2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Sew-In With a little out in the front corner

2r7m4xl.jpg

I ordered nioxin hair vitamins I'm excited to try them. but I missed the mailman yesterday so have to pick them up from the post office Monday. Booo.

Eta: I was trying to add a pic of my current install but my phone is trippin i'll add it later when I get to a computer.

I'm still in the wet bun. I purchased the zury half wig in Sheeba to change it up a bit but lawd, it was a hot mess. It looked like I was being attacked by plastic hair. I tried to thin it and play with it to make it more natural looking like on you tube but after I cut it a bit I butchered it beyond wearability :( This was a complete waste of 30 dollars...So I ordered Creta girl like Ms A Sunshine and one other wavy one...hopefully these work out. (And these two were cheaper than my local store here)

Last edited:
I'm definitely signing up again. I can't wait to see our amazing progress at the end. My hair is currently resting from it's last install of braids, but I will be getting my hair rebraided this Saturday.

God Bless all the ladies!

Last edited:
Went out of town this weekend and cowashed with Tresemme Naturals every single day, didn't seal, threw some gel on and went. OMG. My hair feels AMAZING! There are like NO SSKs! I don't know where they went but I am definitely doing this from now on!

My scalp is feeling better, 4 days into my weave and I finally greased my scalp with Dr. Miracles Spot Treatment and Olive Oil.

This phony bun I'm wearing is the business!

Looks professional: check
Easy to install/uninstall: check
Boost in confidence: check!

I just wish it had a deeper pocket so I could baggie with it. My ends won't respond to moisturizing without two days of baggie :perplexed: I had a braided one with a huge pocket, but I gave it to my mom. :D

Maybe I'll use the sweet roll one next week... It's time to switch it up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Did a tea rinse ealier and will not DC for 4 hours :). I will air dry it then roll it up in a bun. Im liking my new length its much easier to handle..

Got my hair cornrowed on Sunday to wear under my wigs. Hopefully I can keep these in for 3 weeks then have them redone. Planning on doing this until the end of the year but we will see.

I finally renewed my membership just so I could join this challenge. I hide my hair everyday anyway. I normally bun or wear wigs. I'm going to braid it this weekend if I can talk myself into doing it.

IMAG0130.jpg

I'm in. I've been hiding my hair most of the year anyway, so why not. Can't wait for the big reveal -- December 31st!!:grin:

Still bunning, but I think I'm going to wash and twist on thursday since I have the day off instead of waiting for the weekend. I'm going to try to do a good job on this set so I can leave them in for a few weeks.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Wore a WNG in a hair zing today, but will probably keep it back in a bun for the rest of the month. I'm so loving daily cowashing. I should have done this months ago.

Noticed a little knot on the end of one of my rod spirals..

Not sure why, but I might be doing these sets closer together. Lord knows I can't stomach a setback :nono:

I've just noticed that I've added A LOT of new things to my regimen (or lack of one) at once. Since I started the protective style challenge I have started to sleep in a satin bonet, take Nioxin 2x a day along with a Biotin supplement, and perform nightly scalp massges w/ a bit of olive oil....

At the end of the challenge I won't know what new thing helped me attain the most growth. Ah well, it is better that my old routine...sleep with my hair out on a cotton pillow case and spray with a mix of water and olive oil in the morning (bad I know).

I have always co-washed but my hair would still get really dry and crispy feeling...all this new stuff seems to really be working by the feel of my hair.

Got my braids in and will try to keep them in for 2 months.

Attachments

• braids2.jpg
    braids2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 28
  • braids.jpg
    braids.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 30
  • downsize (5).jpg
    downsize (5).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I'm wigging it up still. Keeping my hair braided in two braids underneath the wigs and moisturizing with my conditioning moisturizer spray daily. I'm doing a conditioner wash once a week.

Just took my kinky twists out on Monday....I will be wigging it or getting a weave until the next braid install.

Looking for youtubes videos on just washing my weave hair, instead of my scalp. My tracks are sew-in and they are hard to get in between.

Got my braids monday and I'm hoping they will last a month. I think I have a really good plan I'm anxious for December.

d03626af-544c-bed0.jpg

d03626af-549a-4db9.jpg

I'm still hanging in there... Wearing a bun daily, also take the bun down in the evenings to moisturize then re-bun...

Back