2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms. Tiki said:
Nix08 and divachyk I'm noticing that my ends start tangling bad around week 8. I'm at the point of is stretching this long really worth it. I feel like I would've been right at WL if I would've stuck to my original 8 -10 week schedule. OK, peer pressure is a mother...plus, I'm feeling lazy and waiting on my new relaxer. I'm going to wait til next weekend. She's sending a normal so I guess I need to add more oil. I've only use the one for fine hair previously. What do you ladies think I should do with the Mizani BB normal? I want to keep with being texlaxed.

Ms. Tiki, while I agree stretching has done a number on me, I can't say that I would be at WL by now. I thought stretching was healthy but in fact it is unhealthy for my hair and my personality. I have tangle prone hair and it worsens by the minute beyond 8 weeks. Breakage defeats my spirit and I then get frustrated and do something dumb from continuing to comb although I see breakage or combing improperly because I am frustrated and rocking a screw it, it is breaking anyway attitude. So yeah, it is best that I stay around 8 weeks. I tend to be drama free at 8 weeks and below.

@Ms. Tiki, while I agree stretching has done a number on me, I can't say that I would be at WL by now. I thought stretching was healthy but in fact it is unhealthy for my hair and my personality. I have tangle prone hair and it worsens by the minute beyond 8 weeks. Breakage defeats my spirit and I then get frustrated and do something dumb from continuing to comb although I see breakage or combing improperly because I am frustrated and rocking a screw it, it is breaking anyway attitude. So yeah, it is best that I stay around 8 weeks. I tend to be drama free at 8 weeks and below.

divachyk You totally sound like me. I do get frustrated and for a brief moment I say screw it and comb through rough as hell. I told ya'll my hair was ready for a touch up at 5 weeks. That MN got me. I think 8 weeks is my min. Around then is when things really got rough. However, before the board I would've texlaxed at 5 weeks when my hair started acting a fool. I said closer to WL b/c I'm 1.5" away. I might be a tad closer after my texlax and flat iron. However, I really feel like stretching with the tangling slowed me up. You know I went through that brief period of breakage. I'm thankful that the little lopsided issue looks 100% better.

Loving

i am editing my post - i am 8 weeks, not 7 weeks! :lol:

this time has totally slipped by me! my plan was to relax some time in July, but i may just do it by the 4th.

i am 8 weeks today! i just counted! :lol: i don't know if i am will be able to stretch with you until the 20th next month. but i got my sprays that are helping to keep my new growth moisturized. i may not use heat for the rest of this month. i will flat iron my roots right before my touch up to make it easier.

Last edited:
@Raspberry,

Life can be crazy sometimes. I know I feel like my head has been :drunk::drunk: this week.

I'll be 9 wks post on Thursday. I've seen an increase in ng since applying the MN. I've been using it since 5/19. I don't really know if the biotin or MSM really work that great. I've been taking them faithfully for a year. My hair has grown from an EL bob to grazing SL in 10 months (average growth). I'm trying different growth aids to help get me out of this awkward growth phase

xu93texas From EL to SL in 10 months is pretty major IMO, especially since you can do so much more style-wise with your hair at that length. Were you primarily in weaves and wigs during the grow-out phase? Seems like a lot of people have a hard time reaching SL because they get impatient with the grow-out process and abuse their hair to keep a certain style.

My new growth seems about average now, always seems to pop out of nowhere around week 7 - my natural hair has incredible shrinkage so maybe that's why I never feel like my hair is growing at week 4.

@Raspberry - your products sound delish!!! And the exercising/eating better really does make a difference - you'll see. Right now I'm taking Hairfinity vitamins as my growth aid. I am quite pleased with the results. I have put my self on a personal challenge of 1year with this growth aid, and I started in January 2012. So....heres to hoping that by that same time next year, I'll be waist lenght or something...:yep:

baddison Hairfinity you say? looks intriguing.. Hair Trigger Elixer does too. I'm soo trying to stay away from those products, my wallet is yelling at me :lachen:. Hey, WL by January 2013 doesn't sound far-fetched at all. I keep telling myself that growth is no big deal and it'll happen if I keep my manipulation down and avoid ripping all my hair out trying to detangle.. I'll feel good once I graduate to the purple rollers at the salon, I'm still on the grey ones lol.

anybody doing any twistouts for the summer? how do you maintain them at night? how do you keep your ends from drying out? i am going to try this style and i want it to work in my favor. sometimes, i don't want to roller set my hair.

shortdub78 I do 2-3 large twists and bantu knot them at night, secured with a bobby pin at the base. Depending on what you set/moisturize with, your take-down results should look like silky beach waves.

Further into a stretch I braid the roots of the twists to stretch out the new growth some.

I seal the ends with Claudie's Hairline/Temple balm. It's a light pomade with tons of different oils and essential oils in it. Leaves my ends silky and moisturized in the morning, best results I've ever had from sealing. Castor oil works well too, gotta be sparing though, that stuff builds up quick.

shortdub78 said:
nothing really. you can wash your hair 3-5 days to remove product buildup and a week before the touchup, do a light protein treatment. in order to protect your previous relaxed ends, you can put some oil on them, to help reduce the chance of overprocessing.

