs, but I'm looking for another protective style to get me through the next 7 weeks that will look professional. I think I'm going to do a bantu-knot set tomorrow and rock that the rest of this week. I need to take a break from wearing wigs.

@xu93texas @KiWiStyle How's the stretch going ladies?

Hi lady, the stretch is going well. I would love to see pics of your "lions mane". When are you relaxing again?

I'm using Shescentit Moisture Mist on my ng. I'm really enjoying my new products from Claudie's, Darcy Botanicals, and Shescentit.:lick::yep:

I become a hair snob after a relaxer and a trim/cut. I don't want to do nothing to it -- don't want to try new techniques, don't want to use new products and I don't want to do anything that will make it freak out. I become so protective over these little strands.

The stylist was sniffing my hair today saying it smelled like coconut. :giggle: I acted as though I didn't know what she was talking about. Truthfully, I didn't. I have so many prods with fragrance that it's no telling what she was smelling. :giggle:

xu93texas said:
Finally hitting double digits this week. This will a long stretch, but not my longest. I've stretched 19 weeks before. I want to relax on 8/9. Do you think you can hang one more week? If not, I definitely understand. This MN is sure making my ng come in thick. I want to relax on 12/13 (that will be an 18 wk stretch from 8/9. I think we can all still be relaxer buddies if we are within one week of relaxing from each other. I think we all are relaxing in December again, right??

I need to do a black tea rinse as well. I'm still rocking my wigs, but I'm looking for another protective style to get me through the next 7 weeks that will look professional. I think I'm going to do a bantu-knot set tomorrow and rock that the rest of this week. I need to take a break from wearing wigs.

xu93texas,
Going another week? Lol, I don't think so. Like you, this MN has my NG insanely thick and dense. At this point, 16 weeks is a stretch that I'm determined to make. I'm still relaxing the 1st week in December so we're good there.

Bantu knot set? I want to see pictures because I've been hearing a lot about these lately. Did I read correctly, you joined the APL challenge?!! Are you doing the length check on June 30th in the MN thread? I don't want to but I fill obligated to.

KiWiStyle,

Yep, I finally joined the APL challenge this past weekend. I'm claiming SL, not full SL.
I made an appointment for Saturday to get a rinse, protein treatment and flat iron (using a heat pass). I'll post pics of bantu knot next week. I washed/DC last night and did the bantu knot. My grays are coming in real strong (thanks to MN:lol:)!! So I opted to wear my curly half wig today instead. I'm wearing my half wig for the rest of the week until my appt. on Saturday.
I feel you about not wanting to go another week. I'm going to try and make 17 weeks. We'll see.

KhandiB No I don't...:nono:

Will you be my buddy? :grin: I am 5 weeks and 4 days post and I am going for 10 weeks as well. TU day is July 21..can you tell that I am anxiously waiting on TU day?

xu93texas said:
KiWiStyle,

Yep, I finally joined the APL challenge this past weekend. I'm claiming SL, not full SL.
I made an appointment for Saturday to get a rinse, protein treatment and flat iron (using a heat pass). I'll post pics of bantu knot next week. I washed/DC last night and did the bantu knot. My grays are coming in real strong (thanks to MN:lol:)!! So I opted to wear my curly half wig today instead. I'm wearing my half wig for the rest of the week until my appt. on Saturday.
I feel you about not wanting to go another week. I'm going to try and make 17 weeks. We'll see.

xu93texas,
I love the strong faith! I can't wait to see how your appointment goes, MN is the truth! Talk about graying hair, I'm going to do a cassia application after I relax in August. I prefer it over the henna because I don't do colors...although the cassia colors gray hair to a wheat color.

My relaxer day is August 2nd, 16 weeks post exactly!

@KiWiStyle,

xu93texas....girl you can make it. I will be there with you. Not relaxing until August 19th. So we'll cheer each other on during our final days!!:yep:

I am trying to hold out another 7 weeks - making it 16 weeks till I relax again. We shall see... dealing with all the different textures on my head is a challenge.

I really want to stretch my next relaxer but since my relaxer and my regimen is so new Im not sure. I am still trying to find my staple products for relaxed hair since my CON poo and condish has changed. I still have products for my hair when it was natural. Is it just a matter of keep ng soft and manageable? How are you managing if you have relaxed and color treated hair? I rotate between protein and moisture to stay balanced because I want to keep breakage at bay.

I really want to stretch my next relaxer but since my relaxer and my regimen is so new Im not sure. I am still trying to find my staple products for relaxed hair since my CON poo and condish has changed. I still have products for my hair when it was natural. Is it just a matter of keep ng soft and manageable? How are you managing if you have relaxed and color treated hair? I rotate between protein and moisture to stay balanced because I want to keep breakage at bay.

i am relaxed and color treated. the CON Argan Oil shampoo is like the old CON, but nothing is like the conditioner anymore. you should try Keracare's conditioner. i am protein sensitive, but i do still use Aphogee 2 min. now all i do is keep it in for two minute and quickly rinse it out.

Keracare's leave-in conditioner (orginal) hydrating shampoo and 1st lather, and the humecto conditioner would work well for you.

a lot of us our using liquid or thin moisturizers to moisturize new growth and down the length.
i use Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist. i spray it directly on my roots/new growth and down the length. it drys right away, so my hair isn't damp and sticky. some folks use Scurl. i like Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier for a moisturizing spray too. i water mine down to make it spray better out the pump. i use a light oil to seal. like jojoba oil.

i don't really use anything i used when i was natural. those products were just too thick and coated my hair. nothing was light or penetrating enough.

i am going for 8-10 weeks again. i am not going to stretch beyond that. it just doesn't make sense for me. going too long would cause too much stress and breakage.

shortdub78 thank u for replying! Ive been scrolling through the threads and just decided to look into Keracare. It seems to be real popular. Scurl has always worked well for me and my daughter's hair whether natural or relaxed.

I am going to see where I can get Keracare from in my area. Will let you know how it works for me. Thanks again!

afroette said:
Lilmama1011, hey there buddy! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

image-3624731535.jpg

image-292192189.jpg

image-4195492394.jpg

I know my parts are visible and I should of separated them more but I focus on them looking fresh and less about the parts sorry lol. And that's the second day of wearing them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back