2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

I decided to use my pass and straighten my hair. I plan to wear it down tomorrow and pinned up for the rest of the week

Still rockin my 2 week old cornrows. I'm gonna try to keep them in for 8 weeks this time, instead of 4 weeks like I usually do.

My new weave...

001.jpg

009-1.jpg

I got my sew in on saturday and I plan to keep it in for the next 12 wks. I only have about 1/2 inch of hair left out at the top the remaining is braided down

back shot
6h7zo8.jpg

right side
2di4n42.jpg

left side
ve3zvo.jpg

Yesterday I rinsed my dc out that I had in overnight (Aubrey GPB) did a cowash and then detangled and put my hair in four plaits after it dried I took the braids down and put my hair in a banana clip I pinned up some of my ends because some of them were looking a lil scraggly. And smoothed my edges with my home made gel.

SU1BRzA2OTcuanBn.jpg
SU1BRzA3MDQuanBn.jpg

CHECKING IN~

After I took down my extension braids, I was a bit undecided as to what I wanted to do---I was going out of town and just need to NOT mess with my hair while on I was away. After a failed ¾ wig attempt (not giving up yet!!), I kinda fell into the whole sew-in/braid combo. This is a style I’ve done before, but last time I used human hair (Milky Way)and wasn’t quite happy with how it held up. It was a little more maintenance than what I wanted. The hair I used this time is…well I think its synthetic…but is acts like human… YET the package does not say that It is a human/synthetic blend (shrugs shoulders).

Anywho..it came out well and I have had it in since August 5th and so far so good. It DOES frizz…BUT it isn’t horrible *for me*. Plus, as I said, this hair kinda acts human, so I was able to wet, apply a little product and twist it up (for a twist out once dry). I attached a few pics and if anyone is interested, provided the rundown on the hair.

Specifics:

Brand: Zury Tika (Weave)
Texture: Jamaica Curl
Length: 16”
Color: #4
Packs: 3
Price: $11.99
** There is NOT a lot of hair that comes in these packs---unless I just totally did the weave part of this incorrect. Either way, I wanted a full look..so three packs it was.

Brand: Zury Braid (Bulk)
Texture: Deep Twist
Length: 20”
Color: #F4/30 and #30
Price: $5.99 (I think..please do NOT quote me…lol)
** These packs came with A LOT of hair AND I cut it in half…so I literally only used a little over one pack (I mixed it up so I had highlights in the part that was braided).

~S~

Attachments

• MicroSew1.jpg
    MicroSew1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 23
  • MicroSew2.JPG
    MicroSew2.JPG
    356 KB · Views: 12
  • MicroSew3.jpg
    MicroSew3.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 24
Does stretching a section of hair for a length check require a pass?
If so, I used one today :)

Did you just pull the hair down? If so, I don't think that qualifies as using a pass b/c your "true length" isn't being shown. But that's just how I interpret the rules. Might have to get Ms Coco to school us on this one.

Did you just pull the hair down? If so, I don't think that qualifies as using a pass b/c your "true length" isn't being shown. But that's just how I interpret the rules. Might have to get Ms Coco to school us on this one.

Yep... it's the pic I posted in the MBL thread :)

I used a pass to wear a braid out last week. Sorry, I forgot to mention it!

I still have my Celie braids under my scarf. I will be washing, deep conditioning, and twisting sometime this week.

Found a new way to wear my bun. Less stress on my ends and I can move it around everyday. Thank goodness. It's nothing special: just a pony and I pin the ends upwards. Before I was doing the whole not-pulling-the-hair-all-the-way-through thing, or some other sort of variation, and I could only put it at the crown of my head and just moved over a couple of cms everyday. This way, I can wear it further down, further up, or whatever. This way seems much better. :)

I took down my two strand twist and wore my hair in a twist out on Saturday. It was sooo cute and I can tell my hair is growing. Saturday night I used my henna and amla gloss mix (mixed with conditioner) and slept in it overnight. Sunday morning I rinsed and put it back in two strand twists. I love this style and it keeps the majority of tangles and ssk's at bay. I think this is going to be my reggie for a while: DC and put back in twists...its boring but it works lol (and I get compliments on it too).
IMG_20110816_214127.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be twisting my hair when these braids finish air drying. I love hiding through loose hair, but twists are much better for my fine strands.

Braids been out for 2 weeks. Still rocking wigs and loving the thickness of my new growth. I'm still slowing trimming away the permed ends - preparing for BC.

just took down my braids going to maker this sucker breath for the rest of the week the back in braids again praise the lord i rarely lose any hair during take down

Washed and bunned today. I've been bunning without using a ponytail holder. I don't know if its making a difference, but it at least makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my hair.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I trimmed my ends today (it was more than a trim between 1 to 0.5 inches) and my hairs feels much healthier and looks fuller. Im still aiming to be APL but even though I will be an inch shy, no problem at least i will have thick and and healthy hair. I dont think I will be braiding, I just dont want a setback. Im doing very well in terms of retaining length so far :D and that makes me a very happy grower :D:yep::yep:.

Did a set of chunky twists last night. Pinned them up today. Hoping they last at least a week. Maybe 10 days. I really won't have time to do anything to my hair until then anyway.

Sent from my HTC Evo

It's week 2 of my install and day 8.

I don't know how long this weave will last, because I got it cheap, but so far so good. I'm hoping to get a whole month 4 weeks and I'll be happy with that.

I used one of my heat passes this past weekend. I can definitely see some progress from my last setback. Hopefully, I can get back to MBL by the end of the year.

I think I'm going to break down get my hair braided so I can keep my hands out of it.

I haven't updated in a while but I am still hiding my hair (cornrowed under wigs). I just bought 3 more wigs and I'm hoping they'll last me for the duration of this challenge.

Here's what I bought and will be wearing for the time being:

Janet Collection Premium Encore Wig - ELLA (Color: 2) (Human Hair)
Sensationnel BUMP Wig - FAB FRINGE (Color: Autumn) (Human Hair)
Sensationnel BUMP Wig - VOGUE CROP (Color: Champagne) (Human Hair)

Attachments

• ella.jpg
    ella.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
  • fab fringe.jpg
    fab fringe.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Vogue Crop.jpg
    Vogue Crop.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 16
Hiding in twists for almost a week. I have to remember to not wear my twists down so I can protect my ends better.

Checking in :)
Still hiding my hair. I will wear a wig for the next 6 weeks but i will be bunning/french braiding under the wig.

Back