14g Gelatine = Thicker Stands

This is the kind that I use. I mix it with 4 oz. of cold water daily. Its a nice orange flavored drink.:lick: It has biotin in it.:grin: I get it in the baking aisle at the grocery store.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp78765_3...gelatine_dietary_supplement_orange_flavor.htm
300.jpg

The strawberry is good! I had a strawberry and black tea one with jelly, but my favorite so far is honeydew melon with jelly :lick: PLEASE do not try the coconut :barf:

Well you've already pointed out my two faves: The strawberry, and I love the black milk tea w/ tapioca (very simple but always satisfying). The almond milk one was also really good. I also like this one with lychee in it, though I can't think of the name. When they see me they ask if I want lychee or boba, and if I say lychee they just get started because they know the one I like. If I say boba they ask if I wank milk or strawberry. I'm kinda predictable with them now that I know what I like. Tried them all in the beginning but these are my favs. the lychee drink also has gelatin except it surrounds fruit. It's pretty darn awesome and the one I get tastes kinda like lemonade with apple lychee in it. I only get it when I want something really sweet.

So I tried bubble tea for the first time today, thanks to you ladies! I had the strawberry with Tapioca...and it was great. I will try the black milk tea and honeydew melon next.

So I tried bubble tea for the first time today, thanks to you ladies! I had the strawberry with Tapioca...and it was great. I will try the black milk tea and honeydew melon next.

I'm happy you liked it! I'm going to get one in a few minutes when my shift starts :lick:

I found another powder form of gelatin from BulkFoods.com.

Check this link out and let me know what you all think

http://www.bulkfoods.com/gelatin.htm

I guess we could all get on a serious JELLO kick and add more gelatin to our regular batches of Jello...

That Knox Gelatine for Nails looks good too!

All good alternative to popping more vits :yep:

Hi Serenity,

Here's the peice I read that mad me post this thread:

Protein
Protein is a basic ingredient in many hair shampoos and conditioners and is also the major ingredient of hair itself, which is at least ninety per cent protein. Whilst this should not necessarily be the main ingredient in your diet, its importance should not be ignored.
In controlled tests volunteers, supplementing their diets with protein in the form of 14g of gelatine daily, found it increased the thickness of individual hair strands by as much as 45 per cent in only two months.
Diet can influence both hair growth and quality and gelatine has exhibited one of the highest specific dynamic effects of any food or supplement.
Given that a strong hair is a healthy hair, the study noted that the gelatine induced increases in the diet constituted an improvement in the mechanical properties of the hair, including strength. When the volunteers stopped eating the gelatine, their hair returned to its original diameter within six months.

I think this may be another vit we LHCFer's have not given due credit :yep:

That's kind of the only thing that sucks about the results, so it's like their saying we would have to take Gelatine for the rest of our lives to maintain the thickness?

That's kind of the only thing that sucks about the results, so it's like their saying we would have to take Gelatine for the rest of our lives to maintain the thickness?

Well I think it's like everything else...we are given a choice on what we desire to have in our daily diets...for instance I like drinking Prune Juice, because it's Hight in Antioixidants and helps to keep me regular, but just as soon as I stop drinking it those benefits go away :nono:

Eat Jello!! But what is gelatin anyway? Well apparently gelatin is collagen that is taken from connective tissues, bones, organs and intestines of cows and horses. Now do you really want to eat 4 cups of jello/fruit flavored animal scrap everyday? Think about it!!

Would takng collagen give the same results?

Real gelatin is made from cow hooves (the inside of the hoof, not the hard part!)...some people eat it (i've seen it). This is why vegans don't eat jello made with gelatin, because it is an animal by-product (I'm a veggie). It's pretty much the same as skin, so it's high in protein and fat, which are really good for our hair, as we know!

This is the kind that I use. I mix it with 4 oz. of cold water daily. Its a nice orange flavored drink.:lick: It has biotin in it.:grin: I get it in the baking aisle at the grocery store.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp78765_3...gelatine_dietary_supplement_orange_flavor.htm
300.jpg

I know for certain this will make your nails grow. I didn't think of it for my hair.

