2010 Sulfur Challenge

I couldn't take it, I broke down and relaxed at 10 weeks post. I do feel like I regained the length I last from trimming last month.:yep: Now before you ask to see pics. I'm trying to wait to our reveal date. I have been basically pinning my hair up and forgetting about it. I'm hoping I get a nice surprise when I post my before and afters.:drunk:

same here. I have been avoiding direct heat for 3 months now and its hard at 11 months of transition.
I hope to see great results at the end of this month.

Is it me or does anybody else feel like a grease monster lately with the warmer weather and the oil from your mix? I constantly see greasy fingerprints all over the place. On my keyboard, my desk, clothes and everywhere. :perplexed I have my hair pinned up but I keep moving my greasy and oily bang out of my face and that's how I get so oily. My face is a little extra reflective too.

I'm thinking of cutting out the oils in my mix and just doing MN.

Question, can I add my sulfur powder to the MN and call it a day? I know about the MN headaches but have any of you ever tried doing it that way? I can't even wear a bang because it looks so oily and stringy from the grease. :nono:

I'll be wiping the grease off my keyboard as i wait for responses. :wallbash:

TIA!!

Is it me or does anybody else feel like a grease monster lately with the warmer weather and the oil from your mix? I constantly see greasy fingerprints all over the place. On my keyboard, my desk, clothes and everywhere. :perplexed I have my hair pinned up but I keep moving my greasy and oily bang out of my face and that's how I get so oily. My face is a little extra reflective too.

I'm thinking of cutting out the oils in my mix and just doing MN.

Question, can I add my sulfur powder to the MN and call it a day? I know about the MN headaches but have any of you ever tried doing it that way? I can't even wear a bang because it looks so oily and stringy from the grease. :nono:

I'll be wiping the grease off my keyboard as i wait for responses. :wallbash:

TIA!!

I SO feel you on this one. I've stopped my sulfur mix for just this reason. I said I wanted to let my scalp breathe for a bit but, I haven't used it for a minute. I was using it at night so that I could baggy and then put a scarf on to keep it on but, evidence still shows up on my leather headboard, satin pillowcases, I have to put my oily scarves in a separate basket. I do feel like a grease monster.

I'm still taking msn internally but am not sure when I'll get back to the sulfur/oils mixture. At least for now. I may have to check out that mn thread and join you. Maybe I can use the sulfur mix once a week or something. Or maybe I can do a sulfur mix "treatment" an hour or two before washing my hair. Not sure. But the oils...indian oils, jbco, evoo, evco, sulfur mix...all of 'em are getting on my nerves in this Atlanta heat.

I SO feel you on this one. I've stopped my sulfur mix for just this reason. I said I wanted to let my scalp breathe for a bit but, I haven't used it for a minute. I was using it at night so that I could baggy and then put a scarf on to keep it on but, evidence still shows up on my leather headboard, satin pillowcases, I have to put my oily scarves in a separate basket. I do feel like a grease monster.

I'm still taking msn internally but am not sure when I'll get back to the sulfur/oils mixture. At least for now. I may have to check out that mn thread and join you. Maybe I can use the sulfur mix once a week or something. Or maybe I can do a sulfur mix "treatment" an hour or two before washing my hair. Not sure. But the oils...indian oils, jbco, evoo, evco, sulfur mix...all of 'em are getting on my nerves in this Atlanta heat.

Yes, my pillowcases have suffered too even though I wrap my head in a scarf. Good idea about using it before a wash or maybe just wear it all wash day or something. I'm gonna experiment with just the MN after this week's wash. Hopefully it won't dry out my hair.

I'm on my way to research plain MN. Still sticking with the MSM too.

Oh yeah, one time my boss handed me his cell phone to talk to somebody and I was so embarassed when I greased up his screen. I saw him wiping it off afterwards and I could have crawled up in a corner and died. :blush: If he was a brotha he might have been a little understanding but aw man, that was sooooo embarassing.

Is it me or does anybody else feel like a grease monster lately with the warmer weather and the oil from your mix?

Yes! I am in Montgomery where the humidity is ridiculous. I had to stop using my Claudie's near my hairline because the oil was just too much. I have some MSM cream and I think I am going to use that for the time being. I think I can still use the Claudie's on my crown.

That's way I try to oil at night and cowash in the morning. I have one pillow/case designated to my nightly oil routine.

Hairsnob,
Adding sulfur powder to you mn mix might work, just try a small amount. You might also try mixing a little of the sulfur oil with it.

Or maybe cut down on the days of week you are using it.

Yes, my pillowcases have suffered too even though I wrap my head in a scarf. Good idea about using it before a wash or maybe just wear it all wash day or something. I'm gonna experiment with just the MN after this week's wash. Hopefully it won't dry out my hair.

I'm on my way to research plain MN. Still sticking with the MSM too.

Oh yeah, one time my boss handed me his cell phone to talk to somebody and I was so embarassed when I greased up his screen. I saw him wiping it off afterwards and I could have crawled up in a corner and died. :blush: If he was a brotha he might have been a little understanding but aw man, that was sooooo embarassing.

Wouldn't you have to mix MN with something to keep it from being too drying? Hmmm. I gotta research too.

