2012 Ayurvedic Challenge

I am feeling INCREDIBLY lazy with my hair recently :nono:. I took out my twists two days ago and have been wearing a twist-out. I finally detangled tonight and have my mozeke, mustard, neem oil mix in my hair. I'll use my ayurvedic poo bar tomorrow, DC and bun for the week.

Krystle~Hime I like the idea to mix in molasses. I'm going to have to try that. I normally use it in my pre-made Amla treatment.

it also helps for the powders to be rinsed better, so it's great !! :yep:

Ronnieaj can I ask you what do you use for strain your powders when you prepare a tea? I use my normal cooking strainer but the tea is still plenty of powders :ohwell:. I think i'm gonna buy coffee filters. what do you think?

Krystle~Hime, I use coffee filters as well :yep:. Some powders are super fine (off the top of my head shikakai comes to mind), so sometimes two filters are needed. Do be warned, since these are not coffee grinds the water sometimes is slow in dripping through. I can pour 5 cups of water and get 3 cups out. So give it some time after the initial brew.

Ronnieaj , Krystle~Hime

Can you please tell me how you make your tea? I tried to make a hibiscus and marshmallow tea (I have the powders) and it was a disaster. I got a paste instead of a tea :nono:. Maybe I didn't use enough water?

Adonia1987, I quite literally use a coffee maker. I use 1tsp per cup of water, and run it through the coffee maker (I don't drink coffee itself). I find that this way is SUPER easy, no straining necessary. I let it cool for around 30 minutes in the fridge before using.

Got my Cassia treatment powder form Ayur Natural Beauty! Yayy! So I'm gonna pre-poo tonight with my Vatika oil, Wash with Alaffia Shea and Henna shampoo and then do my treatment

For those that don't use coffee pot to make their tea, you can get tea bags, cheese cloth and use coffee filters. I place mine powders in a coffee filter, then tape, or band it close then put it in a tea strainer and place it in a pot of water. I drink coffee just don't want to use it for the tea rinses but if anyone wants to get one you may want to buy use one at thift store.

Last edited:
Tonight (Thursday)-I will Pre poo with Brahmi pomade,wash-Hemp poo bar, Dc with Amaka Creations-Brahmi & Burdock root Cond 30min,Rinse with-Coconut & Honey Milk,T.L.C-Hibiscus leave-in,Moisturize with Njos Creations- Ayurvedic hair cream..Seal with Boabab oil..

*I have every-thing already sitting on my counter top...For this evening...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Ronnieaj I am a big coffee drinker... If my brother wasn't using it too I would try it. I might go to wholefoods and buy marshmallow tea. I don't have the patience to try mixing until I get the right measurements lol. Thanks for the tip!

Today i mix amla and hibiscus with left over conditinoner i need to use up. That definately a fast way to use up. I also made a tea rinse with some skin detox tea that didn't taste good to me but here it has good ingredients: green tea, hibiscus, pomegrante, dandelion, yellow dock, honey bush, rose petal, grape and cardamon.

I did an amla/brahmi tea rinse the other day and I loved the results. I need to get more powders so I can try out new recipes.

I'm not officially in the challenge but I have a question:
Can I incorporate ayurvedic powders into my egg protein treatments? Has anyone ever done this? I was thinking that I could just mix them into the egg to form a paste...

Just did a paste with Brahmi/Amla Powder and few drops pf Lavendar and Cedarwood essential oils added to the paste. Prepoo'd with Vatika oil.

sheanu, I'm usually in and out of the shower in 15 or 20 minutes. After I rinse out the paste, I use a moisturizing conditioner, leave it in for about 5 minutes while i take a shower and I am done. I stand for 5-10 min under the running water to take the paste out.

I did my first tea rinse using kalpitone, hibiscus flower, and bhringraij. After I let the tea cool down, I then added aloe vera gel, 5 drops rosemary eo, & tea tree eo. I did an overnite prepoo with vatika oil, evoo, and MHC Honey hair mask. I did not rinse out the prepoo and I applied the tea rinse over my prepoo hair. I like the results with the tea better than the paste, and my hair was soft and it has a darker tint to my hair. I will still do the paste once a month but I will focus more on the poo bar and the tea rinses :yep:. I also purchased henna from the Morroccomethod website and I bought a trial size of their euro oil which has extracts of bhringraj, brahmi, neem, & amla. I will do my first henna treatment once my package arrives :grin:.

