2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

46f27df7-e7f6-db69.jpg

My current sew in

I'm still hiding in twists. Actually, I've been wearing a scarf over these twists since I installed them, so I'm really hiding my hair.

I'm still hiding in twists. Actually, I've been wearing a scarf over these twists since I installed them, so I'm really hiding my hair.

NappyNelle you're double hiding. That's goin HARD!! lol

I'm in my second install. Gonna try to keep it in until Thanksgiving and switch over to wigs for the rest of the year. I've been eyeballing a few new ones online that I'm dying to get.

I haven't checked in for awhile. I'm still going strong, just bunning. I'm thinking of doing braids for the next couple of months due to boredom.

I finally washed my hair today, but didn't have time to DC. I'll try to do that sometime this week. I had planned to take my twists out today too, but they're still in so they will probably stay in until next weekend.

I decided to do some small braids next instead of using another pass to straighten. I'll wait and straighten for Thanksgiving.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Just dc'd on dry hair with Aubrey organics GPB, megatek and coconut oil. Sat under the hooded dryer for like 30-40mins. Rinsed and detangled. Applied giovanni direct leave in. And banded my hair in two ponytails. My hairs feel sooo soft and moist. I'll probably wear the two banded ponytails tomorrow because it looks cute as a style. And maybe the next day I'll take out the bands for a wavy look, idk how that will turn out but I guess we'll see.

Back to wigs again and I'm happy I made the switch back. I need to be able to baby my hair like I used to.

I really thought I'd be bored with this daily bun but I'm surprisingly not! It's so convenient to just cowash and throw it up!
I am finding that my hair can get a bit dry throughout the day, so I am going to try and mix in a moisturizer with my gel for longer lasting moisture, and I am also determined to completely abandon elastics for my buns in favor of ez combs so I can be a little gentler. I'm due for a much-needed trim this weekend so I'm actually very excited for that!

I haven't posted in a while, just wanted to check in. Still hiding in braids that I plan to take out in 2-3 weeks and go back to bunning.

Made my first successful EZ comb bun tonight:

PA130836.JPG

PA130835.JPG

I'm going on an elastic band-free challenge for the next 30 days (more on blog) so wish me luck!

Found this at my local bss and feel in love. I'll be wearing her until I get my hair to make my holiday season 3/4 wig.
a68908a6-b3fc-59c6.jpg

Howdy Y'all,

Haven't bothered to check in since challange begain and I went scissor happy and chopped my hair back to mid neck/ear length. But, I have aonly been doing W&Gs, and cornrows on my hair. I tried crochet braids but they were pulling at my edges (no one mentioned how heavy they can be) so they came out the 1st week. Finally I ordered a wig last night and hope that will take me to the end of the year.

Oh, davisbr88 that is a beautiful bun.

3 weeks in these cornrows, 9 more to go.

I have been using organic root stimulator herbal cleanse dry shampoo to keep my scalp fresh, and jamaican black castor oil (only, no moisturizers) twice a day on my ends. It keeps my ends super smooth :grin:

Hey Ladies! I've been hiding under tree braids for 3 weeks now. I'm going to stretch it for another week and then take them down. My scalp misses me.:look:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next (another install of tree braids, or 2 strand twists on my own hair). I will likely use a heat pass next month for a formal event.:yep:

Back