2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge 2017 -final Session - Sept To Dec.

I meant to post this back in mid September, but I'm just now getting around to it...:oops:

1. Starting pic (attached front, back, and sides ) taken Sept. 20th

2. Current Length- (check pics)

3. Regimen

I'm going to do a lazy girl regimen...
Wash whenever I feel the need :look:
Keep hair in buns/up most of the time (Wear it down a day or maaaaaaybe two a week)
Try to keep ends moisturized (Current products keep ends very moisturized but maybe a redo once every five days?)
Don't mess with my hair/leave it alone...(sometimes this is easier said than done)

4. What will you do to achieve your goal

Focus on my health!
  • Take supplements routinely (Liquid Biotin (one dose of 10,000mg), MSM (around 8,000mg/split doses), Chlorella, and Spirulina (eyeball it))
  • Exercise five days out of the week
  • Drink green smoothies daily (with protein)
  • Juice (Celery and maybe carrots again but idk...)
  • Drink tea ( At least 4 cups, I use to down it like crazy but now I'm moved on to coffee.. :( )
  • Eliminate/lower stress (meditate)

5. Anything else you would like to share.

Really just want to focus on my health and I'm not really doing this because I think I will get this much growth in four months, but just because I want to try to do all I can to be healthy and see how and if my hair flourishes as well. Wish me luck and good luck to y'all! :drunk:

October Update:

The Good:
  • I'm always able to take my liquid biotin. Super easy and it tastes delicious mmm
  • Also got a renewed gym membership. Trying to go at least five days a week. Been going all last week. So far so good! 30 min + of cardio plus weight training
  • Found a Holy Mother Of..Grail product lol. I was looking through one of my ultimate hair crushes (Herlucidsky)and I decided to give one of her go to products a go...Well I didn't know but I tried the wrong one but I LOVE it! Before I got great results by pairing SM Curl Soufflé with a Coconut Conditioner by Palmers. But just by using Cantu's Coconut Curling Cream, I get aaaaaaamazing definition, no crunchiness, no oiliness or stickiness, and less shrinkage. Absolutely amazing. I was so surprised! Never thought I would be a wash n go kinda gal but it's working for me now because of shingling and this product! So happy about this :love5: Last time I've been scrunching a teeny bit of the Curling Souflee to help stretch my hair

The Ok (formerly known as "the bad"but it ain't that bad so it's ok):
  • I use to have a smoothie daily but I've been out of wack for the last two weeks or so. Hopefully I'll get on track
  • Same with MSM, I split my dose so I've usually only been remembering to take one of the two
  • Hair has been in a bun most of the time but I've been taking it down a tiiiiiiny bit more often than I would like
  • Haven't been meditating as I would like but I have been overall stress free so it probably hasn't been hurting my health or anything
  • Sleep schedule has always been out of whack but I still usually get in good hours. I think I should try to have a more set schedule so it doesn't end up affecting my health
The Uglay:
  • Chlorella and Spirulina what?? Seriously have not been taking them like I would like to ..at all -___-
  • More tea!! I use to down this stuff but I'm still tryna lower my coffee intake. Damn you Keurig *shakes angry fist*
  • Overall diet is kind of crappy...
  • The way I've been setting my hair has been causing some tangles towards the ends of my hair :/

The Amends (for next month):
  • Get back to drinking smoothies if not daily then every other day
  • Slowly start bringing tea in, slowly wean myself off of coffee at the same time
  • Make a morning habit of including MSM, Chlorella and Spirulina so I don't forget them
  • Try to have at least one very nutrient dense meal a day
  • Try a new technique with clumping/shingling my hair. Try to get the hair as separated as possible so not as to cause so many tangles. Before I would let big areas clump together but I'll try not to this time
  • Maybe start moisturizing my ends between refreshes

Gunna reset the right side of my head probably tomorrow . I wanted to do my whole head but the left side is still fine. Hoping to knock November out of the park!:trampoline:

**The smiley face picture is October and the other one is September. My hair looks longer in this month probably because it has less volume? I used different products. I do kinda like the fullness of the other picture though....but this current product combo feels like it's lower maintenance hmmm dunno

Attachments

• A8B6761F-DDFF-40AA-86DC-A82A031A25E4.jpeg
    A8B6761F-DDFF-40AA-86DC-A82A031A25E4.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 1A531B3B-9C2E-47E6-95CE-4F2FDD8EE9BD.jpeg
    1A531B3B-9C2E-47E6-95CE-4F2FDD8EE9BD.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Good Evening Ladies.

