2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

So tempted to flat iron my hair, but I will be good for now.

I blew my hair out lightly after air drying. I will do a ginormous bun on the top of my head with a cute flat ironed bang in the front.

I've been envisioning this style for a month or so now. Therefore, I shall flood this thread and a few others with pics when I pull this style off..

Well I Doubt I Can Actually Keep Up With All The Checkins B/C of School & Home Life But My Hair Will Be Hidden With Cornrows Under Wigs (Now) Or Senegalese / Kinky Twists Till December.

Today I'll either bun my hair, or make a braided side ponytail with Marley extension hair. Hopefully the SO won't look at me funny, since he's never seen me wear my hair either of those ways before. LOL

I flatironed my hair last week to do a length check, took pic will post later, wont do that again till nov for my bday, its braided up and under a wig right now! I love hiding my hair, no one knows whats going on to my hair but me!

I'm Still Wiggin' it Daily M-F. Weekends I wear my hair out. It's been a hot summer, and I've been relying heavily on Hair Spritz and Moisturizers under my Durag & Wig.

So Far so good tho'.

Hey ladies! I got a coil out & red rinse on Friday...unfortunately the red is too deep, so you can't really see it :sad: I'm not ready to truly color my hair yet! I think I wanna get closer to my hair goal before I do anything like that

Attachments

• Coilout.jpg
    Coilout.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 36
Just wondering if wash-n-go's are considered "hiding" the hair? I am finally able to get this hair to curl up (14 months post) and I'm so loving the way it looks

I'm stil wet bunning but I think I will be relying more on two strand twists. After 2 weeks of wet bunning and co washing I noticed LOTS of tangles and knots when I took it down and put it in two strand twists. I've seen some ladies bun with the twists, but I have not quite figured out how to do that...any ideas? I'm not sure if just the ponytail part is twisted or if it is the whole head before forming the bun. Regardless, anything is better than the detangling session I had yesterday.

Ijanei- I believe w n g's are considered hiding. If not, then I haven't been in this challenge this round bc that is 90% of what I do :lol: I only have 5.5 to 6.5 inches of hair, so my styling options are limited :look:

mEmYSELFaNDj- Pictures please :grin:

Finally took out my month old cornrows. I washed my hair and DC'ed overnight with some HSR and my hair feels soooo soft right now :lick:. I will let it be free for couple of days and then cornrow it back up on Saturday.

I've been in a bun for weeks, but changed it up this week to a phony pony.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HTC Sensation 4G

Last night I DC'ed with AO HSR with heat for 40minutes but then I left it on my hair over night with a plastic cap because I was too tired to rinse it out, knowing I wouldnt have time to do my hair in the morning. So here I am this morning at work still with my AO HSR in my hair in a high ponytail with my hair hanging down curly. Luckily, its not all white looking. lol

Last night I did a really quick jumbo flexi rod set. I'm talking super quick, grab and roll, no product, no detangling, nothing. I just wanted to see what would happen if I rolled my hair while it was dry. It turned out ok. Makes for a nice stretched bun. I think I'll do it again to stretch my hair before flat ironing. Next time I'll at least detangle first, lol.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I'm using a pass today. It's my birthday!

Very successful flat iron session! My hair is straight, sleek, and shiny. And the little selftrim (my first one) makes it look even healthier! It's still waaaay thinner than I'd like, but it's less see through and the ends look less chewed.

Ok, I know, the proof is in the pudding...
Starting pic

18a496ba-3205-3aed.jpg

Post flat iron and trim
18a496ba-3256-27c5.jpg

A little clumpy because of all the serum I used...
18a496ba-3285-9313.jpg
really wish I could take better phone pics
18a496ba-32ab-0b57.jpg

After today... Back to bunning, maybe a half wig for a self bday present?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm using a pass today. It's my birthday!

Very successful flat iron session! My hair is straight, sleek, and shiny. And the little selftrim (my first one) makes it look even healthier! It's still waaaay thinner than I'd like, but it's less see through and the ends look less chewed.

Ok, I know, the proof is in the pudding...
Starting pic

18a496ba-3205-3aed.jpg

Post flat iron and trim
18a496ba-3256-27c5.jpg

A little clumpy because of all the serum I used...
18a496ba-3285-9313.jpg
really wish I could take better phone pics
18a496ba-32ab-0b57.jpg

After today... Back to bunning, maybe a half wig for a self bday present?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Happy Birthday! Your hair looks really pretty!

I'm about to die of bun boredom but I'm too lazy to dye my hair to wear my wigs. Yep, shameful. I did find out today that my hair pretended to like the cheap stuff but is in love w/Paul Mitchell. I thought my hair got over its love affair but obviously not. I washed with what I had and I had not breakage and minimal shedding. I'm pissed b/c that crap is expensive. I'm about to order the Nexxus ProMend in a few. Ugh

sarathu- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you enjoyed your day!

I'm about to die of bun boredom but I'm too lazy to dye my hair to wear my wigs. Yep, shameful. I did find out today that my hair pretended to like the cheap stuff but is in love w/Paul Mitchell. I thought my hair got over its love affair but obviously not. I washed with what I had and I had not breakage and minimal shedding. I'm pissed b/c that crap is expensive. I'm about to order the Nexxus ProMend in a few. Ugh

sarathu- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you enjoyed your day!

Ms. Tiki
Oh thanks but it's not my birthday it's
Anakinsmomma's birthday and I was just saying it to her. Lol thank you though!

5 weeks post.. still bunning my hair. I due for a hard protein treatment next week, then im gonna hide this hair of mine for 6-8 weeks.. I hope to gain some thickness and hopefully be full SL by then.

Back