14g Gelatine = Thicker Stands

I was at the store looking at a box of Jello gelatin. The problem with Jello is that I have no way of telling how much gelatin we would get per serving. At least with the Knox you know one packet is 7 grams, and according to this formula in order to reap the max benefits, you need 14 grams per day.

It seems that could get expensive with the supplement tablets because just the few that I looked at, one of them being the Vitacost NSI brand has only 1.6 mg to 2.0 mg per serving. :scratchch

The other good thing about Knox is that you get 3 grams of biotin per serving. I think I'm going to got the Knox route, I just talked myself into it! :giggle:

I was at the store looking at a box of Jello gelatin. The problem with Jello is that I have no way of telling how much gelatin we would get per serving. At least with the Knox you know one packet is 7 grams, and according to this formula in order to reap the max benefits, you need 14 grams per day.

It seems that could get expensive with the supplement tablets because just the few that I looked at, one of them being the Vitacost NSI brand has only 1.6 mg to 2.0 mg per serving. :scratchch

The other good thing about Knox is that you get 3 grams of biotin per serving. I think I'm going to got the Knox route, I just talked myself into it! :giggle:

Thanks AJJ for this very useful post. Where can I get the Knox online?

That's right you are my island sister over there... I was going to tell you to go to Publix or Kroger, oddly enough I haven't seen it at my local Walmart.

I will check a few places online, but I will be more than happy to pick some up for you and let me check on the international shipping rate, I think its reasonable.

ETA: My Publix sells it for $5.99 and they occasionally have sale where it's $4.99 per box. Each box has 14 packets, which = 1 serving each. You would need a little over 2 boxes per month for a pack a day, 4 boxes if you want do 2 packs a / which is what they recommend for 40% thicker strands of hair.

:scratchch 20% thicker would work for me :lol:

Last edited:
NutraMix for Strong Nails
spacer.gif
Say good-bye to weak, brittle nails…and say hello to NutraMix for Strong Nails! This delicious orange flavored drink mix is an excellent way to bolster the strength and vitality of your nails.* NutraMix for Strong Nails includes Vitamin C to aid in collagen formation; Biotin, which helps to promote healthy nail growth*; and Gelatine, one of the raw materials for collagen, the building blocks for strong, healthy nails.*

It looks like they may be changing their packaging, this appears to be the same product, they changed the name and the packaging

nails_prodShot.gif

Where to find Knox:

http://www.knox.com/buyknox.asp

United States:
bullet.gif
A & P Supermarkets
bullet.gif
Albertson's
bullet.gif
Amazon.com
bullet.gif
AmericaRx.com
bullet.gif
BJ’s
bullet.gif
Brooks Drug
bullet.gif
CVS/pharmacy
bullet.gif
Discount Drug Mart
bullet.gif
DrugStore.com
bullet.gif
Duane Reade
bullet.gif
Eckerd
bullet.gif
Food Lion
bullet.gif
Giant Eagle
bullet.gif
Harmon Discount
bullet.gif
HEB
bullet.gif
Ingles
bullet.gif
Kinney Drug
bullet.gif
Kmart
bullet.gif
Kroger
bullet.gif
Marc's / Expect Discounts
bullet.gif
May’s Drug Stores
bullet.gif
Meijer
bullet.gif
MED-X
bullet.gif
Pamida
bullet.gif
Path-Mark
bullet.gif
Penn Traffic
bullet.gif
Price Chopper
bullet.gif
Publix
bullet.gif
Raley’s
bullet.gif
RITE-AID
bullet.gif
Safeway
bullet.gif
Sam’s Club
bullet.gif
Shoprite Supermarkets
bullet.gif
Snyders Drug
bullet.gif
Shopko
bullet.gif
Stop & Shop
bullet.gif
Target
spacer.gif
bullet.gif
Wal-Mart
bullet.gif
Walgreens
bullet.gif
Wegmans Food Markets
bullet.gif
Winn-Dixie
and other fine stores.

