2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a coconut cream deep conditoner/relaxer. I'm at 12 weeks post relaxer with 12 more to go. This process helps loosen up the new growth natural curls and makes it much more manageable for my 24 week stretch.

afroette said:
How do people manage roots for so long??

afroette I just leave it alone! LOL! Seriously low manipulation & keeping my new growth moisturized is how I can stretch for 12-16 weeks without alot of breakage. Scurl & GVP chi silk infusion knockoff softens my new growth right on up. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
When do you ladies start seeing new growth? I relaxed on the 15th of May and don't see any or maybe bc I'm texlaxed it will be a bit difficult to see. I'm having fun doing cowashes and pampering these tresses. Now I think I have a good reggie down,am able to tell when a product is working or not. I want one more product then I'm done. I will use up what I have and keep moving until I have used all stuff up.

Hairroots said:
I did a coconut cream deep conditoner/relaxer. I'm at 12 weeks post relaxer with 12 more to go. This process helps loosen up the new growth natural curls and makes it much more manageable for my 24 week stretch.

Hairroots - oh do tell. What exactly did you use and how much of each ingredient. Also, what is your hair type and what is the exact process for this. Did it leave your hair greasy at all ? Was your new growth more soft well after your hair already dried?

Shrinkage is killing me. My texlaxed shrinkage is just as bad as my natural. I have my hair in two pigtails. I've gone from MBL to NL. I just can't get used to this. SMH

Ms. Tiki said:
Shrinkage is killing me. My texlaxed shrinkage is just as bad as my natural. I have my hair in two pigtails. I've gone from MBL to NL. I just can't get used to this. SMH

Can't you just put heat protectant and blow dry it out and put box braids and take it out for a crinkly look

Just a quick update for my relaxed Divas i started using mn in may and the results have been amazing. I tried to straightened out my roots but as you can see its my roots wasnt haven't it so this is straightest I could get it

The first one is was my starting pic taken 5/07/2012 The one in the middle is before I flatironed and the last one was my end result what do you guys think

Great progress!!:grin:

Can't you just put heat protectant and blow dry it out and put box braids and take it out for a crinkly look

Lilmama1011 I rarely use heat. I plait my hair to keep it from running wild. I'm normally a bunner when I'm not under a wig. I won't use heat on a regular until I'm at last full WL and that will only be once every two weeks.

@Hairroots - oh do tell. What exactly did you use and how much of each ingredient. Also, what is your hair type and what is the exact process for this. Did it leave your hair greasy at all ? Was your new growth more soft well after your hair already dried?

Brittster
12 oz nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons coconut cream
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Apply and cover with plastic cap. leave in for at least 1 hour. No more then 5. I start using it every 2 weeks after my new growth starts to grow out. My hair type is 4b. Oh no it doesn't leave your hair greasy at all. It leaves it feeling very soft and manageable. I think you will love the results. I posted some pics in my photo album check it out :blush:

Ms. Tiki said:
shortdub78 I fell off last week b/c I was wearing a braidout pony and didn't feel like fighting my NG. I would say honestly try it consistently for one month to gauge if it works for you. I stated using it straight out of the tube and I see the difference. Plus, my dandruff is gone!

I've noticed that too! And I had REALLY bad dandruff that left scabs in my hair when I picked at it now I'm flake free

@Mznelly Dandruff is caused by fungus so using MN and it going away makes sense. I just didn't think about it until after it happened.

OK ladies, I'm bored and I want to play in my hair. Truth be told, I really want to texlax. The only thing that is stopping me is the fact that I use a lye relaxer and I think it might burn like hell since I spent the whole weekend on my hair including steaming and an Ayurvedic treatment.

Last edited:
@Hairroots - oh do tell. What exactly did you use and how much of each ingredient. Also, what is your hair type and what is the exact process for this. Did it leave your hair greasy at all ? Was your new growth more soft well after your hair already dried?

@Brittster
12 oz nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons coconut cream
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Apply and cover with plastic cap. leave in for at least 1 hour. No more then 5. I start using it every 2 weeks after my new growth starts to grow out. My hair type is 4b. Oh no it doesn't leave your hair greasy at all. It leaves it feeling very soft and manageable. I think you will love the results. I posted some pics in my photo album check it out :blush:

Thanks so much Hairroots ! Do you use this in lieu of your normal deep conditioner?

Brittster. Your welcome I use it in between my regular DCing. I switch up on those a lot. My last DCing was tresemme. I think I'll use Aphogee this week, then switch back to coconut cream until my stretch is over.

How do people manage roots for so long??

Like others have said....not touching your NG helps with stretching. I stretch 4months at a time, for 3 relaxers a year. Also, when I DO have to manipulate my NG during long stretches, I make sure to spray with my SCurl/Jojoba Oil concoction first. Then the NG succumbs to my every whim...LOL!:lachen:

When do you ladies start seeing new growth? I relaxed on the 15th of May and don't see any or maybe bc I'm texlaxed it will be a bit difficult to see. I'm having fun doing cowashes and pampering these tresses. Now I think I have a good reggie down,am able to tell when a product is working or not. I want one more product then I'm done. I will use up what I have and keep moving until I have used all stuff up.

I usually begin to see NG breaking through around 3 or 4 weeks after my relaxer.:yep:

Ms. Tiki I want to play in my hair too....but now I know that I should flat iron my roots prior to relaxing and geez I have no desire at all to do that:nono:

What kind Scurl do people use exactly? My roots are so dry right now!

I usually pour some of this SCURL into my spray bottle (perhaps 4oz), and then I add about 1/2 oz of jojoba oil and shake it to mix. I finger part and spray the mix directly onto my roots and my new growth. The result is completely manageable, behaving, moist roots.

Attachments

• scurl.jpg
    scurl.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1
@Ms. Tiki I want to play in my hair too....but now I know that I should flat iron my roots prior to relaxing and geez I have no desire at all to do that:nono:

@Nix08 I think I might do a light flat iron before hand. My last texlax had too much texture in the back. This was with me switching to a lye relaxer, Bantu, which normally gets me bone straight if I do it the normal way.

I need to take a pic of my NG. My 8.5 weeks really looks like my 11 weeks.

@Nix08 and divachyk when are you ladies relaxing. After my treatment this weekend my NG is doing better.

@Nix08 I think I might do a light flat iron before hand. My last texlax had too much texture in the back. This was with me switching to a lye relaxer, Bantu, which normally gets me bone straight if I do it the normal way.

@Nix08 and @divachyk when are you ladies relaxing. After my treatment this weekend my NG is doing better.
Ms. Tiki Right now I'm planning on week 12

Oooh Oooh I need s buddy!!! I'm currently 2 days post and plan on stretching for at least 12 weeks. 16 if I can hold out or if I do another sew in.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

@Nix08 and @divachyk when are you ladies relaxing. After my treatment this weekend my NG is doing better.

@Ms. Tiki Right now I'm planning on week 12

I'm thinking maybe 12 too...but I'm just going to go with the flow and bring out my sprush when I'm ready:yep: My hair is doing very well... and I'm finding if I do down styles or buns with wisps of hair hanging in the front then the look of the ng doesn't bother me as much....PLUS I'm very lazy to flat iron my roots prior to the relaxer:look:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back