2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Man, I totally forgot about this thread SMH I have been co-washing 5-6x/week...that is pretty much it :lol: When it cools down, I'll be busting out the crochet braids and wigs :yep:

Ok so I've been wearing these plaits since thrusday and I'm already tired of them. This style is cute and easy, but I need something else, See this is why I wear weaves because unless its weaved up its too hard to contain my "Hand in Hair disease". lol

I've still been doing ordinary wash n go puffs. But I've graduated to adding 2 more bright colored headbands to give me the double headband look:lol:

That's all I've been doing besides the twists had in last week.

Last week's wash-n-goes resulted in some ridiculous tangles, so I did a braid out on Friday. I'm still rockin that and I think I'll re-braid tonight.

Last edited:
I'm still hanging in there and it seems like I've had great retention and growth since I've started. It is probably a combination of the Nioxin vitamins and the protective styling. At work I stick with wet bunning and then I switch to my new homie (yes I said homie :grin:) Creta Girl for my grown n sexy :blush: look on the weekends. Hope all is well with everyone.

Kimmy Creta.jpg

I took my braids out and have been bunning for the past two days. Still haven't gotten around to d/c-ing. I've been busy, but I need to do it this week. I plan to continue bunning for the rest of the week and this weekend.

Sent from my HTC Evo

3 weeks into my briads 3 more weeks to go. I'v gotten some good growth thus far. I already have my next braid appointment set up for a week after I take out this set.

I have been wet bunning like crazy bc I am soo lazy:) and it is HOT in TX. On Fridays I try to do something different so I can enjoy my hair while still semi-protected. This week I will be doing wide curlformers:)

Ugh! Ten more days until these crochet braids come out!!

I absolutely hate the style (I still get compliments which is really confusing), but I vowed not to take them out until a month had passed.

I will take these out, wash cornrows with a cleansing conditioner, deep condition, rinse, air dry, and finally put a different style in.

Braids are almost a week old and still going strong. I'm very surprised!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Four weeks post and still Psing :) Im thinking of doing the C & G again. I thought the shedding was a lot but I have been collecting every single hair that I shed the last two months and realized the amount was the same. When I’m 6 weeks post I might install individual braids and keep them for 6-8 weeks. Anyway that’s me thinking aloud and only time will tell.

Duuude. This weave has my scalp itching sooo bad. Probably because I'm sweating so much running behind these kids at my job >.<
I might have to up the frequency of my washes to two times a week...idk.
My wash day is tomorrow tho, so I'll wait it out. :yep:

I've been wearing hats lately. The soft cotton kind. Plus they look cute too! But underneath that hat, you better believe I place a satin scarf over my head (leaving a swoop out) and simply use Bobby pins to hold everything together. And the beauty is that no one can see my satin scarf. It definitely helps me stay out of my hair and is very low maintenance. However, after wearing it for a few consecutive days I get burned out and just want to see my hair. But I'm thinking about buying a hat in every color, and keep my hair platted and wrapped in a satin scarf.... If I can manage. I would wear a wig but I'm not a big fan of weave. I think it looks good on others but not on me.

I'm still wet bunning too. At work they say I'm giving off a teacher/ librarian vibe so I can't wait until the big reveal. I'm also noticing some growth/retention so I'm really pleased so far.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SPH-M910

CHECKING IN!!

So...I decided to keep my braids past the two month mark (originally installed May 21st)---I washed, deep conditioned (my entire head), and rebraided the front section, side edges, and nape last Thursday (July 14th).

My plans are to keep these braids another 3 weeks...take them out and do a really good wash, deep condition and protein treatment. Then install a sew-in and small braids (in the front) for an upcoming trip.

We shall see cause I am really loving the EASE of my braids right now. I have confirmed that I have grown an inch since May!! YAY!!!

~S~

I've been alternating between wash n gos, buns and puffs. Today I did a wash and go, but it's so humid outside, I'm afraid I look like a chia pet. :-P

I'm still taking out these twists. I told myself to take my time and not rip through my hair; so, for once, I actually did it.

I will finally do my first steam treatment tonight with Aubrey GPB and follow up with Aubrey HSR.

I will bun with a piece covering my ends.

I just got Outre's Nene halfwig....I cut 5 inches off of her though! Let me know what you think....

IMAG0139-vi.jpg

I finally d/c'd today. I put on a hat and left it in my hair for the whole day. I still haven't rinsed it out. I'm so lazy, lol.

I'm taking these cornrows out tomorrow, but I haven't decided what to do to my hair for the rest of the week. My anniversary is on Thursday, so I'm thinking of doing some kind of curly set.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Well, still rocking my phony ponies and buns. Still thinking what my hairstyle will be for the wedding...

My hair is feeling thicker (yay!) and by the end of the day the edges are poofy, meaning NG! :D

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back