International Distributors
Taiwan:

spacer.gif
bullet.gif

Shih Xin-Yi Pharmacy
147 Mintsu-W Road
Taipei, Taiwan ROC
Tel: 011-886-22-591-0787
Fax: 011-886-22-597-1738
Attn: Mr. Frank Shih

Where to find Knox:

http://www.knox.com/buyknox.asp

United States:
bullet.gif
A & P Supermarkets
bullet.gif
Albertson's
bullet.gif
Amazon.com
bullet.gif
AmericaRx.com
bullet.gif
BJ’s
bullet.gif
Brooks Drug
bullet.gif
CVS/pharmacy
bullet.gif
Discount Drug Mart
bullet.gif
DrugStore.com
bullet.gif
Duane Reade
bullet.gif
Eckerd
bullet.gif
Food Lion
bullet.gif
Giant Eagle
bullet.gif
Harmon Discount
bullet.gif
HEB
bullet.gif
Ingles
bullet.gif
Kinney Drug
bullet.gif
Kmart
bullet.gif
Kroger
bullet.gif
Marc's / Expect Discounts
bullet.gif
May’s Drug Stores
bullet.gif
Meijer
bullet.gif
MED-X
bullet.gif
Pamida
bullet.gif
Path-Mark
bullet.gif
Penn Traffic
bullet.gif
Price Chopper
bullet.gif
Publix
bullet.gif
Raley’s
bullet.gif
RITE-AID
bullet.gif
Safeway
bullet.gif
Sam’s Club
bullet.gif
Shoprite Supermarkets
bullet.gif
Snyders Drug
bullet.gif
Shopko
bullet.gif
Stop & Shop
bullet.gif
Target
spacer.gif
bullet.gif
Wal-Mart
bullet.gif
Walgreens
bullet.gif
Wegmans Food Markets
bullet.gif
Winn-Dixie
and other fine stores.

International Distributors
Taiwan:

spacer.gif
bullet.gif

Shih Xin-Yi Pharmacy
147 Mintsu-W Road
Taipei, Taiwan ROC
Tel: 011-886-22-591-0787
Fax: 011-886-22-597-1738
Attn: Mr. Frank Shih

Thanks a million AJJ.

Hello Ladies,

I have an update story for you!.

It's been about a little over a week since I have been taking 3 tablets a day and I am already starting to notice a definite difference in my strands.

Here's what I'm noticing:
  • My hair over all seems to be getting darker
  • My strands seem stronger/coarser
  • A Decrease in shedding
Gelatin tablets are definitely here to stay for me :yep:

Which brand are you taking? I'm taking Solgar.

I see I mighthave to order mine from amazon.com. I have it in my wish list for now. I am in Nebraska this minute, so I will be looking for it here before purchasing online.

bumping, bought a box of Knox unflavored gelatin, trying to get in 2 packs a day = 14 grams...will do this for 2 months, should reap major thicknezzz

Do you guys think the 14g of Gelatine makes your existing hair thicker too or just the newgrowth?

Usually I think vitamins that increase growth and thicken hair only work on newgrowth, but the link said that if you dont take it for 6 months then all of your hair would go back to normal so idk....anyone taking them notice all of their hair getting thicker?

I also wonder how much gelatine is in one of those cups of jello.

So, it seems that taking 2 envelopes per day is the most efficient way to get in 14g per day. Is there really no pill supplement that carries a larger dose? Id rather take a pill or 3 everyday rather than have to mix up some weird concotion and drink it daily, lol... just me I guess.

After reading other posts I had to look up Jello:

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/question557.htm

If you've ever eaten in a cafeteria, chances are good that your dessert options included Jell-O. There are hundreds of different desserts that use Jell-O to create everything from your basic institutional-style gelatin square to ornate designs that incorporate varied Jell-O flavors, fruit, and whipped toppings. Jell-O consists of four basic ingredients:

1. gelatin
  2. water
  3. sugar or artificial sweetener and artificial flavors
  4. food coloring
Shannon Neal/Dreamstime.com
The gelatin you eat in Jell-O comes from the collagen in cow or pig bones, hooves, and connective tissues.

