2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunnieb can you be a relaxed big sister like BBBG..I have a buddy who will help me along the journey but you have my goal of the future..

Such a rt thought We going to take over us relaxed ladies..

I am 8 weeks post and plan to go to 10 weeks. I'd relax now but can only get to salon in two weeks time. Despite my roots looking like a cabbage patch, this is the first time my hair has been manageable. Castor oil and DC, FTW.

I'm soo sad and ashamed!!!! :'(

I just co-washed my hair this morning then my sis gonna call tryna take me to the beach......

I fell, my hair was drenched, then it was crispy crunchy dry. I was in such a hurry I forgot my hair products. All I had was a bottle of st. Ives sensitive skin lotion and a jar of Vaseline.

So I did a quick fix. The lotion made my hair soft and the Vaseline laid my edges down. Come to find out she was staying longer than a couple of hours.

My hair was still soft but that sand from the wind and water... Smh
I just got home at 11, I was being lazy so it took me a min to want to co-wash.

I co-washed put ORS as a leave in, put wrap lotion on to seal and blow dried my hair. Usually I use cold air but I was so tired and lazy I had the highest heat setting on.

Now my hair feels different and not a good different. I think I messed up letting my laziness get to me. :-(

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

sckri23 - Be sure you use a clarifying shampoo to remove all remnants of lotion. Follow that with a moisture shampoo and moisturizing dc. You should be back on track after that.

sckri23 - Is this what you have?

31lBHtZICyL._SS500_.jpg

If so, this is not clarifying. Here's some info from one of Sistaslick's articles:

1 Clarifying Shampoo/ and or Chelating Shampoo if you are a swimmer or have hard water:
This product should be used once per month, or twice per month if you use heavy products/greases oils quite often. Clarifying shampoos strip the hair of product buildup and are great for starting the hair off fresh each month. Your hair will and SHOULD feel squeaky, squeaky clean after clarifying.

Examples: Kenra Clarifying Shampoo, Pantene Pro-V Purity Shampoo, Infusium 23 Moisturizing Shampoo, Suave shampoos (entire line), V05 shampoos (entire line), Shampoo Three' by Paul Mitchell, Aveda Detox, RESOLVE® Chelating Shampoo from Joico, Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo, Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo, Nexxus -Phyto Organics Kelate Purifying Shampoo, Ouidad Water Works Shampoo, Artec Texturline Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Here's the full article: http://voices.yahoo.com/hair-regimen-building-newbies-408289.html?cat=69

Just trashed alot of hair toys. I'm getting real serious about hair. Now that I'm relaxed I want this to not be a mistake. I want to get to APL and then I'm done. I want my hair to be as protected as possible. I'm really going to try and do a roller set tomorrow morning. I haven't worn my hair down since I relaxed,it's been bun city for me.

I hope with all the products I have trashed and all the ones I have bought will perserve my hair and I will be able to find a good growth aid that doesn't smell. I can smell the sulfur from my BeeMine growth aid esp when I'm outside in the Texas heat.

I'm 9 weeks post and relaxing at 10 (thank goodness). I usually relax somewhere between 10 and 12 weeks depending on my social calendar and how my hair is responding to the stretch. This time, I had to move my appointment up by 2 weeks because I saw a more breakage than I was comfortable with.

Anybody else on a similar schedule and need a buddy?

i used mega tek for first time today as a DC. Um, I didn't know about the tingling and panicked that I was going bald with each tingle!!

My hair is doing fairly well. Trying to keep the underprocessed areas moisturized. This is going to be a real test for me but I am confident that I will pass it :yep:

2 weeks down...8 to go...

shortdub78 and GoddessMaker how are you both doing?

Loving my hair is good. Just washed it and now will be sitting under the dryer with conditioner. I'm still trying to decide what to do with my hair roller set or bun.

@divachyk and Ms. Tiki when are you ladies planning on relaxing next? I haven't decided for myself yet...I'm "thinking" that I may to to 10 but that can change in a minute:ohwell:
Nix08 and Ms. Tiki, it will be weeks 10 or 12. Week 12 puts me at 27 Jun which is my goal. I'll be out of town on week 11. I much rather it be week 12 since my out of town trip will be mostly spent outside (motorcycle races).

Pray I live to see tomorrow. I did a flexi rod set bc I didn't want to use direct heat to my head from blow drying and flat ironing only for it to last a day bc of the moisturizer I use reverting my hair. I don't know how long I will be under this damn dryer..it's so not comfy at all. I may have to let them stay in my head a while and air dry bc setting under here is hot.

ETA: I guess I'm not cut out for any type of set. I was only able to stay under there 30 min..my hair started hurting I guess I did the rods too tight and none of them were dry. So I cross wrap and bun for this week. Will try again next week.

Last edited:
My hair is doing fairly well. Trying to keep the underprocessed areas moisturized. This is going to be a real test for me but I am confident that I will pass it :yep:

2 weeks down...8 to go...

shortdub78 and GoddessMaker how are you both doing?

Loving
my new growth is doing alright so far. i am 4 weeks post. that Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist is really working out for me. it keeps my new growth very soft and hydrated without a greasy feel. you should try it out! it is not as greasy as Scurl, Carefree Curl, or as thick as Hawaiian Silky and the smell isn't bad either. i like the spray because it sprays like a pump, so you can just hit the areas that you need and you can lightly mist your whole head. i am using jojoba oil to seal with, since it is pretty light too and works well with the Mist.

i wore my hair down yesterday. it was 94 degrees out here, Chicago Style! :lol: i had a towel trying to wipe the sweat from around my forehead, sides, neck, and back, so my hair wouldn't get wet. i ended blow drying/flat iron yesterday since i was running out of time. i had a wedding gig, so i had to look nice on the job, since there is always a photographer taking pics of me and while i am working. (makeup artist)

since just using the select few products i have now, i think i will be able to stretch for awhile, without any crazy setbacks. shampooing with the Suave first (since it is a sulfate) and using the CON second really helps with softening my new growth. i won't be using any heat like that again. i am will just flat iron my roots from time to time and wear my hair off of my neck.

Nix08 and divachyk I'm still looking at next week at 8 weeks. It depends on if I can make it under a wig for two weeks. If so, I will relax at 10 but I know it won't be 12 for sure.

Loving
my new growth is doing alright so far. i am 4 weeks post. that Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist is really working out for me. it keeps my new growth very soft and hydrated without a greasy feel. you should try it out! it is not as greasy as Scurl, Carefree Curl, or as thick as Hawaiian Silky and the smell isn't bad either. i like the spray because it sprays like a pump, so you can just hit the areas that you need and you can lightly mist your whole head. i am using jojoba oil to seal with, since it is pretty light too and works well with the Mist.

i wore my hair down yesterday. it was 94 degrees out here, Chicago Style! :lol: i had a towel trying to wipe the sweat from around my forehead, sides, neck, and back, so my hair wouldn't get wet. i ended blow drying/flat iron yesterday since i was running out of time. i had a wedding gig, so i had to look nice on the job, since there is always a photographer taking pics of me and while i am working. (makeup artist)

since just using the select few products i have now, i think i will be able to stretch for awhile, without any crazy setbacks. shampooing with the Suave first (since it is a sulfate) and using the CON second really helps with softening my new growth. i won't be using any heat like that again. i am will just flat iron my roots from time to time and wear my hair off of my neck.

shortdub78,
Are you in Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back