2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mamaore my hair doesn't feel too far overloaded. If I did tip the scale, it is likely by a little. My hair feels stronger than I prefer although it doesn't feel coarse though which is good. The breakage was happening before using protein. I had hoped the protein would calm it. I have some troubled ends I am slowly trimming away. I will trim another inch on my next TU.

divachyk We sound like we are in the same boat b/c I was thinking 8 weeks myself. I didn't want to do it now at 5. My roots were not this hateful at 16 weeks on my last stretch. :mob: It's funny that me, you and Nix08 are all ready to TU early. We've taken the buddy system to another level. :lachen:

mamaore Yes, I wanted growth but this stuff is out of control. We were in here brawling last night. She cut me for messing with her. It got ugly.

Ms. Tiki said:
divachyk We sound like we are in the same boat b/c I was thinking 8 weeks myself. I didn't want to do it now at 5. My roots were not this hateful at 16 weeks on my last stretch. :mob: It's funny that me, you and Nix08 are all ready to TU early. We've taken the buddy system to another level. :lachen:

Wow! I'm thinking the same lol. I'm 5 weeks post and my roots and edges are crazy thick. I just might have to do it at 8 weeks too.

@mamaore, you asked about BM - I use BM as a moisturizer from root to tip - love it! I seal my hair and for added umph, I use Claudie's balancing ends assurance. That's some good stuff!

@Angelinhell and @Ms. Tiki and @Nix08, at least we all have the same problem, which is a good problem --- ng!

ETA: Ladies, we have another gorgeous head amongst us....member name: Hairroots.

@Hairroots, you should come join in on this thread if you haven't already. There are other relaxed threads going also.

Last edited:
Did a DC on dry hair for a few hrs yesterday( fell asleep) i air dried then flat iron and dusted my ends.

Posted in some other thread but..... I noticed that my hair was taking longer to dry the last week or so. Used Millcreek Biotin conditioner (which has Keratin and collagen protein) in my cowash last night and all was back to normal:grin: I like to mix up the types of protein I use just as I mix up the proteins I eat:look:

I wont make it 8 weeks, my last relaxer did not take one dern bit.. That’s the last time I buy a relaxer from a grocery store :|

On the bright side.. I found a new thing, that my hair seems to love – care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer :yay: :look: I Selsun Blued my hair and scalp , then washed with Elasta QP Crème Shampoo and then I used SE Cholesterol followed by a quick rinse with V05 Strawberries and cream. I sprayed my hair and jumped up and down, lolol. Moisture has been lacking in my head lately ,my hair just seems like nothing is working.. and I cant seem to really get my hair to shine how I want it.

Im going to try and hold out a few more weeks, but I wont last 8 weeks, lol

KiWiStyle, Raspberry,
What are your hair plans for this week? I took out my sew-in. :nono: :ohwell: It got old pretty fast. My scalp was itchy all the time even after spraying it. Also, the tracks were getting looser and the hair was tangling. I didn't get my money's worth, but it was for the best that I took it out earlier than later. I didn't like the amount of hair that shed and my hair appears thinner.:perplexed So, I've been babying my hair and I'm back in wigs. I will be purchasing a few more for the summer. I'm working on tweaking my regimen and I hope to be purchasing a steamer within the next 30 days or so.

When are you ladies relaxing again? I'm only asking because I'm THINKING about stretching longer than 15 weeks this time around, maybe 17 weeks. I want to improve the health of my hair and give it time to thicken up and get stronger. I think if I get a steamer and incorporate into my reggie, it will keep the ng much softer and manageable.

@KiWiStyle, @Raspberry,
What are your hair plans for this week? I took out my sew-in. :nono: :ohwell: It got old pretty fast. My scalp was itchy all the time even after spraying it. Also, the tracks were getting looser and the hair was tangling. I didn't get my money's worth, but it was for the best that I took it out earlier than later. I didn't like the amount of hair that shed and my hair appears thinner.:perplexed So, I've been babying my hair and I'm back in wigs. I will be purchasing a few more for the summer. I'm working on tweaking my regimen and I hope to be purchasing a steamer within the next 30 days or so.

When are you ladies relaxing again? I'm only asking because I'm THINKING about stretching longer than 15 weeks this time around, maybe 17 weeks. I want to improve the health of my hair and give it time to thicken up and get stronger. I think if I get a steamer and incorporate into my reggie, it will keep the ng much softer and manageable.

xu93texas Sorry you didn't get more use out of your weave, itchy scalp does me in so I feel you on that. I can't mess with weave any more for that very reason. Let us know how the steamer works out, I'm curious to know if it makes a big difference but haven't been motivated enough to research them.

