2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Ive been a lurker for a while and I just bought a membership. I'm a little over 4 weeks now. I used to be relaxed and then I tried natural but I felt more comfortable with relaxed hair. My longest length is at the bottom of my neck. Hoping to stretch till at least 10 weeks. Funny thing is I used to stretch my relaxer growing up without knowing that's what I was doing. Lol.

@sunnieb, I use to comb twice daily but started cutting back in an effort to minimize splits. I now comb on wash day only and periodically throughout the week if my hair needs smoothing. I might revisit increasing my combing frequency.

@KiWiStyle, my hair is not fine and is full of texture but will consider what you and @Nix08 have shared.

Thx ladies

I just finished a 14 week stretch. I relaxed last night with a new relaxer. Arganics and I totally am loving the results. Anyone at day 1 and need a buddy. tThis last stretch was the longest I have done and it went really well. i did some new things this time and i think it help a lot. Prior to this stretch i do 12 weeks and usually find my new growth is tough to manage but this time i did 2 coconut cream relaxer while stretching and I really think it help. i also roller set my hair the last couple of weeks. this time I shooting for 10 to 12 weeks.
Brownsilk8 welcome to our club! :grin: Hope you can chime in here with some tips! For starters, what's a coconut cream relaxer?

Does anyone know how long I should wait to apply a permanent jet black color to my hair after a touch up? I'm thinking about taking the plunge to jet black hair. Does anyone think that will prevent me from reaching my hair goals?

Loving said:
Have any of u ladies used tea rinses? Have you seen any benefits from doing it?

Loving. I tea rinsed before and perhaps my brew was too strong. My hair felt coarse and way too strong. Kinda like it would snap easily. I use and love Claudie's tea rinse. Makes my hair very soft. My shedding is about the same but I will continue using it for the nice candy like smell and soft, air dried hair.

Does anyone know how long I should wait to apply a permanent jet black color to my hair after a touch up? I'm thinking about taking the plunge to jet black hair. Does anyone think that will prevent me from reaching my hair goals?

gabulldawg I wait a min of two weeks. I haven't used permanent dye since I got serious Jan of last year. I have two boxes waiting for me. I think it will be better use them this fall after I hit my goal. I should be at WHIP or darn close to it. I will say the plan is to only use permanent dye twice per year and do any touch ups with a semi-permanent. With that said, I suggest a semi in jet black.

Since I'm not relaxing this week (out of sheer laziness) I think I'm going to do a quick length check. My hair is really starting to feel more like a chore than fun. When I hit WHIP it's going to be straight WnG.

Last edited:

at least 2 weeks. as long as you stay on top of your moisture game you should be fine. you are not lifting or bleaching, so it is not that harsh. just keep moisturizing.

gabulldawg I wait a min of two weeks. I haven't used permanent dye since I got serious Jan of last year. I have two boxes waiting for me. I think it will be better use them this fall after I hit my goal. I should be at WHIP or darn close to it. I will say the plan is to only use permanent dye twice per year and do any touch ups with a semi-permanent. With that said, I suggest a semi in jet black.

yep i am going to color again when i hit my hair goal for the year or in the fall. i am going blue black.

I am leaning towards getting cornrow extensions for a few weeks (probably 3). I want to give my hair a break. In addition, it may help me to manage the under processed areas better. What do you ladies think?

I am leaning towards getting cornrow extensions for a few weeks (probably 3). I want to give my hair a break. In addition, it may help me to manage the under processed areas better. What do you ladies think?

when do you plan on relaxing again? if you get your hair braided, just make sure you have a week or two to prep your hair for your touch up, so that means you are still going to have to deal with the under processed areas. but do what you can to avoid breakage. if that means getting them, do it!

what are you using to moisturize your new growth?

shortdub78 I am just 3 weeks post and am planning to touch up at 10 weeks - so I have 7 weeks to go. I am using a Mizani moisturizer right now.

shortdub78 said:
at least 2 weeks. as long as you stay on top of your moisture game you should be fine. you are not lifting or bleaching, so it is not that harsh. just keep moisturizing.

Yeahh...
I love jet black hair. I think it would look nice against ur complexion gabulldawg. After my next relaxer i'd like to prob dye my hair blk. My natural hair color is already close to jet blk but I want it darker and shinier. Plus the rinse comes out too quickly and I'm left with these annoying gray hairs on the side of my head. Its literally only a few but noticeable enough for me.

Just a quick update for my relaxed Divas i started using mn in may and the results have been amazing. I tried to straightened out my roots but as you can see its my roots wasnt haven't it so this is straightest I could get it

The first one is was my starting pic taken 5/07/2012 The one in the middle is before I flatironed and the last one was my end result what do you guys think

Attachments

• image-1156134685.jpg
    image-1156134685.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1762274733.jpg
    image-1762274733.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image-654901115.jpg
    image-654901115.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Mznelly said:
Just a quick update for my relaxed Divas i started using mn in may and the results have been amazing. I tried to straightened out my roots but as you can see its my roots wasnt haven't it so this is straightest I could get it

The first one is was my starting pic taken 5/07/2012 The one in the middle is before I flatironed and the last one was my end result what do you guys think

Mznelly, awesome!! Now I want to try MN!

I did an Ayurvedic gloss last night with various powders and henna. My NG is manageable again so I can make it until 10 weeks with no problem. I could make it to 12 but I'm dying to see my growth. I know I've gotten over 1" since using MN.

I did an Ayurvedic gloss last night with various powders and henna. My NG is manageable again so I can make it until 10 weeks with no problem. I could make it to 12 but I'm dying to see my growth. I know I've gotten over 1" since using MN.

i am not consistent with the MN. i guess i need to get back on the ball.

shortdub78 I fell off last week b/c I was wearing a braidout pony and didn't feel like fighting my NG. I would say honestly try it consistently for one month to gauge if it works for you. I stated using it straight out of the tube and I see the difference. Plus, my dandruff is gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back