And the thing with your boss' cellphone :nono: Girl! I'm embarrassed for you. Wow!!!! :blush:

Yes! I am in Montgomery where the humidity is ridiculous. I had to stop using my Claudie's near my hairline because the oil was just too much. I have some MSM cream and I think I am going to use that for the time being. I think I can still use the Claudie's on my crown.
Hmmmm... good idea to keep it away from the hairline. I saw some MSM cream in health store but wasn't sure if anybody used it. I guess what's good for the skin is good for the scalp. Thanks!

Wouldn't you have to mix MN with something to keep it from being too drying? Hmmm. I gotta research too.

And the thing with your boss' cellphone :nono: Girl! I'm embarrassed for you. Wow!!!! :blush:

You don't have to, I was using it straight from the tube when I was on it. However it went to fast so I started mixing it with my Ayurveda oil.

That's way I try to oil at night and cowash in the morning. I have one pillow/case designated to my nightly oil routine.

Hairsnob,
Adding sulfur powder to you mn mix might work, just try a small amount. You might also try mixing a little of the sulfur oil with it.

Or maybe cut down on the days of week you are using it.

I'm definitely cutting back on how often I use it. I'm going to try a small amount like you said and maybe a teeny bit of oil. I don't have sulfur oil though. And I guess it's not so bad if you co-wash the next day. I've tried co-washing but I'm not a big fan of it. Maybe I'll revisit it again now that the weather is warmer. Thanks!

This is exactly what I do in the warm months. I baggy and wrap in a scarf at night and cowash in the morning. I can't deal with the smell of sulfur no matter what scent is used to mask it.

I've been using Claudies, specifically targeting a thinning spot in my hairline and this method is working great. This is the way to go for me until it gets too cold to walk around with a wet head. At that point, I'll have to leave the sulfur products alone until I can cowash/rinse daily again.

You just reminded me of how good Sulfer is!!! :yep: I am purchasing some tonight, it grew my hair really good!!! Thanks for this thread Flowinlocks. Count me in!!!

I wanna join...i'm using the Bee Mine serum....i have a 2 oz size bottle right now....but if i reach 28 inches by July 8th....i will be buying more....i might even try BT...but i'm gonna use this lil botfle up first....i am at 27 inches right now.:D

I wanna join...i'm using the Bee Mine serum....i have a 2 oz size bottle right now....but if i reach 28 inches by July 8th....i will be buying more....i might even try BT...but i'm gonna use this lil botfle up first....i am at 27 inches right now.:D

You just reminded me of how good Sulfer is!!! :yep: I am purchasing some tonight, it grew my hair really good!!! Thanks for this thread Flowinlocks. Count me in!!!

Adding you ladies to the challenge. Welcome!!!

I would also like to join this group. I will be using the bee mine products. I just got confrimation on my order today so my bottle should be here Thursday at the latest. I will post my current length later on today. YAY!

What's in your mix?

Sorry for the delay.
I hope this helps you.

I use this on my scalp twice a week.:yep:

I use extra virgin coconut oil as a base in a 2 oz jar.
10 - 20drops of rosemary oil (to encourage growth)
10 -20 drops of peppermint oil (for tingle)
10 drops of lemongrass oil (for fragrance)
2 tbsp. of MSM powder

I also make a formulated spray and use it on my hair 2 to 3 times per day.
This is a mixture I learned about. I'm experimenting with it but don't know yet how it will result.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. :heart2:

I don't know WHY I thought our length check was tomorrow. I took a quick pic on air-dried hair today after today's cowash. My hair is at the bottom of my bra strap. I'm pretty pleased with my that but, I'm not going to post it since I have another 2 weeks to grow.

By the way, do we have to flat iron or can we stretch dried hair? I just pulled a section of my dried hair since I'm texlaxed and also in a no heat 2010 challenge.

Gotta say, I don't see me hair dried often enough since I cowash and bun. I think I will allow it to fully air dry more often. It looks fuller and makes me feel better about my hair. I've been feeling hairnorexic lately and I've been really kicking myself for having these layers. But dried, it's not so bad.

I don't know WHY I thought our length check was tomorrow. I took a quick pic on air-dried hair today after today's cowash. My hair is at the bottom of my bra strap. I'm pretty pleased with my that but, I'm not going to post it since I have another 2 weeks to grow.

Is there a special length check day? :spinning:

I would also like to join this group. I will be using the bee mine products. I just got confrimation on my order today so my bottle should be here Thursday at the latest. I will post my current length later on today. YAY!

Sorry I'm just seeing this. Adding you to the challenge. Welcome!!!

By the way, do we have to flat iron or can we stretch dried hair? I just pulled a section of my dried hair since I'm texlaxed and also in a no heat 2010 challenge.

Gotta say, I don't see me hair dried often enough since I cowash and bun. I think I will allow it to fully air dry more often. It looks fuller and makes me feel better about my hair. I've been feeling hairnorexic lately and I've been really kicking myself for having these layers. But dried, it's not so bad.

I say do whatever is the closest to your texture in your starting pic. That way you can have a more accurate comparison.:yep:

Sorry for the delay.
I hope this helps you.

I use this on my scalp twice a week.:yep:

I use extra virgin coconut oil as a base in a 2 oz jar.
10 - 20drops of rosemary oil (to encourage growth)
10 -20 drops of peppermint oil (for tingle)
10 drops of lemongrass oil (for fragrance)
2 tbsp. of MSM powder

I also make a formulated spray and use it on my hair 2 to 3 times per day.
This is a mixture I learned about. I'm experimenting with it but don't know yet how it will result.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. :heart2:

Sounds yummy, let us know how it works out.

Back