2011 Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to wash off the salon sleek/shiny/sheen but it's nearing time to wash. Would normally do it tomorrow but dh and I plan to go to the beach this weekend, so I'm kicking the can down the road until Sat/Sun.

Pre poo with Ayurvedic & Coffee oil,Washed with Amla Neem cream sulfate free poo,Brahmi powder,Hibiscus & Egg powder mixed with BF for 15min (was nice & creamy),Dc RedKen 20min,Nioxin on scalp #8 for 3min,BF Desert leave-in,Sealed with Sesame seed oil,Lightly oil scalp with Heavenly Ayurvedic hair oil,JBCO on edges....

*Some sections of my hair (ENDS) needed extra attention so I added Mozeke protein treatment on the last 4inches & it did the job....

Happy Hair Growing!

DCing under my wig with AE Garlic treatment on the scalp will rinse out when I get home later and will DC the length of my hair with Jessicurl WDT for a few-hours.

Last edited:
Steamed for 30 mins on Tuesday w/ a little Trader Joe's nourish spa left over from my pre-poo, Kenra moisturizing conditioner and honey. Hair felt like cotton :yep:

still dc'ing. I steamed this past weekend with some left-over cholesterol mixed with coconut oil. I am removing my twist today (I was supposed to keep it in for the whole month, but I am too impatient). I will be trying out my hairveda sitrinilla (sp?) after a protein treatment (ORS Hair Mayonnaise)

Is it bad that I DC overnight and was too lazy this morning to wash it out so it will still be in my hair all day?
If so We're both bad:look: I fell asleep with the DC in my hair and didn't have time to wash it out this morning. Luckily I've been wearing wigs so I just slapped that sucker on and kept it moving.

I did a co-wash this morning on my braids only with my Shea Moisture conditioner/Castor Oil mix. This afternoon I received my shipment from Vitacost of my huge container of EV Coconut Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado Oil and Sage Essential Oil.

I added the AKO, avocado and sage to my Shea/Mango Shea Butter/EVOO/EVCC/Castor/Sunflower Oil mix.

co-washed Wednesday and sat 40 minutes under the steamer with my honey child's olive you. Afraid that I am beginning to see a little breakage, so stepping up my moisture game. I think it may be because i was getting in the habit of applying oil after a wash without a leave in or moisturizer first! A-duh!!:ohwell: what did i think was going to happen!? Hoping I can turn it around quickly hence the plan to DC twice a week. Fortunately, it appears to just be a few hairs; hoping i don't continue to see broken hairs!:yep:

Was at Sephora and got a few samples of Ojon Restorative Masque. Anyone using and/or have used this?

DCing currently with steamer for 30min. I havent been updating as I should but I am dcing at minimum 1X a week

Used ORS replenishing conditioner for the first time today...smelled nice and citrus-y ...made my hair stronger and moisturized... im just unhappy with my haircut for some reason though :/ maybe because it's summer and i want to go short........idk........

Did a MT protein treatment yesterday followed by KBB luscious locks hair mask mixed with my oil blend under steamer for 30 minutes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DROID2

Dc'd today with Aveda products which I love :cloud9:
- Prepooed with Aveda damage remedy
- Washed scalp with Aveda scalp benefits
- Steam DC'd with Aveda Dry remedy

Beautiful products, going back next week for a deep tissue massage so will stock up :lick:

Today was first wash post relaxer TU. Clarified (Quantum Clarifying). Protein under hood dryer (Ion Effective Care Treatment). Currently steaming DC (Kenra). Hair felt great upon rinsing out Ion. I know some do not follow up with a moisture DC. I might be tempted to do the same the next time I use it. Hopefully my hair will be kind to me once I'm fully air dried. Hoping my TU took well. The first wash post TU is tell all to let me know if my TU was a hit or miss.

I am currently under my dryer dcing with Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting Condish, some JBCO and honey all mixed together:lick:.

Wanted to do a black tea rinse today...but forgot to buy black tea:lachen:.

Deep conditioned for my pre-poo while sleeping and deep conditioning right now. :grin: I'll update more often I promise.

I DC'd overnight with Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturizing treatment. It was fabulous! Last time I didn't like it, when I used it under a dryer. This time it felt great. This might become a staple, alternating with Mizani Renew Strength Reconstructing Masque for protein.

I DC'd with Jasmine's new Hibiscus conditioner. Loved it!! My hair rinsed very moisturized, detangled, and so silky!!!

Operation 1st wash post TU completed. Hair feels great. Now, on to trying my new goodies next wash. :lick: OT: Purchased Ouidad detangling comb. Love how it navigated through my under processed areas of hair along the shaft.

DC'ing now with my SE Cholesterol. I need to enjoy it now since I will be kicking it out of my regimen when it's all finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back