[SIZE=+2]Supplement Facts[/SIZE]Serving Size:1 Envelope (11g)Servings Per Container:14
spacer.gif
Amount per Serving
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Calories Total40
spacer.gif

% Daily Value+
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sodium 30 mg 1%
spacer.gif
Total Carbohydrate 3 g1%
spacer.gif
Protein 7 g0%
spacer.gif

% Daily Value
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Vitamin C 27 mg 45%
spacer.gif
Niacin (B3) 4 mg 20%
spacer.gif
Vitamin B6 0.4 mg 20%
spacer.gif
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]* [SIZE=-2]Daily Value not established.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me to pick up some jello today! I have always loved jello since I was a child. I buy the little sugar free cups now from the grocery store, and eat it at lunch time, with my salad. I'm thinking there's some truth to gelatin helping to make hair stronger. I've always kept it in the fridge and enjoyed it as a low calorie snack; any nutritional benefits I get from the gelatin for my hair is an addded plus!

My aunt has swore by gelatin for as long as I can remember (forty yrs or more). She does it for nails and her nails are and always have been beautiful and guess what? So is her hair!

Hmmmm...

Would takng collagen give the same results?

I just added a some collagen to my wish list on vitacost.com. I'm thinking about ordering this one http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Hyaluronic-Acid-with-BioCell-Collagen-II-100-mg-240-Capsules and the gelatin I want is this one http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Gelatin or this one http://www.vitacost.com/Thompson-Hydrolyzed-Gelatin.

I must add that I am very impressed with the ingredients in and reviews of their multi vitamin here http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Synergy-Once-Daily-Multi-Vitamin-Version-3-60-Capsules. They also carry alta silica which I ordered last week. All theses viatmins work very well together.

And ladies, I must admit, I love what the fish oil here http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Mega-EFA-Omega-3-EPA-DHA is doing to my skin, nails and hair as well - it is making my hair very shiny too. Please tell me what you ladies think, thanks.

Aggie
You must knew I was going to place an order at Vitacost........now I really don't know what to get:)

Ooops, sorry honey:grin:. I want them all myself but I think I will get the hydrolyzed gelatin - 2000mg, the hyaluronic acid with Biocell Collagen in it, I will definitely be getting this to try for the first time http://www.vitacost.com/Rainbow-Light-Just-Once-Prenatal-One-Multivitamin, and I'll be repurchasing the Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Vitamins. I'll get the NSI Synergy Once Daily vitamin at a later date. The NSI Mega EFA® Omega-3 EPA & DHA - 2126 mg 240 softgels and the Alta Health Silica are staples for sure.

Ooops, sorry honey:grin:. I want them all myself but I think I will get the hydrolyzed gelatin - 2000mg, the hyaluronic acid with Biocell Collagen in it, I will definitely be getting this to try for the first time http://www.vitacost.com/Rainbow-Light-Just-Once-Prenatal-One-Multivitamin, and I'll be repurchasing the Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Vitamins. I'll get the NSI Synergy Once Daily vitamin at a later date. The NSI Mega EFA® Omega-3 EPA & DHA - 2126 mg 240 softgels and the Alta Health Silica are staples for sure.

That is crazy! I just placed an order for hyaluronic acid! Have you ordered the hyaluronic acid before?

Hello Ladies,

I have an update story for you!.

It's been about a little over a week since I have been taking 3 tablets a day and I am already starting to notice a definite difference in my strands.

Here's what I'm noticing:
  • My hair over all seems to be getting darker
  • My strands seem stronger/coarser
  • A Decrease in shedding
Gelatin tablets are definitely here to stay for me :yep:

Hello Ladies,

It's been about a little over a week since I have been taking 3 tablets a day and I am already starting to notice a definite difference in my strands.

• A Decrease in shedding

Your hair is beautiful. Thank you for posting the original article and your results. After I read the article and saw some of Br*nze's results, I decided to start the "drink your way to waistlength" challenge. The 7 wonders cocktail has a smaller amount of geletin. Now after seeing your results, I am ordering the geletin caps from vitacost. Keep us posted on your results. I'll do the same. Thanks again!

I was reading that Bernard Jensen brand is a good one. She said not all brands are good; many contain MSG.

Attachments

• geletain.jpg
    geletain.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 42
That is crazy! I just placed an order for hyaluronic acid! Have you ordered the hyaluronic acid before?
No, this will be my first time. I simply can't resist that one though because of all the great reviews about it on vitacost.com. I am really really eager to try it.

Hello Ladies,

• A Decrease in shedding

Which brand are you taking Nicole and where are you purchasing it from?

hmmm interesting..... when i was little i used to drink the jello mix after my mom added the water lol it was a texture thing! couldnt shake it lol. it was like juice to me. anyway, i was thinkin, being that im doing a low carb diet i cant do the cocktail BUT what if i mixed the wheat germ oil and eggs with the gelatin liquid as soon as it cools off in the morning... what do u guys think?

Back