2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Ladies,
I have been toying with the idea that my natural hair texture is not nearly as kinky as I remember...it's been a long, long time since I've seen it. My fav low-manipulation style is a 2-strand twist out. I'm having a problem with my styling products. Just about anything works on freshly relaxed hair but I'm stretching for the first time in my life and I am now at the beginning of week 11. I'm not getting enough slip on my natural hair with what I'm using--PM styling foam. Any suggestions for styling products to try would be greatly appreciated.

@Ms. Tiki, I base my scalp every time before I TU. The stylist bases me again when I get to the salon. I have a sensitive scalp and would burn something serious if I didn't base. Other than basing it, I'm unsure what else could be done. When is your TU schedule for?

divachyk I was going to do it yesterday but I didn't have time. So, I'm going to do it one day this week or this weekend at the latest. What day are you scheduled for this week?

Hello Ladies,
I have been toying with the idea that my natural hair texture is not nearly as kinky as I remember...it's been a long, long time since I've seen it. My fav low-manipulation style is a 2-strand twist out. I'm having a problem with my styling products. Just about anything works on freshly relaxed hair but I'm stretching for the first time in my life and I am now at the beginning of week 11. I'm not getting enough slip on my natural hair with what I'm using--PM styling foam. Any suggestions for styling products to try would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOT
Cattypus1 I'm at 14 weeks post as of yesterday. Going for 24 weeks. My longest stretch ever. My goal is thickness. As far as products I'm using a lot of EO's and leave in conditioners before my braidouts. How are you wearing your hair?

@Ms. Tiki, mine is Tuesday. Good luck with your TU!

divachyk Thanks! I bought something to base my scalp with yesterday. It has shea in it also. I decide to use a scalp protector instead of just straight petroleum. I'm think mine will be around Tue or Wed. My plan is to CO wash, Aphogee 2 min, and DC tomorrow after I run. Then do a light blow dry. I hoping I have enough energy b/c it would be nice to go to class on Thur with a fresh do:lol:

More pics of my TU thnx to mn my edges are filling in.... The last pic was my last TU on 4/14

Attachments

• image-3395814276.jpg
    image-3395814276.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 30
  • image-1134625600.jpg
    image-1134625600.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image-2660762003.jpg
    image-2660762003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 29
  • image-3018762273.jpg
    image-3018762273.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image-597827538.jpg
    image-597827538.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image-287693142.jpg
    image-287693142.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 25
Im 3 days post... Does anyone get ruff roots or prickly feeling roots after a TU or certain relaxers. I rub my oils in with my finger and all my roots feel like the im rubbing the metal clasp on headbands. I tried moisurizing and it didnt work so I greased my roots tonight. Idk whats going on its not visable but I can feel it

sckri23 said:
Im 3 days post... Does anyone get ruff roots or prickly feeling roots after a TU or certain relaxers. I rub my oils in with my finger and all my roots feel like the im rubbing the metal clasp on headbands. I tried moisurizing and it didnt work so I greased my roots tonight. Idk whats going on its not visable but I can feel it

Nope, mines always feel soft . Sounds like a porosity problem tho

sckri23 said:

Because it doesn't sound like you hair is accepting any moisture so either your pores are too open or too closed

sckri23 said:

Have you dcd yet? If not I'm sure that's the problem.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

sounds like you are under processed like others have mentioned. you can wait six weeks to do a corrective or just moisturize the heck out of that area. you need to use your moisturizer first before you use your oils.

we can be buddies since we relaxed around the same time. i am 3 days post today.
i use liquid moisturizers to hydrate my hair. and i use jojoba oil to seal with. i moisturize and seal at least twice a day. i spray my roots first and then the ends of my hair. i take a pea size amount of oil and apply it throughout my hair concentrating on my ends first.

using the liquid moisturizers have really helped with taming my new growth as well! my relaxer schedule is 8-10 weeks. i am not a long stretcher. i want to avoid breakage as much as possible.

