2011 - Christian Random Thoughts

I enjoyed this and wanted to share with my wonderful sisters.

POINTS ON HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE

Personality:
1. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

2. Don't have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.

3. Don't over do; keep your limits.

4. Don't take yourself so seriously; no one else does.

5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.

6. Dream more while you are awake.

7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

8. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.

9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.

10. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.

Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

13. Smile and laugh more.
14. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

Community:
15. Call your family often.

16. Each day give something good to others.

17. Forgive everyone for everything.

18. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.

19. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

20. What other people think of you is none of your business.

21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick.
Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
Life:

22. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.

23. GOD heals everything.

24. Do the right things.

25. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

26. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

27. The best is yet to come.

28. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

29. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.

30. If you know GOD you will always be happy. So, be happy.

-DR. RANDY PAUSCH

Glad you enjoyed it. :) Yes, he reportedly wrote this to his wife and children before his death of pancreatic cancer.

In the midst of it all, we can say "This is for you, Lord"...Hallelujah! My God.... as I sit here tonight, I'm a living testimony that no matter where you are you can please God..no matter where you are you can give Him glory, with the tears flowing down, with the realities around you. I can say "I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth...my soul shall make a boast in the Lord and the humble shall hear and be glad." I need some help in here.........COME MAGNIFY THE LORD WITH ME, AND LETS EXALT HIS NAME TOGETHER."

The Lord is saying..."I am not finished with you, until my glory can be seen." My glory must shine through...my workmanship is now being revealed."

(words by Evang. Jackie McCullough)

We must lift up the Name, that is above every name...that at the Name of Jesus...every knew shall bow and every tongue shall confess Jesus as Lord!

I was confused as to why I was tagged in this thread bc I don't post much in the Christian Forum (I'm in the Hair Forum 99% of the time), but funny enough, it must have been a God thing! I have fallen away from my personal time with God lately, haven't been to church in weeks, & haven't been able to get back on track spiritually...I read my daily scriptures on my phone, but I feel disconnected in a weird way! I need to draw closer to Him again

I have to share this bc this is really hard for me but I paid my tithes today the full amount.Thank God for online giving bc I would have not done it if it where left up to me to go and take it.This is hard for me bc I have trust issues like now all I have to work with is 300plus dollars but its what had do be done..It will be tight even more for now on since I want to be more obedient to Gods word.Lord I hope this was for not but I know the tithes helps others around me.

Throughout the Bible, I see God always addressing people who lack something. Thirsty? He invites you to drink. Tired? He says come rest. Hungry? He says taste the bread of Life? Blind? I’ll help you see. Since God is in the business of supplying that which we can’t give ourselves, why do most of us rarely turn to Him as the Source He is? After all, God supplies all of our needs according to His riches in Glory.

Bishop T.D. Jakes

One word of advice to you don't say 'it's going to be tight even more for now on', life and death is in the power of the tongue...when you give you must know that he is the supplier of your EVERY need..

Remember that God honors sacrifice, so if it didn't hurt it aint no sacrifice...

I have to share this bc this is really hard for me but I paid my tithes today the full amount.Thank God for online giving bc I would have not done it if it where left up to me to go and take it.This is hard for me bc I have trust issues like now all I have to work with is 300plus dollars but its what had do be done..It will be tight even more for now on since I want to be more obedient to Gods word.Lord I hope this was for not but I know the tithes helps others around me.

And the question of the day is:

Shimmie, just where have you been lady? LOLOL You know we all are not always one of opinion, but we each have lots to contribute and sometimes, you learn a differing perspective. So, where ya been? :update: Singledom, stat!

Last edited:
Lord I need a hug even though I got one or two while at work its not what is needed..I want to cry right now I'm so exhausted trying to keep up being a christian and being proper is becoming too much for me..I need strength not to go crazy.Being a christian is something very near and dear but I sorta wish I hadn't been brought up as one bc it gives me a complex as I'm older.Also I understand this whole positivity talk but can one not be brutally transparent without the whole over used life/death in the tongue I know that well but the truth at times is what it is..ok vent over your humble servant.

Why is it we cannot get out of the door to church on time!?!? I'm dressed waiting on DD 12 to finish eating now that our discussion on church clothes is done! We have the same talk every Sunday. "You can dress causally 6 days and 22 hours of the week. These two hours you will put on a dress suitable for church!". 5 1/2 years and counting! She keeps me praying!

Father, I won't let ANYTHING or ANYONE determine my praise, you are still worthy despite any situation that I might go through...I will praise you not based on how I feel, but because of all that you are and all that you have done for me...

Hi Pooks!

Blessing to you as well..:yep:

unfortunately, the link to your song appears broken. I'm getting a list of videos to watch later?

All I can say to this is "Amen"! I needed this in so many ways! :yep: I truly needed this in sooo many ways! Exactly at this moment in my life, Exactly!!!

Shimmie - why did you tag me to this thread just a few minutes ago? :perplexed I've glanced at this thread before and I believe I've even commented in it.

Thanks for tagging me. :yep: I had an unexpectedly exhausting weekend and I can only hope that I can recover physically and spiritually. :ohwell: Actually, I'm more faithful about the latter than the former. :lol:

Back