2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Still hiding my hair in pinned up twists. I'm being more diligent with my moisturizing and sealing routine. I just bought a steamer in hopes of better results!

Tonight I will be washing, dcing, and cornrowing in preparation for my crochet braid install tomorrow:)

I've wanted this half wig for the longest time and had to order it offline since it was never in my BSS! Just got it today...

qw_nita.jpg

...BUT all that hair was way too big for my tiny head. I guess...I'm just not a fan of huge hair! I've seen other divas pull it off effortlessly, but if I turn to the side and all I can see is hair, it's just too much curl for me so...

I cut it...A LOT! :)

IMAG0126-vi.jpg

IMAG0128-vi.jpg

So what do you think? I'm certainly not a professional, but I think it turned out okay..lol

Oh yeah...since I'm natural, I have the hardest time blending my hair with any kind of weave or half wig because I'm super picky about the texture difference and whatnot, but I've started doing a cornrow along the edge of my hair and putting my halfwig right behind it. Then I put on a headband where they meet, and make sure my cornrow is smoothed down with Ecostyler gel, and it looks AMAZING! HHG!

I think it looks great! It looks very natural.

Well I was washed my hair for the first time since getting the sew in. I don't intend on washing for another two weeks. So far so good. I just need to spray my braid spray in and Im good to go.

Last night I DC'd with Aubrey organics GPB. Rinsed and detangled in the shower in 4 sections. Sprayed hair with eqyss avocado mist and added giovanni direct leave in. Braided my hair in plaits, sealed with EVCO, added rollers on my ends. Silk scarf around my edges. And put on my satin bonnet. This was going to be a braid out but my hair was still a lil damp this morning. My hair feels sooo healthy and moisturized.

I've had my twist for two weeks now and they've held up. I'm taking them down when I get home tonight and washing my hair and bunning.

I'm mainly focusing on the health of my hair right now. I'm doing great so far; I have been co/washing 1/wk and shampooing 1/wk as well as black tea rinsing. I have waaaay less breakage and my hair feels so strong. I did a protein treatment at the end of June and will do another one on Aug 3rd before I install my Senegalese twists. I cannot wait, because that's when I will seriously be hiding my hair until Dec. I can sooo do this and cannot wait to see results.

I wore a braidout today and it got rained on. It was cute though. Never did get around to doing those twists though. I haven't washed or d/c'd either. Oh well.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I am going to try a flat twist-out tonight. This will be like my 3rd or 4th time trying. They never come out well but I am hoping for the best since I want to wear my hair down on Sunday. I need to test it out first to make sure I'm not looking all kinds of set up for church.

HEY LADIES! Just dropping by and wishing all of you well on your HYH Challenge. I sat this one out but still hiding and cheering you on from the sideline.

Sad to say that I have not been hiding my hair well. Every other week it is down due to events going on right now. I promise to keep it hidden after I come back from TX next week. I have to show off the progress made:yep:. Oh and one more time for the beginning of the semester for classes:drunk:.

I have braids in for a braidout but I'm working this weekend so I just put them up in a clip. I finally washed this morning. I'll do an overnight d/c tonight. Not sure what I'm going to do to it for next week.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Going to put in a set of mini braids and see how long I can keep them in for.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

I really need to redo these twists. Between moisturizing, sealing, and my sulfur mix, my twists look busted already! I guess I'll wait until my steamer gets here.

Hola chicas!! Im so excited I just did the BC today so I can officially hide my hair without interruption for the rest of this challenge! I'll be wearing half wigs with a headband til my hair gets longer then will switch to braids or kinky twists for the rest of the time. HHJ ladies!

Sent from My Android ;)

Didn't get around to the twist out because I got tired. Lol.
I wore two ponytail puffs. I think I will try it on Monday.
Curlybeauty: What color rods are you using? I am thinking of doing either a rod set or Curlformers some time in the upcoming weeks.

"Redid" my cornrows straight back last night. Used Enso Naturals Blue Malva & Wildflower Honey Anti-Breakage Lotion. Me likey. Still hiding under AMA. Everyone loves it.

Didn't get around to the twist out because I got tired. Lol.
I wore two ponytail puffs. I think I will try it on Monday.
Curlybeauty: What color rods are you using? I am thinking of doing either a rod set or Curlformers some time in the upcoming weeks.

I have a mix between the orange and the grey rods. I also have some purple rods too. Not with me, but there are somewhere.

I don't notice much of a difference in curl diameter, because I roll the hair so taut on the roller, it all looks the same. Not that you asked :look:

And I want more of the orange rods :grin: perfect size IMO

I love my braids they're so convenient its been 2 weeks since they were installed and i have a 1/2 inch of growth already thanks to my sulphur mix

Im so in! I took out one of my twist so I have some frame of reference...why not?? I have been PSing since January anyway :grin:

Last edited:
Just finished my first week of having a sew-in! I washed my hair last night with diluted shampoo and conditioner to properly cleanse the braids. Then after towel drying my weave, I spay African pride and spread Infusium 23 liberally all around the base of the weave and on the hair itself. I used a blow dryer to bring the limp wet-dog looking weave back to it's soft fluff glory. I also used a blow dryer to make sure my cornrows weren't wet. No point in having a good looking weave if there's mildew growing on ur scalp!

I just loooove the hiding so far. I was getting a little stressed out with worrying and bothering my hair so this is great.

Back