Got home about an hour ago and decided to do a 10 minute scalp massage with CP Ayurveda Growth Oil, followed by 5 minutes of inversion. My hair still feels wonderfully soft so I probably won't moisturize it tonight but will save it for after I spritz with CP Ayurveda Tea Rinse. :yep:.

October Update:

The Good:
  • I'm always able to take my liquid biotin. Super easy and it tastes delicious mmm
  • Also got a renewed gym membership. Trying to go at least five days a week. Been going all last week. So far so good! 30 min + of cardio plus weight training
  • Found a Holy Mother Of..Grail product lol. I was looking through one of my ultimate hair crushes (Herlucidsky)and I decided to give one of her go to products a go...Well I didn't know but I tried the wrong one but I LOVE it! Before I got great results by pairing SM Curl Soufflé with a Coconut Conditioner by Palmers. But just by using Cantu's Coconut Curling Cream, I get aaaaaaamazing definition, no crunchiness, no oiliness or stickiness, and less shrinkage. Absolutely amazing. I was so surprised! Never thought I would be a wash n go kinda gal but it's working for me now because of shingling and this product! So happy about this :love5: Last time I've been scrunching a teeny bit of the Curling Souflee to help stretch my hair

The Ok (formerly known as "the bad"but it ain't that bad so it's ok):
  • I use to have a smoothie daily but I've been out of wack for the last two weeks or so. Hopefully I'll get on track
  • Same with MSM, I split my dose so I've usually only been remembering to take one of the two
  • Hair has been in a bun most of the time but I've been taking it down a tiiiiiiny bit more often than I would like
  • Haven't been meditating as I would like but I have been overall stress free so it probably hasn't been hurting my health or anything
  • Sleep schedule has always been out of whack but I still usually get in good hours. I think I should try to have a more set schedule so it doesn't end up affecting my health
The Uglay:
  • Chlorella and Spirulina what?? Seriously have not been taking them like I would like to ..at all -___-
  • More tea!! I use to down this stuff but I'm still tryna lower my coffee intake. Damn you Keurig *shakes angry fist*
  • Overall diet is kind of crappy...
  • The way I've been setting my hair has been causing some tangles towards the ends of my hair :/

The Amends (for next month):
  • Get back to drinking smoothies if not daily then every other day
  • Slowly start bringing tea in, slowly wean myself off of coffee at the same time
  • Make a morning habit of including MSM, Chlorella and Spirulina so I don't forget them
  • Try to have at least one very nutrient dense meal a day
  • Try a new technique with clumping/shingling my hair. Try to get the hair as separated as possible so not as to cause so many tangles. Before I would let big areas clump together but I'll try not to this time
  • Maybe start moisturizing my ends between refreshes

Gunna reset the right side of my head probably tomorrow . I wanted to do my whole head but the left side is still fine. Hoping to knock November out of the park!:trampoline:

**The smiley face picture is October and the other one is September. My hair looks longer in this month probably because it has less volume? I used different products. I do kinda like the fullness of the other picture though....but this current product combo feels like it's lower maintenance hmmm dunno

Wow @CurlyRy. your hair is super gorgeous.

Wow @CurlyRy. your hair is super gorgeous.

Thanks @Aggie :grouphug2:!

By the way (I just saw your other post now), have you gotten good results by inverting? I tried it one time for a few days....not sure if I did the whole week or not nor did I measure -___- . I've been a bit curious about giving it another go, what was your experience with it?