My hair plans are to wash tonight, I'm so fiendin for a wash. I got incredible slip using Aubrey GPB followed by Silk Dreams so that's what I'm gonna use tonight. I'll air dry/blowdry to like 90% and set it in twists with Claudie's Isha Cream + Claudie's Hair gel. I got the baby powder scent in the gel and I'm not sure if that was the best decision :lol: but the hold, moisture, and shine are great, plus the ingredients are awesome.

I'm planning to relax at 12 weeks and that would be longest stretch to date. I need to get like you... 17 weeks sounds like an eternity.

xu93texas said:
KiWiStyle, Raspberry,

xu93texas, Raspberry,

Your hair probably didn't thin out as you think, weaves and braids removal tend to give the illusion of thinner hair because you got use to the volume. Now if you had them in a long time, that's a different story. I personally can't do braids, weaves or wigs; for one my fine strands can't handle it and two, I love washing my hair and massaging my scalp. As for steamers, you won't regret the purchase, I only DC under my steamer now.

My stylist want me to come in sooner than 14 weeks because of under processed areas but I doubt if that will happen. I'm going to of course play it by ear but I can't imagine stretching pass 14-15 weeks right now.

I'm going to be doing an aphogee 2-step treatment this weekend just because it's been over 6 weeks since my last one but my hair is doing great...being proactive as oppose to reactive. I've been wearing my inverted single French Braid which hid everything. I only shampoo once a week and it's been working for me. I m&s my ends very well before putting them away for a week. I can't wait to see what this stretch brings. I'll be back later to respond to Raspberry, DH just came in with food, lol!!

Raspberry,

I love how simple your regimen is. I use AO GBP too and I love it, I have a new bottle in my stash and want to use it to DC on dry hair. 12 weeks is plenty...baby steps when stretching. When I started stretching, would add 1 week each stretch until I got better acquainted with my new growth. I would like to eventually relax 1-2 times per year.

Last edited:
I have been stretching since December...so six months. Braids and more braids. Just took them out. Running to the salon tomorrow

@xu93texas Sorry you didn't get more use out of your weave, itchy scalp does me in so I feel you on that. I can't mess with weave any more for that very reason. Let us know how the steamer works out, I'm curious to know if it makes a big difference but haven't been motivated enough to research them.

My hair plans are to wash tonight, I'm so fiendin for a wash. I got incredible slip using Aubrey GPB followed by Silk Dreams so that's what I'm gonna use tonight. I'll air dry/blowdry to like 90% and set it in twists with Claudie's Isha Cream + Claudie's Hair gel. I got the baby powder scent in the gel and I'm not sure if that was the best decision :lol: but the hold, moisture, and shine are great, plus the ingredients are awesome.

I'm planning to relax at 12 weeks and that would be longest stretch to date. I need to get like you... 17 weeks sounds like an eternity.

I know right, 17 weeks is like forever! The longest I've stretched is 19 weeks and that was rough. I can do 13 weeks no problem. I'll take it week by week after I hit the 13 wk mark, but it'll be at least a 14 week stretch.

I have Claudie's and Shescentit products on my wish list. I've read good things about both vendors. I won't be purchasing anymore new products until the end of the year. I'm in the Use up Stash challenge. Your wash plans for tonight sound great.

2 1/2 weeks post and totally in love with my hair! :heart2:

I've been thinking of going back to 5x a week bunning to get to MBL faster, but iunno.....I've worked so hard to grow all this hair, I really enjoy wearing it out daily! :grin:

Decisions, decisions......

@xu93texas, Raspberry,

Your hair probably didn't thin out as you think, weaves and braids removal tend to give the illusion of thinner hair because you got use to the volume. Now if you had them in a long time, that's a different story. I personally can't do braids, weaves or wigs; for one my fine strands can't handle it and two, I love washing my hair and massaging my scalp. As for steamers, you won't regret the purchase, I only DC under my steamer now.

My stylist want me to come in sooner than 14 weeks because of under processed areas but I doubt if that will happen. I'm going to of course play it by ear but I can't imagine stretching pass 14-15 weeks right now.

I'm going to be doing an aphogee 2-step treatment this weekend just because it's been over 6 weeks since my last one but my hair is doing great...being proactive as oppose to reactive. I've been wearing my inverted single French Braid which hid everything. I only shampoo once a week and it's been working for me. I m&s my ends very well before putting them away for a week. I can't wait to see what this stretch brings. I'll be back later to respond to Raspberry, DH just came in with food, lol!!

I hope you're right about my hair not appearing as thin as I think it looks. I did a wash, protein treatment, and DC last Saturday after taking it out. I used my new ayurvedic oils and powder. I washed and DC again last night b/c the new oils have a strong odor and I could smell the oils under my wig. So from now on I'll use the new oils for pre-poo treatments and to mix with conditioners.

