2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge 2017 -final Session - Sept To Dec.

I just got some vegan protein powder, drinking carrot juice, eating wheat germ and flaxseed/chia/hemp seed combo, eating those nasty collagen chews, drinking water, doing Oil treatments/massages.

I flat ironed my hair Thursday because I wanted to see how my new iron worked, and I ended up trimming to thicken my hairline up a bit....so I won't be straightening my hair anymore, because I don't know any better and slowing my progress down.

You said you weren't going to trim anymore.

You said you weren't going to trim anymore.
I said I didn't know any better either! lol I gotta throw my scissors away! That's the only way I will be able to get through it!
I'm terrible...
oh I was gonna tag you in the co-cleanser thread. So I had the Eden BodyWorks cowash for my DD. I decided to give it a try today just to see.. well I just rinsed it out and it seems really good so far. I'm tee shirt drying right now. My scalp is still kinda itchy though. It maybe from the oil I used earlier today. I'm not going to deep condition my hair either, since I really wanna get a good read on this stuff. I will just apply my detangling spray.
So it maybe a winner for me? I finally found one that doesn't coat and strip? I can use this if I just wanna wet my hair!

I hope so! This is comparison pic from this month. I just need to get my scissors out of my house.
The fact that you can do a comparison picture in a month is enough said. It is useless for me to do a picture before 3 or 4 months.

If you are seeing growth in 2 weeks, you will make it. But like you said you have to get rid of the scissors. All this evening out is not necessary. Reach a goal and then even it out.

The fact that you can do a comparison picture in a month is enough said. It is useless for me to do a picture before 3 or 4 months.

If you are seeing growth in 2 weeks, you will make it. But like you said you have to get rid of the scissors. All this evening out is not necessary. Reach a goal and then even it out.

Right?!??????

A comparison inside of a month?

Chile, please. You couldn't tell me NUTHIN'!

That said, shortdub, we are in agreement with you and so telling you to lose the scissors and keep the hair! :clapping: :smile:

I just gave my scissors to my friend. I will commit. It's gonna be rough, but it's only three months left, so hopefully it will be worth it!

I'm hoping these deep waveformers help me with SAFELY/HEALTHILY stretching my hair and keeping at bay the tangles, SSKs, and too-much-manipulation-via-constant-detangling.

Details about this attempt are here: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/deep-wave-curlformers-hmmmm.785891/page-5#post-24248885

If the style itself doesn't work, I will see if I can do a pretty, ends-protecting bun on stretched hair. :yep:

Aside: I think some of my family members are wondering. :look: It's a natural hair thang . . . they can't understand. :lol: I feel there is a perfectly logical reason that I look this way right now. LOL!

WP_20171001_003 1.jpg

I meant to post this back in mid September, but I'm just now getting around to it...:oops:

1. Starting pic (attached front, back, and sides ) taken Sept. 20th

2. Current Length- (check pics)

3. Regimen

I'm going to do a lazy girl regimen...
Wash whenever I feel the need :look:
Keep hair in buns/up most of the time (Wear it down a day or maaaaaaybe two a week)
Try to keep ends moisturized (Current products keep ends very moisturized but maybe a redo once every five days?)
Don't mess with my hair/leave it alone...(sometimes this is easier said than done)

4. What will you do to achieve your goal

Focus on my health!
  • Take supplements routinely (Liquid Biotin (one dose of 10,000mg), MSM (around 8,000mg/split doses), Chlorella, and Spirulina (eyeball it))
  • Exercise five days out of the week
  • Drink green smoothies daily (with protein)
  • Juice (Celery and maybe carrots again but idk...)
  • Drink tea ( At least 4 cups, I use to down it like crazy but now I'm moved on to coffee.. :( )
  • Eliminate/lower stress (meditate)

5. Anything else you would like to share.

Really just want to focus on my health and I'm not really doing this because I think I will get this much growth in four months, but just because I want to try to do all I can to be healthy and see how and if my hair flourishes as well. Wish me luck and good luck to y'all! :drunk:

Attachments

• 1A531B3B-9C2E-47E6-95CE-4F2FDD8EE9BD.jpeg
    1A531B3B-9C2E-47E6-95CE-4F2FDD8EE9BD.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 9DBD2CF7-FA8E-4C61-B499-C27047F15DDB.jpeg
    9DBD2CF7-FA8E-4C61-B499-C27047F15DDB.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DB208A72-0960-4B1B-92F7-5F1250A2C196.jpeg
    DB208A72-0960-4B1B-92F7-5F1250A2C196.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 49
  • F20F149F-0F1E-43B1-9E57-6669D2A1805B.jpeg
    F20F149F-0F1E-43B1-9E57-6669D2A1805B.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 47
  • FBDFE398-85F6-4FD7-919C-E375626A9F52.jpeg
    FBDFE398-85F6-4FD7-919C-E375626A9F52.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I meant to post this back in mid September, but I'm just now getting around to it...:oops:

3. Regimen

Keep hair in buns/up most of the time (Wear it down a day or maaaaaaybe two a week)
Try to keep ends moisturized (Current products keep ends very moisturized but maybe a redo once every five days?)
Don't mess with my hair/leave it alone...(sometimes this is easier said than done)

Focus on my health!
  • Take supplements routinely (Liquid Biotin (one dose of 10,000mg), MSM (around 8,000mg/split doses), Chlorella, and Spirulina (eyeball it))
  • Drink tea ( At least 4 cups, I use to down it like crazy but now I'm moved on to coffee.. :( )

Really just want to focus on my health and I'm not really doing this because I think I will get this much growth in four months, but just because I want to try to do all I can to be healthy and see how and if my hair flourishes as well. Wish me luck and good luck to y'all! :drunk:

Your hair is beautiful!

