2011 - Christian Random Thoughts

Maybe all this political impasse is G-d's way of cleaning house and bringing what was hidden to the forefront for all to see. May our house and senate be cleaned speedily and in our days.

Through years of tears and adapting to the trials and difficulties of life, you must come to the point where you make up your mind if He does not change the circumstances in your life; you are still going to praise Him. It is at that point that God can move in your situation because you have matured enough to realize that God is worthy regardless of all the things He does for you.

Ladies...just an observation:

When we create threads, lets be careful with our wording. I have now noticed that the thread about Astrolo** & Christianity has created banners on the right and above with Ouji boards and reading of palms, etc.

If we can write it out without all of the letters in it, maybe that would help.
The last thing I want to see when I come into the CF are banners such as these.

Blessings, always....

N&W

I thank you, Jesus...for hearing the prayers of the saints. A young man that I know was on that plane to Guyana that crashed and he is alive! What a wonderful testimony this will be for him.

It doesn’t matter how much money you have when you die, how many people know your name, or what position you held. If you never got around to doing and being what is your destiny, then all you were was a successful failure.

Praise the name of the Lord for change and growth.I can see a little change in me which is hard to admit.I didn't believe I could be happy to go to church.I can't believe Im pushing through the sleepiness on Sunday mornings..now if I can only do that in the mornings so I can do early morning bible study.

The sermon this morning "Are you kidding me" was so timely.I so feel this message was so timely for me since I often feel that I have been waiting and disappointed so long that I feel when I hear anything about hope,change,prosperity that you must be kidding God isn't going to that for me thats only for the special christians or the cute ones or the have's of the world but God gave Sarah a baby at her old age so nothing is impossible for God he can defintely give me a opportunity to get a career job and have a chance at making decent wages and possible get healing from my past.

With God, NOTHING is impossible. It's my disbelief that can get in the way...I must have no doubt that God is with me. Easier said, than done - when disbelief lurks. But when it is done, it is done. Going through another round of 'testing' but I believe.

When the enemy comes in like a flood I KNOW that MY GOD will lift up a standard!

It doesnt matter what the devil may send my way. I dont care how much drama is started, I dont care how many false accusations come my way. I REJOICE in being persecuted for righteousness sake! I would much rather suffer for this cause then to suffer because I am guilty.

No weapon that is formed against me will prosper. I lift all of these issues up to you God. I will not worry, complain, nor gossip about them but will place them at your feet because I know that I have put on the armour and YOU will fight my battle. Praise be to the almighty, everlasting, ever-loving, holy and righteous GOd.

Nothing can stop me from praising God!

Sheesh, I need a g-d's-name-in-vain intervention but if another one of these numbnucks doesn't stop squeezing my patience....sigh....

Oh lawd!

ETA: Confession and absolution...I figured it out. Sigh of relief.

Last edited:
Lord the day has come that I move out on my own and into faith.I have so much stiffling me such as what if I get fired,what if I can't handle it sexually,what if I become so depressed I self destruct,what if my money doesn't yield as far as it needs to what if Im harmed but in the same breathe I must let the devil know he doesn't win and I can't allow my emotions and fears to rule me..I am more than I think I am..

I'm sitting in my new place just in awe at God.I feel so tranquil and I just had a phone interview for a job in my new area in my field and to top it off it's a christian company.I know this would be a blessings if I got it.I will place this in your hands Lord.I know you will cover me while I drive to and from work in Dallas daily I'm just desperate for you Lord.I'm tired of failing and falling for the okie doke spiritually.I'm ready to be healed of my past so I can grow.I'm tired of feeling as though I'm all alone.I know that is a game from the devil to make me feel as though no one loves me.I had to stop and check my thoughts Friday that no one called me from work about my new place but its ok they are my co workers even the ones whom Im close with need a break from me.I have to not be so sensitive to things.God please decrease me and increase you in me.Allow your love flow abundantly in me so I can flow in love..I want my mouth to be clean and pure and also my mind and body..I must have this Lord Im tired of being tired.

It would be nice if LHCF had a history forum....

Found some interesting findings that were left out of the 'text books'

Enjoying this reminder today:

ISAIAH 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Whistling_Kite.jpg

Thank you ladies.I'm so happy and won't allow things that happen in my office bring me down.I know the devil is working doesn't want me to grow.But its ok its part of Gods plan.