I am feeling INCREDIBLY lazy with my hair recently :nono:. I took out my twists two days ago and have been wearing a twist-out. I finally detangled tonight and have my mozeke, mustard, neem oil mix in my hair. I'll use my ayurvedic poo bar tomorrow, DC and bun for the week.
I totally feel you on the laziness girl:lol:, but what is mozeke?

Hey everyone! I've been slacking with posting, but I am keeping up with the challenge :)

Yesterday, I made a paste of shikaikai, kapur kachri, aritha, methi seed, and orange peel, put it on my unwashed hair, and left it on all day and overnight. When I showered today, my hair was so smooth and soft!—I didn't encounter a single knot as I finger combed. It might have been partly because I kept my hair in twists when I applied the paste and washed, but still, I was so amazed by how soft and manageable my hair was.

I have a question for you all—Do you think I need to add amla? It's pretty much a staple in all mixes, but my store didn't have any when I went and I'm really liking this mix as I have it. Am I missing out on some even better results without it?

Zedster said:
Hey everyone! I've been slacking with posting, but I am keeping up with the challenge :)

Yesterday, I made a paste of shikaikai, kapur kachri, aritha, methi seed, and orange peel, put it on my unwashed hair, and left it on all day and overnight. When I showered today, my hair was so smooth and soft!—I didn't encounter a single knot as I finger combed. It might have been partly because I kept my hair in twists when I applied the paste and washed, but still, I was so amazed by how soft and manageable my hair was.

I have a question for you all—Do you think I need to add amla? It's pretty much a staple in all mixes, but my store didn't have any when I went and I'm really liking this mix as I have it. Am I missing out on some even better results without it?

It's okay if you dont have Amla. In the past, I only used Brahmi and/or Maka. I just recently started using Amla mixed with Brahmi but I think I still prefer the Brahmi/Maka mix or even Maka by itself.

Sorry, i haven't been updating on a regular basis, but every saturday without fail i have been using my mix of; hibiscus, amla, brhami, makka, fenugreek , marshmallow with molasses and conditioner. Love ayurvedic!

Ms. Tiki, I never ordered ayurveda from ebay. Look up the reviews I haven't ever had problems on ebay and ordered major products from them like my pibbs dryers.

Today I did ayurveda co wash with amla/hibiscus, brahmi. Tea rinse with hibiscus, fengreek, amla and brahmi.

Sorry, i haven't been updating on a regular basis, but every saturday without fail i have been using my mix of; hibiscus, amla, brhami, makka, fenugreek , marshmallow with molasses and conditioner. Love ayurvedic!
hi! what results are you getting? do you think your hair is any thicker or longer? I just started using almost all the herbs you mentioned(I don't have maka or hibiscus) so I would love to hear how its working out...also what proportions of the powders do you use?thanks!

I'm not officially in the challenge but I have a question:
Can I incorporate ayurvedic powders into my egg protein treatments? Has anyone ever done this? I was thinking that I could just mix them into the egg to form a paste...
hi! While I haven't done it myself, I have watched a you tube video where a lady mixed her henna with two egg yolks so I would imagine your plan would work but I guess it wouldn't hurt to research further before actually trying it...hth!

Hi ladies I have a question for you all...I often use ayurvedic products and powders, but this week was the first time I used hibiscus. I later broke out and hibiscus is the only product on my suspect list. Have any of you experienced skin irritation after use of hibiscus powder?

MaraWithLove
Hi ladies I have a question for you all...I often use ayurvedic products and powders, but this week was the first time I used hibiscus. I later broke out and hibiscus is the only product on my suspect list. Have any of you experienced skin irritation after use of hibiscus powder?

I've never had issues with hibiscus (love drinking it :yep:), but a Google search for "hibiscus allergy" shows other people have had some kind reaction before.

Hope this helps!

^^Thanks Zedster! I looked that up as well but just wanted to se if anyone here had an experience like this. Thanks for your input. :) My grandma is a die-hard calamine promoter so I applied some of it and my break-out has started to go in already. :yep:

I made my first ayurvedic oil infusion using coconut oil and powders in a mini crockpot. I am very pleased with the oil and I am planning on using it to help with my thinning areas :yep:.

Back