Last edited:
Thanks @Aggie :grouphug2:!

By the way (I just saw your other post now), have you gotten good results by inverting? I tried it one time for a few days....not sure if I did the whole week or not nor did I measure -___- . I've been a bit curious about giving it another go, what was your experience with it?
It's the fastest growth I actually get when I invert. I took a couple months break so that my scalp does not get too accustomed to it and stop it's progress now it's time to finish the year off strong. Honestly I only know by the gray hairs coming in super fast after I color it and after inverting. I use henna or a demi-permanent coloring so that the color stays on my strands. No matter how much I cut it, it just comes back so fast. It's a practice I will keep up for sure. The scalp massage before inverting really does help speed up the growth as well.

It's the fastest growth I actually get when I invert. I took a couple months break so that my scalp does not get too accustomed to it and stop it's progress now it's time to finish the year off strong. Honestly I only know by the gray hairs coming in super fast after I color it and after inverting. I use henna or a demi-permanent coloring so that the color stays on my strands. No matter how much I cut it, it just comes back so fast. It's a practice I will keep up for sure. The scalp massage before inverting really does help speed up the growth as well.

OOOOOh well with that being said I might as well give it a go:eyebrows2: And I'm guessing you follow the same instructions that were given in the challenge on here? So you do it just for a week? I'ma also try to do the scalp massage then as well :yep:

OOOOOh well with that being said I might as well give it a go:eyebrows2: And I'm guessing you follow the same instructions that were given in the challenge on here? So you do it just for a week? I'ma also try to do the scalp massage then as well :yep:
Yes I do it for a week out of every month :yep:

I'm going to ride out the rest of the year under a lace wig. That way I can still wash and dc twice a week. I'll blow dry it and keep it braided.

Tonight I whipped up a small jar of ayurvedic oil inspired by Curly Proverbz. I used brahmi as a base with amla powder, peppermint oil and rosemary oil. My scalp is itching and I hope it's from growth.

I'm going to ride out the rest of the year under a lace wig. That way I can still wash and dc twice a week. I'll blow dry it and keep it braided.

Tonight I whipped up a small jar of ayurvedic oil inspired by Curly Proverbz. I used brahmi as a base with amla powder, peppermint oil and rosemary oil. My scalp is itching and I hope it's from growth.

@Prettymetty

I am using this oil and my scalp is itching too and I just shampooed it in the shower.

I have to figure out what to do with it tomorrow. I know I want to do something ayurvedic for sure. This method of hair care is working for me so I will keep it up for a while.

I hope I get a nice amount of growth by the end of this challenge!
Girl please. You are going to get triple digit growth by Thanksgiving :lol: Your hair is going to grow more by Thanksgiving, than my hair will grow from August through December.

I want you have a lot of growth too. I'm just saying for your hair it is a given. It's like me saying, I hope I wake up black tomorrow :look:

My hair seems to be thriving with wet bunning. I have a minimal amount of shedding and no breakage-shocking but no breakage at all! If I wasn’t such a slow grower my hair would be down to my knees by next week...LOL! I’m going to do some pre-crochet TLC this weekend and then I’m in crochets for a few weeks.

This is where my hair is at right now. It’s not bone straight, but it will do. I’m having trouble posting a pic.
Girl please. You are going to get triple digit growth by Thanksgiving :lol: Your hair is going to grow more by Thanksgiving, than my hair will grow from August through December.

I want you have a lot of growth too. I'm just saying for your hair it is a given. It's like me saying, I hope I wake up black tomorrow :look:
:lachen:

Last edited:
My hair seems to be thriving with wet bunning. I have a minimal amount of shedding and no breakage-shocking but no breakage at all! If I wasn’t such a slow grower my hair would be down to my knees by next week...LOL! I’m going to do some pre-crochet TLC this weekend and then I’m in crochets for a few weeks.

I'm envious. I'm glad it is going so well.

Are you doing your crochets yourself?

Back