2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Checking in. I went old school and bought some creme of nature shampoo. They have a new version that smells yummy. I tried, and was able to detangle much quicker. Right now I'm sporting a bun. I've been calling and stopping by every braid shop I come across to get their pricing for individuals (not micros). I want them about the width of a pen or pencil. So far the best price I've come across is $140. Is that good?

Checking in. I really want to get some 2 strand twists or something. I'm tired of doing my hair. It's been in a bun all week

Been rocking wigs consistently since taking braids out around August 1 and now in bun with phony pony. Kinda tired of it all but love the thickness and benefits from hiding hair.

Just joining the challenge...I need a support group that understands me(Hoping to start fresh with everybody else in January 2012)!! This thread is just what I needed. I will be wearing my Outre half wig for the rest of the year until I got my sew-in in the beginning of October until December. Plan on making my first wig too for 2012!!

hey hey! just checkin in. bored with my hair, keepin it pinned up in one big twist everyday. takin pics once a month and pleased with the growth so far. hope everyone is doin well.

Doing a braid out ponytail for tomorrow, then washing on tuesday. I'm planning to use a pass and wear my hair straight for the weekend.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I decided to do a braid out for the first time...I DC'ed & washed my hair last night & I'll take it down tomorrow morning! I hope it looks good :look:

My starting pic- if its not too late. Taken August 6 2011

For some reason I can't post in the starting pic thread. I'm on my phone so I don't know...maybe it's closed??
b8e4959d-82ff-8e0a.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700

Sent from my SPH-D700

It's been a while since I checked in. I've been trying different styles. I had twisties in the front for a couple of weeks and now I have cornrows.

Hey Ladies!

I finally got off my lazy behind and did a twist installment. I think they turned out pretty good. I actually did a review about it, along with a review on bentonite clay. (good stuff!)

Here is the link if you're interested:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=14232707&posted=1#post14232707

I'm hoping my twist will last me a good two weeks. We'll see. I've decided that my next PS will be tree braids. I found someone who will do them for $85. YAY!:grin:

Checking In!

I've been bunning and I am low-key bored. I'm scheduled to get an install at the end of the month...so just trying to hold out and be patient.

~S~

I LOVE your hair pinkchocolatedaisy!
I'm still daily wet bunning or pony puffing. Nothing special over here. Haven't had enough time to think about my hair really to be bored yet (a blessing and a curse I guess).
I plan to throw in some Curlformer sets once October hits. Not tryna go out with a wet head everyday when it's cold. But I also plan on swimming a couple of times a week as well so... I don't know. I'll see how it goes. I may just do them for the weekends to give myself a little variety.

i'll chill from the sidelines :) ive been rocking crochet braids since april :) bout to switch over to wigging it :) best of luck everyone!!

just made 2 weeks with these bootay braids and its growing fast i think anyway ive been working out just about everyday and oiling plus taking my vitamins so im hoping for a boost in the braids

Hiding it under the wig in a bun. I have been GHE'ing for a while now and my hair in very happy and that makes me happy... :D

I LOVE your hair @pinkchocolatedaisy!
I'm still daily wet bunning or pony puffing. Nothing special over here. Haven't had enough time to think about my hair really to be bored yet (a blessing and a curse I guess).
I plan to throw in some Curlformer sets once October hits. Not tryna go out with a wet head everyday when it's cold. But I also plan on swimming a couple of times a week as well so... I don't know. I'll see how it goes. I may just do them for the weekends to give myself a little variety.

Thanks! :grin: you have beautiful hair as well...and IIRC you have some beautiful skin as well- don't you post in the makeup boards sometimes?

I just took out my braids. I had them in for 2 wks under my wig. But I was concerned about the swimming jacking up my hair. To my surprise my hair was super soft and moisturized. I've been following LadyPaniolo's deep moisture method- so far, so good. I guess next time I will keep em in longer. I didn't even have matting. A good bit of shedding but no matting.

Now since I lack braiding skills IDK what I will do until I get to get it braided up again by my brother's gf. I may just do my 5-6 ghetto braids LOL, throw on my wig and call it a day.

For those of you that are bunning, can you please post some pics? :grin: I need some ideas and I really don't know how to bun without having to redo it every day or at least every OTHER day.

Been a while since I have posted but I have not fallen off! Currently in a sew in.. Holding on for hopefully the next two months with this!

Still sporting my twists. They're starting to get a little fuzzy though.:ohwell: I'm going to try and squeeze an extra week in before I take them down.

I've been moisturizing and baggying my ends each night. I'm hoping that will help with retention.

For those of you that are bunning, can you please post some pics? :grin: I need some ideas and I really don't know how to bun without having to redo it every day or at least every OTHER day.

pinkchocolatedaisy,
I haven't been bunning much here lately. They're nothing to write home about, but here are a couple of styles I've used:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

If you really want to see some gorgeous buns, you need to check out divachyk. She's the bun master.:yep:

Your buns are pretty too Ms_CoCo37!

I'm still hiding my strands. The SO was playing in it yesterday, so I tricked him into giving me a scalp massage. lol

Checking in. I've been wearing snoods and wigging it mostly, with braids underneath it all. I'd like it to be nice, cornrows but, I can't really cornrow my own hair. So, I have some makeshift braids but braided nonetheless.

Sooooo...it's no surprise that I like to go for the big, Diva hair look. Well, I decided to go out and get more of an everyday look too. Oh, it's not a mom wig but still, it's not way out there.

Here I am in "Gina" by 'It's a Wig'

2011-09-19133005-1.jpg

I think I'm turning into a wig junkie. I have about 4 more on my list. :blush: But hey, I think that's reasonable to carry me through the rest of the year...right?

HEY MS COCO!!!! (@Ms_CoCo37) - what's good whicha! Long time no speak. I thank you for the compliment but your buns are gorgeous also!

pinkchocolatedaisy - I have some buns in my blog that I've done. Nothing too special. I like to dress them up with hair candy. Accessories can transform a boring, simple bun to magazine worthy blingalicious!

Checking in... Been bunning every day and I can feel my hair getting thicker. And I'm not bored, so that's good.

I ended up not using a pass for my wedding, phony ponied with flat twists instead.

If it ain't broke, dont fix it, so I'll keep bunning for now.

Back