The gelatin in Jell-O is what lets you transform it into all sorts of different shapes. What exactly is gelatin? Gelatin is just a processed version of a structural protein called collagen that is found in many animals, including humans. Collagen actually makes up almost a third of all the protein in the human body. It is a big, fibrous molecule that makes skin, bones, and tendons both strong and somewhat elastic. As you get older, your body makes less collagen, and individual collagen fibers become crosslinked with each other. You might experience this as stiff joints (from less flexible tendons) or wrinkles (from loss of skin elasticity).

The gelatin you eat in Jell-O comes from the collagen in cow or pig bones, hooves, and connective tissues. To make gelatin, manufacturers grind up these various parts and pre-treat them with either a strong acid or a strong base to break down cellular structures and release proteins like collagen. After pre-treatment, the resulting mixture is boiled. During this process, the large collagen protein ends up being partially broken down, and the resulting product is called gelatin. The gelatin is easily extracted because it forms a layer on the surface of the boiling mixture.
What other kinds of foods can you find gelatin in? Check out the next page.

Where can you find gelatin?

Gelatin is a common ingredient in foods because it is so versatile. It can be used as a gelling agent (as in Jell-O), as a thickener, an emulsifier, and a stabilizer. You'll find it in a variety of foods, from yogurt to chewing gum. Here is a list of some other foods that commonly contain gelatin:

• gummy bears
  • sour cream
  • cream cheese
  • cake icing and frosting
  • marshmallows
  • soups, sauces and gravies
  • canned ham and chicken
  • corned beef
  • sausage
Gelatin is even used to make the coating for pills that makes them easier to swallow. It's also in cosmetics, lozenges, and ointments.

So, it seems that taking 2 envelopes per day is the most efficient way to get in 14g per day. Is there really no pill supplement that carries a larger dose? Id rather take a pill or 3 everyday rather than have to mix up some weird concotion and drink it daily, lol... just me I guess.

I have done extensive research and still haven't found anything else that I can take with the amount of grams per serving that the Knox has in it. I'll stick with the Knox (1 pack a day) but still take the gelatin pills as recommended.

I have done extensive research and still haven't found anything else that I can take with the amount of grams per serving that the Knox has in it. I'll stick with the Knox (1 pack a day) but still take the gelatin pills as recommended.

Thanks for researching that Aggie. So are u mixing and drinking the Knox? What does it taste like? So I'm guessing your getting part of your 14g from the Knox and the rest from pills, is that right?

I drink two knox packs a day, in water. I have to drink it IMMEDIATELY as it clumps, then it's like eating, um, gummy bears? Mushy gummy bears. I'm hoping someone knows more than i do so that i can update my simple recipe.

Thanks for researching that Aggie. So are u mixing and drinking the Knox? What does it taste like? So I'm guessing your getting part of your 14g from the Knox and the rest from pills, is that right?

See BBB response for the taste, it's not bad actually and the answer to your question is yes.

BBB here, Blessed Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll, right, Aggie ;-D

The taste isn't bad, i have unflavored knox gelatin, it just clumps really quickly and i end up chewing it. :-(

I tried in oj and it was a little better, but still clump de clump clump.

My trick for making perfect Knox...

Get a container that can hold 16 or more ounces. Empty 4 packs into the container add 16 oz of warm to hot water. Shake well. Put in the fridge and allow to chill. No lumps and you have 4 servings. Works like a charm.

Get a container that can hold 16 or more ounces. Empty 4 packs into the container add 16 oz of warm to hot water. Shake well. Put in the fridge and allow to chill. No lumps and you have 4 servings. Works like a charm.

Wow! Great idea Atlanta!!! And it stays like that until u drink it all? How do you flavor yours?

Thanks for sharing AJJ. Let me ask you ladies, if the mix is allowed to harden, what are the downsides to this happening. I mean, wouldn't it be like eating jell-o? Is that so bad? I don't know, just thinking out loud.

You have to have the original jello, beef gelatin, not fruit pectin jello. IMHO, if you take Hair, Skin and Nails or a collagen capsule, you get the same results. Beef gelatin is a perfect combo of amino acids. If your vitamin supplement already contains it, you probably don't need the "jello."

I'm taking Knox, as a liquid drink. It gets clumpy really fast. I don't like drinking lumps. I didn't want to eat it as jello (hardened) I want it as a liquid.

Back