2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge 2017 -final Session - Sept To Dec.

I thought we were already past that...didn’t someone do an intervention?
Yes those scissors are gone. I found an old pair and when I said old, I mean old! But I threw those away and got a nice shiny new pair!
I haven’t opened them yet. I want to straighten DD’s hair and give her a trim. She really wants a cut. Getting older wants a big girl style.

Last edited:
@guyaneseyankee I did notice the shrinkage as I rinsed out the clay but my hair was very defined as well, so I think the shrinkage is great. I still haven't rinsed out my dc so don't know if shrinkage is still there. Have you tried styling with products that will weigh your hair down for elongation? Or you could try banding, too.

@guyaneseyankee I did notice the shrinkage as I rinsed out the clay but my hair was very defined as well, so I think the shrinkage is great. I still haven't rinsed out my dc so don't know if shrinkage is still there. Have you tried styling with products that will weigh your hair down for elongation? Or you could try banding, too.
Good idea. I bought some goody bands to attempt to band but I've been lazy with my hair.
my regimen consists of "not doing my hair" I don''t style my hair.....:(
In a few days, I will attempt to cornrow my hair to put a wig on for Halloween.

Lmbo! I was getting rid of some old hair tools, accessories, and organizing my hair stuff. There was a pair at the bottom of the drawer in the back! You would have thought I found some money! Lol but I got some new ones. They are very nice. I wanted to get some that had a coating on them for style, but I noticed slight chipping on them.
I need help...
I bought the Mane Choice scissors. I like them. Much nicer than what I was using.

Good idea. I bought some goody bands to attempt to band but I've been lazy with my hair.
my regimen consists of "not doing my hair" I don''t style my hair.....:(
In a few days, I will attempt to cornrow my hair to put a wig on for Halloween.
What do you mean when you say you dont style your hair? Do you usually wear wigs? Thats what I do as a protective style.

I'm dealing with a tangling setback.

I'll go section by section and finger detangle, de-thread strand by strand, etc. It's going to take HOURS.

Thankfully I've been here before and know what to do. But still. :sad:
Do you have a rat tail comb? I would use the end to get in those knots and gently pull. I thought I was gonna have to cut my daughter’s hair off, but I watched a bunch of severe matted hair videos, used Soultanicals Knot Sauce, Wrap the hair in plastic, heat up the hair for a few mintures, the proceed. All of the other stuff I was using wasn’t working good enough, so when I got that, I was able to detangle her hair within a 16 hours.. smh

Do you have a rat tail comb? I would use the end to get in those knots and gently pull. I thought I was gonna have to cut my daughter’s hair off, but I watched a bunch of severe matted hair videos, used Soultanicals Knot Sauce, Wrap the hair in plastic, heat up the hair for a few mintures, the proceed. All of the other stuff I was using wasn’t working good enough, so when I got that, I was able to detangle her hair within a 16 hours.. smh

Very helpful, thanks. I do have one but would not have thought to use it. I will now. That should really help. Many thanks.

I use a needle. Still I feel shocked when it unravels the knot lol.
Yesterday I decided to permanently keep a needle in my bathroom, because I decided to reintroduce finger detangling.
Happy belated birthday Yvette! I hope you had a great one!

Lol! I've never used a needle. I'll have to keep one on standby!

And thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Yes, I had a really good one. Thank you! :smile:

Yup. I told the sad story in the Random Hair Thinking/Thoughts thread. In short, I stripped it via too much shampoo trying to get out fenugreek particles. My stripped hair tangles furiously. Lesson learned regarding fenugreek.

Oh Ok. Sorry to hear that but glad you are getting it under control.

@keranikki & @YvetteWithJoy what is the fenugreek supposed to do?

Well, here's what the fenugreek smoothie author says: http://lavishlynatural.com/greeksmoothie/

This is some of what she wrote (she has links to information sources at her site):

The Fenugreek Smoothie is:

1. a great detangler (it has the perfect amount of slip) on dry or wet hair
  2. requires less than 2 minutes to make (but six hours to get ready:)
  3. and it will grow your hair (with noticeable results) within 30 days
Bold claims right?

This smoothie helped stop the thinning drama at my crown COMPLETELY.

Fenugreek seeds, when applied regularly to the scalp:

1. enhances hair growth and hair re-growth
  2. preserves hair’s natural color
  3. gives hair a silky feeling
  4. adds shine and gloss
  5. softens hair
  6. treats dandruff
  7. decreases hair thinning
  8. stops hair loss

Back