It's not that we shouldn't call right, right, and wrong, wrong but it is just that we cannot say who will merit heaven personally and who will not. It is not wrong to say, "you are doing wrong, brother." It is wrong to say, "you're going to hell." It might be any of us instead.

If anyone goes to hell, it is not a mistake. God knows the hearts of men...He knows us before we knew ourselves, because we come from Him.

It is His Word that speaks.

^^^G-d knows...not you nor I. To think one has the right is arrogance - not the humility that Christ teaches. The word is evident when you have it...some do not have the word...they only have it via what we do. No human has ever directed His hand nor has it ever written a final entry into the Book of Life. We do not have the right to say who will enter heaven or hell. To do so is to reap judgment upon oneself. I have also made such mistakes.

Last edited:
Guitarhero,

We're both saying the same thing.... :yep: and it's clear you don't see that because you're too busy accusing me of being arrogant while retorting in the same vein. Not necessary.

I do agree and pray we all have the humility of Christ. :sad: Not mad a ya... carry on

^^^G-d knows...not you nor I. To think one has the right is arrogance - not the humility that Christ teaches.

Here it is again:

Jesus said, "Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 10:33)

GOD said that, not man and it is only HE who knows who the "whosoever" is.

No one is saying they know who goes to heaven or hell. I am hoping we all go to Heaven!! Hell is a one-way destination..there's no do-over. It's the result of a choice that God Himself will respect. :yep:

And please don't accuse me of 'proselytzing'. This is the Christian Forum, for ALL who BELIEVE IN OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.

Deuteronomy 30:19 (KJV) - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

And please don't accuse me of 'proselytzing'. This is the Christian Forum, for ALL who BELIEVE IN OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.

Did I? No. He sets life and death before us...but He also warns us to be humble. It's a hard balance to attain for many.

No one is saying they know who goes to heaven or hell. I am hoping we all go to Heaven!! Hell is a one-way destination..there's no do-over. It's the result of a choice that God Himself will respect.

I sure hope not but it sure does come out that way in many threads in this CF.:yep: If a call to point people in the right direction is a christian command, so is the one calling us equally to become humble. Of course, I'm in the camp where we don't go into people's faces and say such. I'm not talking about you, but as a generalization. I've been the recipient of such and the people doing it had no clue as to their lack of christian behavior. Yes, I know my Church's horrible historical past. I'm not fighting...I think it's equally important to not carry this attitude of "I'm saved and ye all be damned." We learned that humble lesson and are still learning it. We could definitely go further, I'll admit.

Last edited:
Guitarhero,

We're both saying the same thing.... :yep: and it's clear you don't see that because you're too busy accusing me of being arrogant while retorting in the same vein. Not necessary.

I do agree and pray we all have the humility of Christ. :sad: Not mad a ya... carry on

Laela, if I wished to call someone arrogant, I'll do it up front like, "You're arrogant." I didn't do that and won't. The GENERAL intolerance of non-christians in the world. My response is initially to another thread where accusations are being made against another breathing human being and then to the tag-teaming over here and then to this general sentiment and behavior I witness on a regular basis...on here and more often, in the world. There's somebody on my FB doing this right now lol. But by principle, I think that it is arrogance in GENERAL. I dunno about Oprah, who knows if she were ever a true believer? We don't know that. It could be that she's regurgitating what's been taught to her and what is expected of her in Black society. We all know that outside thinkers are cut down readily. I cannot judge her heart nor her intentions/knowledge/faith. Of course, I'll comment on preachers who apparently purposefully mislead the innocent for gain. :blush:

Now, I will say that all us here know there's a tag-teaming of posts and veiled rebukes. I've participated in them...so have you. We're not saying the same thing, though. I don't count the graces of somebody's heart and I think that many others do at times, perhaps without realizing it. I was deep in the evangelical world for a bit of time and surrounded by people like that and it's eventually what sent me away. We are on separate sides absolutely when it comes to those who are not christian facing death. I do not believe that people go to hell for not knowing Jesus in life.:yep: So, we're not truly saying the same thing. The only thing I wish people would understand is that none of us know TODAY if we'll be saved in the end. We don't. That's what perseverance and hope are for and that's what scripture calls us to do. It also warns us not to count heaven's souls either because we do not know. Sure, I pray for Oprah but I don't judge her as hell-bound (and again, I'm basically referring to a whole movement, it seems, of believers intent upon bringing bad light to her). It's all over the net! :perplexed Hugs to you as well. I'm not angry at all.

Last edited:
Back