2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Still in my two strand twists. I just grabbed sections of hair and twisted with Mixed Silk (by Silk Elements). I've had these in for 1 week and I will probably keep them in for 1 more. At night I sleep in a satin scarf and in the morning I shake and go. Even though I love the look and the ease of my wet bun, I think there will be far less tangles when I take these down.

kim twist 2 - Copy.jpg

Still in my two strand twists. I just grabbed sections of hair and twisted with Mixed Silk (by Silk Elements). I've had these in for 1 week and I will probably keep them in for 1 more. At night I sleep in a satin scarf and in the morning I shake and go. Even though I love the look and the ease of my wet bun, I think there will be far less tangles when I take these down.

View attachment 120939

SUPER CUTE!!!! :love: Did you use MS leave in for the twists?

I finally got my twists done 2 days ago. I'm already 5 weeks post relaxer, and will be stretching for 6 more months. These twists will make things sooo much easier. I have, however, constructed a very good regie for my stretch.
I cannot wait to see my results in Dec.:grin:

Attachments

• 1312042082872.jpg
    1312042082872.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 22
  • 1312042194579.jpg
    1312042194579.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 1312042128682.jpg
    1312042128682.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 19
I put in mini-twists with flat twists in the front. Hopefully they'll make it 2 weeks. I have a bad habit of re-doing my hair often.

Installed another set of Celie braids. Gonna keep this going for at least the rest of the summer.

I finally got my twists done 2 days ago. I'm already 5 weeks post relaxer, and will be stretching for 6 more months. These twists will make things sooo much easier. I have, however, constructed a very good regie for my stretch.
I cannot wait to see my results in Dec.:grin:
Very very nice bellebebe

Pre-pooing with aloe + coconut oil. Trying to decide how to style for the week - big braids? small braids? bantu knot set? flexi rod set? Decisions, decisions...

I'm gonna try a jumbo coil-out tomorrow and see how it turns out.
Starting to get a little bored of the buns and I think they might be causing a little bit of breakage, especially since I haven't been able to move them around too much due to the length of my hair, but I am still loving daily cowashing.
I think I am going to try to find another style that I can wear that I can alternate with the buns that doesn't cause much tension. My hair is still at a weird length for a lot of updos but I need to figure something out or start braiding my hair or something every night since I think sleeping on the buns might be part of the problem as well.

I attempted some medium sized box braids last night, but they did not come out right at all. I should have been looking in the mirror while I did them. I did the whole front before I realized it wasn't gonna work out. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to try to redo them, or just take them out and try something else.

I seem to having some breakage in the front. I'm not sure if that's from pulling my hair back for buns or what.. any suggestions on some styles that are gentle to the front part of the hair?

Everybody is doing so well already!! That's awesome. Are there any new PS's that have caught your eye that you might try out??

After this I'm probably not gonna weave it up for a while bcuz this thing is so high-maintenance -_-. Oh well, I got about 3 more weeks till take down so we'll see what happens. Ima wear my hair down for a lil while then do some jumbo box braids.

I realized this weekend that I need some protective hair style ideas so that I won't be tempted to go the wash-n-go route so often. I'm getting bored with my hair. I spent the weekend collecting YouTube tutorials and putting them together into a playlist. I've got one every 2 weeks for a year, so that should keep me in protective styles for at least that long. Maybe I'll be able to reach APL by this time next year that way. Here's my playlist. Anyone else have a similar list?

Update time I went almost four weeks with my sew in and I just reinstalled Saturday for my trip I plan to keep this in til the end of August hopefully.

I have manipulating my hair a little too much lately with wet buns. So this weekend I decided to do cornrows leading to twists. I will keep this in for at least a week and reevaluate my hair. If it still looks cute I will leave it in longer otherwise I will take down and repeat this style:)

This is my southern tease bun from yesterday. I used my Goody Flex 8 barrette, I love this thing. And this style is definitely turning into one of my favs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312211417338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312211417338.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312211461495.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312211461495.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312211502383.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312211502383.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 42
My curly weave is getting jacked up. Friday will make 4 weeks, but I'm taking it down tonight do a protein treatment before I get it flat-ironed on Wednesday morning. After I wear it down I will be thinking about my new install for when school starts back.

Checking In: I did my phony pony for four days, then a half wig for four days. Yesterday I unbraided my cornrows I was wearing under my half wig and it turned out to be a really cute braid out. I think I'm going to experiment with braidouts for this next week, while trying my hand at making a wig.

Hey ladies :hiya: I'm still doing daily wash n go's, with the occasional coil out...I need to figure out a way to mix it up! Any style ideas for natural 4a hair that is 5.5-6.5 inches long? :look: Such an awkward length bc I can't bun or do nice up dos, but my curly fro is starting to look uneven and not as cute as before when I first BC'ed a couple months ago :nono:

Did a high bun using a banana clip and a couple bobby pins

highbun-1.jpg
highbunback-1.jpg

Back in my weave. Hoping to keep this one for 3 months. We'll see how it goes.
I'm loving doing my buns right now, but as soon as im tired of them I'll be weaving it up like you for 3months, I love the surprise when you take it down and see how much your hair has grown after being hidden for that long. I probably would weave it up right now but I'm too lazy to braid down my hair.

Everybody is doing so well already!! That's awesome. Are there any new PS's that have caught your eye that you might try out??

Im gonna try a half-wig tomorrow night for my bachelorette party!:yay::woot: I chickened out and got a straight style instead of a curly one, so I'll either have to rollerset or flatiron the front. So silly of me, if I got a curly one I coulda just used flexirods....nuts:

Last edited:
Back