14g Gelatine = Thicker Stands

Wow! Great idea Atlanta!!! And it stays like that until u drink it all? How do you flavor yours?
I get the orange flavor that tastes like Tang

Thanks for sharing AJJ. Let me ask you ladies, if the mix is allowed to harden, what are the downsides to this happening. I mean, wouldn't it be like eating jell-o? Is that so bad? I don't know, just thinking out loud.
If you make it the way I suggested it won't get hard at all. It won't even have lumps in it. It will keep in the fridge for at least 5 days.

Okay, so AtlantaJJ, your mix keeps the gelatin as a liquid drink and it doesn't harden into...Jello? If so, I"m on it.

TIA!
I just whipped up some yesterday, I'm going to get back on it. I have a 16 oz rubbermade container that I put 4 packs in and some really warm almost hot water in and shake it up, put it in the fridge. Just shake it before you pour it into your glass.

bumping....Nicole1976, how goes it?

It's going very well :grin:

Gelatine is definitely a staple for me.

I feel like my hair is strong enough to wear down more often with less damage...

I for the most part still continue to experience all the wonderful attributes I spoke of earler

* Darker Hair
* Stronger/thicker strands
* My hair seems heavier
* Shedding decrease

I also try to eat Jello whenever I can...

And I have been thinking about taking 3 capsules instead of 2.

But I dont want to over do it :look:

Solgar :grin:

I take 2 to 3 capsules a day

Hey Nicole, so ur just taking the capsules? not drinking it as well? wow!! Im running to get some if ur getting noticable results from just a couple capsules a day!! How much gelatin/ capsules? Do u order them on line?

Hey Nicole, so ur just taking the capsules? not drinking it as well? wow!! Im running to get some if ur getting noticable results from just a couple capsules a day!! How much gelatin/ capsules? Do u order them on line?

Yes Mam,

I take 2 to 3 capsules a day (I am very consistent though).

I also try to incorporate jello deserts in my daily diet...this however is not so consistent; I consider this a plus :yep:

Yes Mam,

I take 2 to 3 capsules a day (I am very consistent though).

I also try to incorporate jello deserts in my daily diet...this however is not so consistent; I consider this a plus :yep:

Thanks! I saw the brand u take on Amazon, but I couldnt find the amount of gelatin per capsule in the description. I'm not sure if all gelatin supplements by this brand come in the same amount. Where do u buy yours?

No one answered my question earlier so I'll ask you as you've used gelatin before...did it make you gain weight? I hope not.

So it took so long to get back, no I didn't gain weight. I was just taking the knox gelatin back then I was in middle school. I was very active.

I started taking GNC brand gelatin last week because of the same thread you read. I will post any results that I find either positive or negative. The only problem is that I also recently started taking MSM, hair, nail and skin vitamins and Omega Fatty acids (and have been taking biotin for the last 4 years or so). So if I wake up with WL hair next week I wont know which one did it!!! LOL

Last edited:
I'm going to start taking them today but for my nails. My nail tech suggested gelatine because my nails are thin.

I bought some Knox's gelatine weeks ago, but keep forgetting to take it!! I'm going to attempt to take it everyday this week, starting tonight.

Procrastination *is* my middle name, so I'll see how that goes. :look:

Man, I'm such a PJ, I'm really thinking about trying this :grin:. But do you think it would be waaaay to much to take gelatin if I also henna regularly?

I bought some gelatin capsules 2 days ago, after reading this thread. They're the CVS brand, so I don't know how pure/effective they are (they only have 13g of gelatin per serving), but they were only $3.25. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on this.

So far, I like them. The CVS brand pills are not too large, which means that I'm more likely to take them on the regular. If my hair really gets 45% thicker, I will fall down on my knees thanking God for this miracle. :grin:

i have been taking Puritian's Pride Hydrolyzed Collagen for the past 6 months and trust me it has thickened my hair back to where it was.

From Puritan's Pride http://www.puritan.com/collagen-512/hydrolyzed-collagen-plus-c-004596#siblings

Product #004596

HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN PLUS C (180 Tablets) Restore Strength and Flexability to Hair, Skin and Nails This 100% pure collagen protein supplement provides the major building materials for growth and maintenance of nails, hair and skin. Collagen is also an essential component of muscles, tendons, cartilage and teeth.
Buy 1 Get 2 Free Only $19.99 For 3
Buy 2 Get 4 Free Only $39.98 For 6

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 3 Tablets
Servings Per Container 60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin C 30 mg 50%
(as Ascorbyl Palmitate)

Sodium 25 mg 1%

Hydrolyzed Collagen 3,000 mg (3g) *

L-Ornithine 45 mg *

*Daily Value not established.

DIRECTIONS: For adults, take three (3) tablets twice daily on an empty stomach. As a reminder, discuss the supplements and medications you take with your health care providers.

Other Ingredients: Cellulose (Plant Origin), Dicalcium Phosphate, Croscarmellose, Silica, Vegetable Stearic Acid, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Cellulose Coating, Glycerin. Coated for ease of swallowing

I just hate that these are the biggest pills they have size wise. Between this, my Super-Biotin and Silica it has helped my hair with thickness and softness.

Does anyone remember a product called Cortexx? I believe it was made by Alberto Culver (VO5, Nexxus etc) back in 2000-2001 it had tons of gelatin in it and was marketed to stop breakage. Now that I remember this is the only product that really had me retaining like crazy. The only product that I can find that has gelatin in it is Tresemme Anti-Breakage which is made by Alberto-Culver as well. I think putting this on top of existing hair as well as taking supplements will help a great deal.

Do you guys think the 14g of Gelatine makes your existing hair thicker too or just the newgrowth?

Usually I think vitamins that increase growth and thicken hair only work on newgrowth, but the link said that if you dont take it for 6 months then all of your hair would go back to normal so idk....anyone taking them notice all of their hair getting thicker?

I also wonder how much gelatine is in one of those cups of jello.

I'd like to know too...Does anyone know?

Does anyone remember a product called Cortexx? I believe it was made by Alberto Culver (VO5, Nexxus etc) back in 2000-2001 it had tons of gelatin in it and was marketed to stop breakage. Now that I remember this is the only product that really had me retaining like crazy. The only product that I can find that has gelatin in it is Tresemme Anti-Breakage which is made by Alberto-Culver as well. I think putting this on top of existing hair as well as taking supplements will help a great deal.

Girl I think you said something rat'der, dat-a-preach..

Back