2011 Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm checking in and updating with a new pic. Although I've come a long way, I see that I really need a trim, but I'm scared to get it done and loose length needlessly. Anyway, although I'm not real good about updating weekly, I am doing my weekly DCs. Under the dryer now with Alterna Caviar. Still taking my Cap 'n Energy, moisturizing and doing a lot of protective styling. My latest styling aid is the Goody Spinpins.

Attachments

• 041811 length check.jpg
    041811 length check.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 17
s1b000 very nice! looking good lady :) Don't be afraid to trim, find someone you trust, or do like I do, DIY. There are a bunch of vids on YT :yep:

DC'ing Under the Dryer Now with Cathy Howse UBH (Protein Treatment). Will Steam Later with Jasmine's Bath & Beauty Avacado & Silk in: "Hello Sugar":lick:

Will be DC'n tonight again with the One N' Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask for a few hours, then i will be oiling my scalp with castor oil and wet wrapping.... A week ago i used the restorative mask so i think im good on protein ^.^

Continuing my Shea mixture application, but i alternate with the coconut oil mix. I never have my hair down anymore. It's been up since March. I won't let it down again until June, if i even decide to let it down. I got a 20 year class reunion in September so I am going to make it to BSL by then!!

I will be DCing tonight with AE garlic mask on my scalp and ORS replenishing or Skala SOS emergency on the length of my hair

IDareT'sHair and others - I lost my original posting (on cell ph) so this one is way shorter. I finally asked stylist why she steams with cap and she indicates it traps moisture better that way although with or without is both acceptable. I will test this theory and report back. Will steam with and without to see if there is a noticebale difference.

Sent from my DROIDX

Will steam with sweet almond oil then dc overnight with Sitrinillah or Komaza's Intense Moisture Therapy.

I DC'd for 8 hours + overnight with CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix. My hair felt super weird this morning. I was trying to switch to natural stuff in hopes of getting a growth spurt for the summer. I was so excited to move on to one of the products LHCF members rave about. I don't know if this was it. Maybe I'll try the Moroccan Oil or CPR or NTM mask next week. I was so excited. :look:

Anyone ever threw an egg in their DC? I'm very tempted to do so after I read a thread about dominican salon products. THe ladies said they got great results when the got the egg conditioner:lick:. I'm not a product junkie and I wont be running out to buy anything just yet so whatever I have I make it work and was wondering if any of you ladies ever done this.

Ok I DC'd again last night with Mizani Renew Strength Masque. I think I love it! I sat under the dryer with it for 30 minutes with a plastic cap and my hair was so tame and wonderful afterward...minimum breakage. It may become a staple.

I have definitely been slacking on all of my challenges. I need to get back on track. I really want to try some Dominican dcs and I have a lot of dcs that I haven't really tried yet. I need to get it together.

Anyone ever threw an egg in their DC? I'm very tempted to do so after I read a thread about dominican salon products. THe ladies said they got great results when the got the egg conditioner:lick:. I'm not a product junkie and I wont be running out to buy anything just yet so whatever I have I make it work and was wondering if any of you ladies ever done this.

DayDreamist I have used an egg..But,I like egg yolk powder better..The application is very smooth,so is the rinse-out..I like to mix it with my light conditioners & add hibiscus powder to it for (excellent) strong fluffy,thicker results.....After that I run a moisturizing dc threw-it for a second & it doesn't affect the beautiful results....

Happy Hair Growing!

Is it bad to DC everyday (alt. moisture and protein DCs) for a couple of weeks to give your hair like a jump start? I DC last night and my hair still feels dry (now that my hair is dry).

I know Bee Mine is having a Mother's Day Sale. Any others? Me Hungry For Conditioners....ahem, at Discounted Prices...Otherwise, I'm not buying until the stash is low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back