Eggs for stronger thicker shinier hair!

Wow, thanks for posting this! I remember when I was little my auntie would sometimes use eggs or mayo in my hair and I remember afterwards how strong my hair would feel. If it wasnt so hard for me to get eggs out here in Iraq I would join this challenge. Maybe after my friend that works in the DFAC returns from R&R I can get a hook up on some eggs. :) Also you hair already looks great and thanks for posting this.

Thank you & youre welcome :)

Hey there sweetie,

I actually used 1 egg mixed with my deep conditioner last night and it was wonderful. My hair is strong yet soft and there is no breakage. This will be a weekly staple for me from here on.
morehairplease, I have actually done this protein egg treatment in the past and noticed that it made my hair strong, yet dry and hard. I did not follow up with a moisturizing treatment. Be careful on how often you do it, I think it is recommended by most hair gurus to do it once every 4-6 weeks. Glad it worked out for you!:yep:

I actually mixed an egg with my Moisturizing deep conditioner last week, along with a bit of honey, jojoboa oil and 100% aloe vera juice. I sat with this mixture on for about 30 mins, rinsed and then conditioned with AM Deeeep....I was very impressed! I loved the results, soft, shiny, strong hair. It wasn't dry or brittle. I'll do this again next month.

I followed Macherie's egg treatment tutorial and it was too much protein for my hair. My hair was a hard sticky mess. I had to DC and cowash several times in order to back track what it did. I ended up re-washing and DCing with a moisturizing conditioner.

Raw eggs is A LOT of protein and should be used in severe case. That's my opinion.

My styist recommended I try egg treatments 2 weeks ago.

I did my first--1 egg w/ some VO5 condish----I couldn't believe how little my hair shed and it was really strong--but I can't say if it was due to the egg :ohwell:

b/c I still did a protein treatment w/ Aph 2 min, Porosity Control and a moisturizing DC :look: hey it was my hair treatment day lol!

I love you girls. You are all so adventurous and creative, but might I suggest looking for a product that contains egg proteins?

Phyto makes a prepoo oil that has a 12% concentration of egg yolk oil. They also have a shampoo with egg yolk oil in it too. It's the Phytonectar shampoo.

It's expensive though, like all phyto products. I does work though, I've tried it.

I've added egg to my ORS hair mayo in the past. I've also added this treatment to my daughter's hair and it eliminated her breakage instantly...

I just started using honey and beer in my hair and now I think I will be trying the egg next. My hair is braided up right now so I have a bit of time before I will be able to do an egg treatment. Natural hair care is awesome.

Bumping...
I used an egg for the first time (3 days after my touchup) and it stop my breakage immediately. My midstep protein wasn't strong enough during the process. I'm a hard core apHogee 2 min fan but this is highly recommended!

Back