2011 Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad to DC everyday (alt. moisture and protein DCs) for a couple of weeks to give your hair like a jump start? I DC last night and my hair still feels dry (now that my hair is dry).

YoursTrulyRE everyday is a bit much I think 2x a week is my personal max. How often do you DC now? Maybe adding in a cowash between DCs would be beneficial, or even cowashing then DCing I think IDareT'sHair does this.

halee_J

You're Right! I do.:grin: I have dry hair so I always either CoCleanse or CoWash and then Deep Condition.

Yup. That's exactly what I do. :yep:

I only 'shampoo' either neutralizing or clarifying.

@DayDreamist I have used an egg..But,I like egg yolk powder better..The application is very smooth,so is the rinse-out..I like to mix it with my light conditioners & add hibiscus powder to it for (excellent) strong fluffy,thicker results.....After that I run a moisturizing dc threw-it for a second & it doesn't affect the beautiful results....

Happy Hair Growing!

i will try the egg powder asap!! i appreciate this info, i've really been trying to figure out a good balance between moisture n protein DC

I deep condition yesterday with Shea Buttter Cholesterol, Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment, JBCO, & Avocado Oil. It was VERY moisturizing!

Giving myself a hair spa today:)
Hot Oil Treatment with steam for 30min and Red Palm Oil
Wash hair with Anita Grant Babbassu and Amla Poo Bar 2X
Apply Roux PC
Apply Roux Mendex PIBBS for 15min at 50
DC with AOHSR and AORM

Shescentit - 20% off MOTHER2011
Jasmine's - 25% off hairluv
What I've heard about these are: Shescentit - Banana Brulee. Any others? Jasmine's - Avocado Conditioner and Cream Rinse. Any others?

ETA: Found the list that Brownie518 provided sometime ago....
Okra Reconstructor :love:
Marula Hemp Balm :lick:
Fortifying Masque - will definitely try the new formula :yep:
Carrot & Pumpkin Seed Defrizzer
Moisture Mist :thumbsup:
Avocado Conditioner

I need to reup on the bolded and I'll be getting the Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream as well. :grin:

ETA: Found @IDareT'sHair list also....
Not all at once, but at some point

Okra Reconstructor
Marshmallow Hair Cream
Banana Brulee *everybody should try/buy this at least once*
Fortifying Masque
Coco Cream L-I

*want to try the Marula, Pumpkin DeFrizz*

And @Lita's List.....
Banana Brulee was OK,Seyani butter my fav from her & Avocado cond as a rinse of light cond treatment.....

Last edited:
I'm doing a pre-shampoo treatment with Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol and coconut/sesame oil mix under the dryer for an hour to let the coconut oil sink in better. After my wash I am going to deep condition under the dryer with Mizani's Kerafusa and Hydrafuse mixed at 1:3 ratio.

Currently marinating under my DC mix (aloe + mayo). First off...bad combo, I should have used the mayo straight haha, but my stupid brain is currently leading the marbles today so...gotta try it out :) Will let you know how that goes....

Today was a simple wash day for me. I washed with CON red, then DC'd with Joico Intense Hydrator mixed with my ceramide oil mix under the steamer for 20 minutes. Did my acv rinse, leave in, moisturizer, sealed, and it's in six braids now. I'm done for the weekend.

So...my hair is still in cornrows so I can't say what that DC did for me, but it made me realize that I don't mind having the Aphogee 2 step around in addition to mayo. But then again, I definitely didn't do straight mayo and have nothing to test my hair's feeling.

Deep Conditioning (Steaming) Tonight with Jasmines Avocado & Silk in Hello Sugar.

ETA: Using Cathy Howse UBH under Dryer for 20 minutes First, then Steaming with Jasmine

steamed with Kendra MC on one side and Joico MR on the other....results pretty much the same, but I think i liked the Kendra better. going on thought it would be the Joico:perplexed but not so much.....will def use both again though! going strong with the weekly DCs!!:yay:

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 14
The dh took off to just chill with me on tomorrow so I will not be doing my hair. I will take in the day with him instead. No hair doing. Just LHCF surfing.

I deep conditioned with alter ego and hempseed oil. I'm trying to keep the conditioner junkie at bay especially since i'm running low on alter ego.

Currently doing a pre-poo with evoo in prep for the following:

Poo
Oil Rinse
DC - trying out a honey glycerin dc tonight, we shall see how it goes!
(1/4cup honey + 1/4cup glycerine + dash of oil of my choice)

Checking in, dc'd today with moisture velvet after p-poo overnite with 3 more inches. Also trying new supplement with Seabuckthorn which is supposed to help hair skin and nails.

Been a while since i've checked in but I'm keeping up with my DC's. I took out my twists on Wednesday. My hair was feeling a bit funky. I DC'd with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab on Thursday. Then I did it again on Saturday. Hair was still feeling funky so today I rinsed with ACV and washed with my antia grant kelp and ylang ylang poo bar. Hair was really soft. Now I'm DC'ing with my marshmallow Anita Grant cubes. I ran out of clay though so there's a section of my head that's not covered well at all.lol. Fingers crossed for soft supple hair

Hi ladies,
I'm under the heating cap now with LS shea butter+mango cholesterol cond. I also put a bit of raw honey on the front perimeter of my hair. I think I'll stay under the heat cap for about an hour.

HHG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back