I've been wearing my hair in two french braids; but everyday after work I take them out. Am I defeating the purpose of protective styling (trying to retain my ends )? When I'm doing my hair every morning?

3. Regimen

Focus on my health!

OMG look at all that hair! Amazing! What's your secret girl?

OMG look at all that hair! Amazing! What's your secret girl?

lol Ain't all that sure myself :supergrin:
but looking back I think that protective styling/low manipulation definitely helped. Back in college, I remember a girl was like whoa your hair has grown a lot and my friends said the same. (I transitioned for a year then cut off my permed ends by the beginning of freshman year.) I'm like really? Girl, I saw them photos! Lol I had no clue! It's mostly because then I aaaaalways had my hair in twists (own hair) and they were up in a bun or some kinda hat or something. I was also busy with school so that took my mind off of being impatient with hair growth or anything. That paired with using heavy conditioners to moisturize and not using combs, I think is what became my "secret". I'm also suuuuuuuper gentle with my hair...I think this is a result of me being "tender headed" lol (Gentle=never lying down without a satin bonnet, not wearing knit hats without bonnets, carefully getting out knots, not wearing really tight hair styles, always clipping out knots and never pulling/breaking them off, saying sweet things about my hair to myself (it works!:yep:))

Plus then, I wasn't scissor happy! I think I've become slighty obsessed with dusting....I'm taking a break from that for now. But yeah girl, I found a go to low manip style, used heavy conditioner, and finger detangled! Hope that answer your question/helps some!:heart3:

but looking back I think that protective styling/low manipulation definitely helped. Back in college, I remember a girl was like whoa your hair has grown a lot and my friends said the same. (I transitioned for a year then cut off my permed ends by the beginning of freshman year.) I'm like really? Girl, I saw them photos! Lol I had no clue! It's mostly because then I aaaaalways had my hair in twists (own hair) and they were up in a bun or some kinda hat or something. I was also busy with school so that took my mind off of being impatient with hair growth or anything. That paired with using heavy conditioners to moisturize and not using combs, I think is what became my "secret". I'm also suuuuuuuper gentle with my hair...I think this is a result of me being "tender headed" lol (Gentle=never lying down without a satin bonnet, not wearing knit hats without bonnets, carefully getting out knots, not wearing really tight hair styles, always clipping out knots and never pulling/breaking them off, saying sweet things about my hair to myself (it works!:yep:))

Plus then, I wasn't scissor happy! I think I've become slighty obsessed with dusting....I'm taking a break from that for now. But yeah girl, I found a go to low manip style, used heavy conditioner, and finger detangled! Hope that answer your question/helps some!:heart3:

Great information and gorgeous hair to go with it!

Thank you very much for the valuable advice!

Take home messages:
1. Low manipulation/ protective styling
2. Gentle handling
3. Finger detangling
4. Constant moisture

I don't think I don't neither of these things :spinning: lol

Thank you! :heart3:

And I have to say thanks again because your moisture drenched prepoo use to be my ish!!:love: Hmmm I should go about revisiting that next wash day...where's my aloe vera at?:scratchchin:

I'm glad to hear [read] that! Thank you for letting me know that it worked for you. With Winter coming and protective style 'season' being in full effect, now would be a good as time as any to start back. I like to do it in the colder months and use the pre-poo with a hair dryer. It's too hot to do all that during summer.

By the way, I hope people who want to gain length have taken note of your regimen. It has all the hallmarks of a regimen that produces long, healthy, afro-textured hair. Also, the proof is in the pudding by simply looking at your hair and the length check photos in post # 226 of this thread!

I'm glad to hear [read] that! Thank you for letting me know that it worked for you. With Winter coming and protective style 'season' being in full effect, now would be a good as time as any to start back. I like to do it in the colder months and use the pre-poo with a hair dryer. It's too hot to do all that during summer.

By the way, I hope people who want to gain length have taken note of your regimen. It has all the hallmarks of a regimen that produces long, healthy, afro-textured hair. Also, the proof is in the pudding by simply looking at your hair and the length check photos in post # 226 of this thread!
This is the route I’m going for the rest of this month! I’m just washing, deep conditioning, detangling, blowing on cool, and pinning my hair up. I will use my light leave-in sprays for moisture and use my oil blends to seal. I will wash my hair twice a week to prevent matting and tangling, since I only comb my hair on wash days, and to keep my scalp clean and hydrated.

This is the route I’m going for the rest of this month! I’m just washing, deep conditioning, detangling, blowing on cool, and pinning my hair up. I will use my light leave-in sprays for moisture and use my oil blends to seal. I will wash my hair twice a week to prevent matting and tangling, since I only comb my hair on wash days, and to keep my scalp clean and hydrated.

@shortdub78 ,
Wait...aren't you that hair Unicorn who grows inches in less than a month, cuts her hair and still has length progress? Well, if you do the above, you'll be at armpit length by December 31st!, 2017! I put the year in the hair to make it very clear.

@shortdub78 ,
Wait...aren't you that hair Unicorn who grows inches in less than a month, cuts her hair and still has length progress? Well, if you do the above, you'll be at armpit length by December 31st!, 2017! I put the year in the hair to make it very clear.
But I do things, or try products out and it messes up my progress! Lol I don’t know how to stick to the plan! Lol

Back