i wash my hair 2 a week. i shampoo with Suave Almond and Shea Butter and then i do a second wash with CON Argan Oil shampoo. i use the suave first because i use cones. it acts like a gentle clarifier to me since it has sulfates in it.

i dc with Keracare Dry and Itchy conditioner and Suave Almond and Shea conditioner. i mix a few drops of castile soap in my conditioner for more hydration.

i roller set and flat iron the roots when my new growth starts to come in. i bun throughout until the next wash day.

i use Spin Pins and Good Day hair pins to bun with. i wear a satin scarf at night.

i dust my end frequently. i snip 1/8 an inch all of the time. this way i don't have to do a big trim anymore.

Hey ladies, its been a while since I updated you guys. I am 4 weeks and 3 days post, and all is going great. I finally tried coconut oil and I Lurve it!
Last night I washed with Elasta QP Crème Shamp, did a light protein with Sally’s generic Joico K-Pac, followed with Hair One Argan and DC with Organics Hair Mayo and moisturized with this Hemp Oil Conditioner that was on sale at Sally’s and sealed with Coconut Oil and did a braid out, my hair looks and smells so good. If it keeps going this good I may make it to 10 weeks :look:

I want a hair buddy. I am 3 weeks post. I want to make it to at least 12 weeks. The last relaxer I only made it to 10 weeks. I am sporting high buns with a bang to help get ends back in shape. I got a trim with my last relaxer on May 30th.

Okay, I'm back in :), 4 weeks post on Friday. I'm currently in senegalese twists. I'll see how long my hair will last with this mizani bb sensitive scalp.

Last edited:
levette said:
I want a hair buddy. I am 3 weeks post. I want to make it to at least 12 weeks. The last relaxer I only made it to 10 weeks. I am sporting high buns with a bang to help get ends back in shape. I got a trim with my last relaxer on May 30th.

Meeee I'm also 3 weeks post. Relaxed at 11weeks post last go around instead of the normal 14. I wear buns n twist outs for the summer, also in the no heat summer 2012 challenge :) last dusting was after my relaxer May 29th

So after enjoying my hair for awhile I pit in another install. Now my hair feels safe again lol

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

I usually just twist it wet and let it air-dry. Usually, I go to bed damp and take down the twists in the morning. I pull them apart and let it go however it decides to go...its a good thing that doesn't bother me because its fairly unruly and does what it wants most of the time in spite of me When I get a good set and it's soft, I can go about 5 days with nothing more than some argon oil and finger combing. At night I use a nylon scrunchie and bend over at the waist and pull it into what I call the flower on top of my head--not tight enough to leave a mark, put on a satin bonnet and go to bed. My hair is a little better than APL but not close enough to BSL. I want to regain some thickness too. I don't think I can go au natural but I'm going to stretch as far as I can. 14 weeks is a long time, how are you holding out?

sckri23 said:

I love PM Tea Tree right after my neutralizing shampoo. It totally takes care of the itches. It's the only time I use it.

divachyk and Nix08 My plans tonight didn't go as plan but I'm still trying to texlax tomorrow. That means I'm going to have a ton of shed hair coming out during the rinse process. This should be interesting.

xu93texas KiWiStyle How's the stretch going ladies?

I realized I calculated wrong, I'm actually in week 10 now, not week 9.

My stretch is going well, I'm got the big hair lions mane look going on but I love the fullness.

S-curl is working out, been using it to moisturize and detangle my dry hair before setting at night. Right now I'm all about twist-outs/braid-outs, they're good for taming big poofy hair. I'm waiting for the detangling Denman comb and Tangle Tamer tool I ordered to come in the mail before I co-wash again.. Can't wait to try them out.

@divachyk and @Nix08 My plans tonight didn't go as plan but I'm still trying to texlax tomorrow. That means I'm going to have a ton of shed hair coming out during the rinse process. This should be interesting.

Ok ladies Ms. Tiki and divachyk so you're both relaxing tonight:yay: I haven't been posting but I did my TU on friday night so we can all still be buddies:yep: Here's wishing you both a burn free TU:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back