2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nix08 girl I've been at MBL for a while! Tell me more about this stall please. I think I reached MBL last year September. I have been trimming a lot though but hopefully I reach full WL by December! Exercising has my hair growing like weeds. Need to focus on retaining.

@Nix08 girl I've been at MBL for a while! Tell me more about this stall please. I think I reached MBL last year September. I have been trimming a lot though but hopefully I reach full WL by December! Exercising has my hair growing like weeds. Need to focus on retaining.
bebezazueta I wish I could say that about me and exercise. I guess my body has gotten used to it as I get average growth per month :ohwell:

bebezazueta I don't know much about why there seems to be a stall - when I stalk ...I mean read the threads of those extra long heads I've noticed that this MBL stall gets mentioned. It seems to last a good 6 months or so. Since I'm not there I haven't looked into it to much:perplexed:

I need a relaxer buddy. I will be 12 wks post on Sat. This is when I would normally relax, but since I flat ironed my hair last Sat I feel I need to do a few protein treatments/reconstructor to get my hair in tip top shape for the relaxer. I think I may have some heat damage since I noticed some breakage when I would comb through it. So last night I shampooed my hair, put a generous amount of Joico K pak and them topped that off with Kenra Moist cond...slapped a plastic cap on...tied it up and went to bed. This morning I lost just a few strands of hair when I rinsed it out. I added some protein leave ins and bunned it to airdry. My hair is looking kind of hood out today in this bun...LOL! So this is what I am plannig for another 2 wks. I will probably do an aphoghee treatment on Sat as well.

Supergirl, did you stall at MBL as you were growing your hair to longer lengths? Our recent discussion within this thread is that some of us feel stalled at MBL and some of us have read that stalling happens at this length so I wanted input.

topnotch1010 and charmtreese, from a stylist's perspective, have you experienced, learned about and/or heard of hair stall at MBL?

TIA ladies!

DivaJones If you don't mind I have a few questions about senegalese twists, because I plan on getting some soon.(maybe)
Is this your first time getting them?
How long did it take?
How much did you pay?
Are they too tight?
Do you think you will have a problem with losing your edges?
This will be my first time getting any kind of twists and extensions, and I'm scared because of some of the horror stories I've heard.

Yes this is my first time getting them.
They took 4 hours(2 ppl doing them at the same time)
$160
No they are not tight, but they are loose already
No I told her not to twist it too tight to where they come out.
You can not go off of everybody else experience. I have had good and bad experience's you just have to find that right person who cares about you hair just like you do. If you get micro's tell them to braid to the end of your hair so you don't have to worry about the trying to cut your hair! I pick and choose wisely which African's I go to!

Supergirl, did you stall at MBL as you were growing your hair to longer lengths? Our recent discussion within this thread is that some of us feel stalled at MBL and some of us have read that stalling happens at this length so I wanted input.

topnotch1010 and charmtreese, from a stylist's perspective, have you experienced, learned about and/or heard of hair stall at MBL?

TIA ladies!

A little I guess, but not at the same mbl length. My hair made progress, but there were a lot of mbl "points" on my back on the way to waist length, if that makes sense. I'm tall too, so that probably made a difference. I guess I hung out at mbl for a 1.5-2 years.

@Ms. Tiki, what bothered me most and that all was right with my hair last week so that episode took me by surprise. I'm good now. :look:

@Nix08 and @sunnieb, I feel that I'm stalled at MBL. I've been hovering at this length for a minute.

divachyk Yeah, that has happened to me. Then I realized that I have to do a moisture DC after protein or henna. My hair is not having it. You know how I was freaking out when my hair was going through that breakage spell.

I felt like I was at BSL forever. I'm so glad that I got a little growth lately. Now I can't wait to hit WL so I can start getting rid of this V and move on to WHIP.

KiWiStyle,

My stylist uses the Influance relaxer. I think she left it on longer than I wanted. Since I've been stretching my relaxers and I've taken care of scalp problems, I no longer burn. Before she would have to work very, very quickly to apply my relaxer to reduce scalp irritation. Next time I'll have her rinse out sooner in order to get a texlaxed result.

I haven't tried henna before or a clear rinse. When are you going to start using henna?

anybody at three weeks? i am trying to stretch until the beginning of July i am working on moisturizing my new growth. i am trying out this Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist that i can just spray on my new growth and it won't leave my hair greasy or cause major buildup. i might moisturize the new growth with Hawaiian Silky 14n1 at night. i will still use my CON argan leave-in on the length of my hair. since it is the summer, i am trying use thing that are light and moisturizing for my hair.

my hair can't handle heavy products that coat the hair. that causes breakage.

i wash/dc twice a week. i use a shampoo since i need to remove buildup. the cowashing thing doesn't work for me being relaxed. i also can't air dry loose hair. that causes dryness and split ends. i roller set my hair. sometimes, i flat iron my roots if i want to wear my hair down. i also bun my hair.

anybody at three weeks? i am trying to stretch until the beginning of July i am working on moisturizing my new growth. i am trying out this Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist that i can just spray on my new growth and it won't leave my hair greasy or cause major buildup. i might moisturize the new growth with Hawaiian Silky 14n1 at night. i will still use my CON argan leave-in on the length of my hair. since it is the summer, i am trying use thing that are light and moisturizing for my hair.

my hair can't handle heavy products that coat the hair. that causes breakage.

i wash/dc twice a week. i use a shampoo since i need to remove buildup. the cowashing thing doesn't work for me being relaxed. i also can't air dry loose hair. that causes dryness and split ends. i roller set my hair. sometimes, i flat iron my roots if i want to wear my hair down. i also bun my hair.