Thanks I wasn't sure so I didnt touch my hair all week. I based today, trying to part through the ng was hard so I massaged diluted grease into my roots. Im relaxing tomorrow morning its gonna be my new avi

I'll take pics of my results but idt I will be buying this anymore

ForumRunner_20120614_080550.jpg

The container of relaxer is really small. I used little dabs with my sprush and its almost gone

Also there isnt any dc, good thing I had some africa's best dc left from my last relaxer kit

I will tell you if it came out soft but the lack of products is really buggin me

I'll take pics of my results but idt I will be buying this anymore

View attachment 154459

The container of relaxer is really small. I used little dabs with my sprush and its almost gone

Also there isnt any dc, good thing I had some africa's best dc left from my last relaxer kit

I will tell you if it came out soft but the lack of products is really buggin me

i hope it turned out well for you!

Its nice and straight. I added africa's best herbal oil and I only left it on 5 mins after I finished but I never had under processing problems. Im just waiting to see softness and shine

Ladies, I feel like I shed an awful lot. :sad: I'm worried that it's affecting my thickness. I have no idea how to stop the shedding, though!!! That's why I'm wondering if I need to apply a heavy duty protein like Aphogee or something??? :cry3: Whenever I touch my hair I pull away strands. Usually when I comb I pull away strands. Strands are all over the sink. :sad:

missbugg21 I just read your message on my photo, I am 13 weeks post I have 11 weeks to go. Join me on this thread, we can support each other. I'm stretching for thickness. How many weeks are you going to stretch?

gabulldawg said:
Ladies, I feel like I shed an awful lot. :sad: I'm worried that it's affecting my thickness. I have no idea how to stop the shedding, though!!! That's why I'm wondering if I need to apply a heavy duty protein like Aphogee or something??? :cry3: Whenever I touch my hair I pull away strands. Usually when I comb I pull away strands. Strands are all over the sink. :sad:

Have tried garlic shampoo ? Suppose to be good for shedding

@missbugg21 I just read your message on my photo, I am 13 weeks post I have 11 weeks to go. Join me on this thread, we can support each other. I'm stretching for thickness. How many weeks are you going to stretch?

Hairroots I made it 13 weeks. I was experiencing a lot of excessive shedding and some breakage once I got past 10 weeks. I kept it in a bun for the last couple of weeks to make it through. I relaxed a few days ago with ORS Olive Oil...

Back to (almost) 1 week post. :yep:

I just did an aphogee two step followed by a moisturizing dc and now I'm experimenting with a pony roller set. My hair really seems to like the aphogee treatment and this is the second time it made my hair silkier instead of hard. I think I will add this treatment to my reggie and use it at around 1 week post.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

sckri23 said:
It didnt come with one

Your always suppose to deep condition after a relaxer, it can be drying and the deep conditioner is a life saver! Just got mines done Monday and my hair was soooo soft even the hair dresser said so :)

Hairroots I made it 13 weeks. I was experiencing a lot of excessive shedding and some breakage once I got past 10 weeks. I kept it in a bun for the last couple of weeks to make it through. I relaxed a few days ago with ORS Olive Oil...

Back to (almost) 1 week post. :yep:

missbugg21. Your hair turned out nice and silky. I'll be 14 weeks post tomorrow. My new growth is doing pretty good. I keep it moistuized. My ends are starting to give me trouble. They're dry. I'm doing a coconut oil pre-poo overnight and DCing in the morning. Hopefully that will help my ends with moisture.

Here's my hair at 9 days post. I'm so excited about my retention I was at cbl in December!

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

I was supposed to texlax tonight but I just got home. I'm tired. Anywho, I'm running tomorrow morning so relaxing tomorrow night is sketchy. It may end up happening Sun. IdK all I know is my head is suddenly itching like hell. Perfect!

Hyperventilates I did my corrective relaxer I was literally on pins an needles. I prayed to the sacred hairs to pleaseeee don't make my hair fall out. She used designer essential regular strength and she very gentle with my hair. I did make her use the Aphogee reconstructor before neutralizing. my hair is silky smooth, lightweight, it has a lot of body and shine.

I will never do that again.

Attachments

• image-1315964698.jpg
    image-1315964698.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Nix08 and divachyk My scalp is really itching. Any suggestion to keep it from burning? I didn't CO wash it today after my run like I normally would b/c I didn't trust myself not to scratch my scalp while I was doing it.

I'm convinced the itchies pre relaxer is mental so as long as you're not scratching you'll be good:grin: I normally don't, but you could base your scalp.

Last edited:
I don't know but it's some serious itching going on over here. Yeah, I was going to base it regardless b/c it's lye

@Nix08 and @divachyk My scalp is really itching. Any suggestion to keep it from burning? I didn't CO wash it today after my run like I normally would b/c I didn't trust myself not to scratch my scalp while I was doing it.
@Ms. Tiki, I base my scalp every time before I TU. The stylist bases me again when I get to the salon. I have a sensitive scalp and would burn something serious if I didn't base. Other than basing it, I'm unsure what else could be done. When is your TU schedule for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back