I haven't used the Aphogee 2 step before. I usually get a protein treatment every 8 weeks at the salon using Dudley's DRC 28. I'm way overdue. No biggie b/c I use either Joico K-Pak or Aphogee 2 minute at home.

Wow, I've read comments from several people that are experiencing areas that were under processed. I think my last TU came out too straight. I don't like bone straight hair at all.

Nix08 and Ms. Tiki and Team 10-12 weekers.....
My hair feels much much better now. That AO GPB just made my hair feel funky the first day. It felt nice by the second day and even better today. I did a light search and destroy on the ends yesterday and that seemed to be what the dr. ordered. *knock on wood*

divachyk I'm glad she is feeling better b/c you were alittle stressed. I was eyeing my ends tonight but I said I was going to keep the scissors out of my hair til June. This is going to be rough. I took my hair out of my clip and I look like Mufasa with all this hair. I keep molesting it. I oiled it up and everything.

Hey girls just checking in. I have been so busy (lazy) that I haven't been checking in as I should. So I've joined the challenge and I've been using mn in my hair. I am happy to report that it has stimulated growth. I've noticed baby hair spurting up from the two bald spots on my edges only time will tell if it's the mn or me finally taking care of my hair properly.

Side note I did the most awesome braid out (for me) today. I had a defined wave pattern and it looked so darn pretty I should have taken pics but I didn't even think about it

Attachments

• image-587541595.jpg
    image-587541595.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
sunnieb I've often read about the MBL stall where the hair seems to stall in around the BSL to MBL range soooo maybe wear your hair out and enjoy it expecting a stall with the hope that there isn't one.

Nix08 - you are so right! Funny thing is that when I joined, I was all about getting to WL. Now at BSL, I'm quite content. This is plenty of hair for me and I'm happy.

I'm still actively growing my hair, but I'm ok with being here.

With that being said, I bunned it up today! :giggle:

ForumRunner_20120517_085325.jpg

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

What the heck sunnieb do you have your lunch stored in that bun??? :giggle: It looks HUGE and GORGEOUS of course:yep: I guess BSL is a lot of hair.....

I hope you're right about my hair not appearing as thin as I think it looks. I did a wash, protein treatment, and DC last Saturday after taking it out. I used my new ayurvedic oils and powder. I washed and DC again last night b/c the new oils have a strong odor and I could smell the oils under my wig. So from now on I'll use the new oils for pre-poo treatments and to mix with conditioners.

I haven't used the Aphogee 2 step before. I usually get a protein treatment every 8 weeks at the salon using Dudley's DRC 28. I'm way overdue. No biggie b/c I use either Joico K-Pak or Aphogee 2 minute at home.

Wow, I've read comments from several people that are experiencing areas that were under processed. I think my last TU came out too straight. I don't like bone straight hair at all.

xu93texas,

I hate bone straight hair now too. In fact, I told my stylist I liked the texture and would like to continue doing it on purpose over my entire head this time. I'm sure leaving a tad bit more texture will be beneficial for my fine strands. It's not bonelaxed or texlaxed, somewhere in between I think. It straightens a bit after after a few days as I apply moisturizers and seal but reverts when shampooed. I'm always extra, extra careful to put plenty of moisturizer in those areas.

What relaxer did you use and what strength?? Maybe you can switch relaxers or have your stylist wash it out sooner?

I'm seeing how all the long haired ladies are never satisfied with their length/thickness. I remember how impressed I was with my new thickness when I got relaxed but now, i'm like blah, lol. I am hungry for more thickness now. My little single braid is boring but I don't mind it at all and thank goodness DH is a simple guy so he's cool too. I just M&S the hair I can see and unfold the end of my braid every few days to M&S that too and pin it back up with a good hair days pin.

I want to henna and do a clear rinse, have you done either of these yet?

@divachyk I'm glad she is feeling better b/c you were alittle stressed. I was eyeing my ends tonight but I said I was going to keep the scissors out of my hair til June. This is going to be rough. I took my hair out of my clip and I look like Mufasa with all this hair. I keep molesting it. I oiled it up and everything.

@sunnieb I've often read about the MBL stall where the hair seems to stall in around the BSL to MBL range soooo maybe wear your hair out and enjoy it expecting a stall with the hope that there isn't one.

Ms. Tiki, what bothered me most and that all was right with my hair last week so that episode took me by surprise. I'm good now. :look:

Nix08 and sunnieb, I feel that I'm stalled at MBL. I've been hovering at this length for a minute.

My plan is to maintain my hair length once I reach to full BSL. MBL and WL seems like too much hair to manage for me. I have a long way to go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back