@shortdub78,
I have to agree with the bolded. I took out my weave last Saturday. I washed/DC Saturday and I washed/DC on Tuesday. I CW yesterday. My hair didn't look as great and my scalp was still itchy after the CW. I'm 5 wks post relaxer right now and I'm using plenty of growth aids: ayurvedic oils, jbco, sulfur w/emu oil (Peppermint Pomade), and MN. I decided that I have to wash/DC every 3 days in order to remove buildup. My scalp/hair always feels better after a shampoo/DC. I also think a clean scalp makes my growth aids work better.

^^^using liquid moisturizers instead of creams are helping me too. i figured out i can't use creams on a daily basis. they coat my hair and don't allow moisture to penetrate. i have low porosity hair, so i need something that can penetrate through the closed cuticles and soften. not sit on top and create a barrier. when i was a little longer than

APL back in 2005 i wasn't using creams either. i would get my hair washed once a week get a roller set. i would spray some kind of leave-in moisturizer on my hair and spray oil sheen. i wore my hair curly, so i really didn't disturb the set with daily styling. i didn't mess with protein treatments either and i had color. my hair was so healthy.

divachyk Nix08 and Angelinhell Hellllppp! All the talk of relaxing today is getting to me. The creamy crack is calling me and I'm only 6 weeks. I think it's b/c I want to know how much I've really grown. * tear * I ain't gone make it ya'll!!!

shortdub78 I thought about that but I sweat like crazy while I flat iron. Don't ask my. Anywho, by the time I finish my roots have reverted:(

i sweat hard too! i didn't even bother today since the temp out here is hot. is it time to wash or cowash again? do that so your pores will be open and you won't be able to relax for a couple of days. that should take the edge off too! or go buy a pretty hair clip!

I had to relax..My hair was just sad..

I SE Lye , hair turned out great, did a clip too.. While chanting the mantra, health before length..

sorry Nix08 and Mznelly

Here are some pics
Seriously, it doesnt even look like I relaxed 5 weeks ago..believe me , my hair doesnt grow that fast.
newgrowth.jpg

Wrapped my hair overnight. Flat Ironed .. Ends.. No Bueno
IMG_1148.jpg

Ends2.jpg

Chop chop
ENds-1.jpg

End Result :)
IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

Last edited:
KhandiB - what method do you use to trim? Your hair looks good.

Ms. Tiki - hang in there. My hair was feeling a bit thick at the root and I got creative. I spritzed the roots with water and applied moisturizer. That helped soften it up. I also used DB Transitioning Cream on another day and that soften the roots also. I know you're getting antsy but like shortdub78 said, you can flat iron the roots or perhaps you can rollerset. It's very hot out and your hair will likely revert but at least you'll see the fruits of your labor to calm the urge to end your stretch.

Seeing all these pretty pics I get inspired and discouraged at the same time. My hair grows really fast but my ng messes me up if I can figure out how to deal with my ng without all the shedding I would be SL in no time.

@divachyk @Nix08 and @Angelinhell Hellllppp! All the talk of relaxing today is getting to me. The creamy crack is calling me and I'm only 6 weeks. I think it's b/c I want to know how much I've really grown. * tear * I ain't gone make it ya'll!!!
Have you thought about getting some twists or braids, so you won't have to manipulate your hair? I'm in the same boat, but I'm still contemplating on getting twists or micros(for some reason I have a fear they will do them too tight and I will lose my edges:nono:). Lately I've just been making a bun with some kanekelon braiding hair, it works pretty well for me.

Ladies have been busy in here:grin:. Ms. Tiki why don't you practice your braid outs the roots will give it a nice lift.

KhandiB ya, 13 weeks is right that last one really didn't take but today's results are fantastic!

I need a hair buddy..I feel lost but not too blind in this area. I have been relaxed before but def wasn't on point in the knowledge of healthy relaxed hair..any takers?

KhandiB said:
I had to relax..My hair was just sad..

I SE Lye , hair turned out great, did a clip too.. While chanting the mantra, health before length..

sorry Nix08 and Mznelly

Here are some pics
Seriously, it doesnt even look like I relaxed 5 weeks ago..believe me , my hair doesnt grow that fast.

Wrapped my hair overnight. Flat Ironed .. Ends.. No Bueno

Chop chop

End Result :)

Lol I forgive you your hair seriously didnt look 5 weeks post! What do you attribute to all that growth? Your hair came out fantastic I love the thickness of it. It looks so luscious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back