1/2" growth in ONLY 4 DAYS!!!! do you believe it?

There is a human consumption version - perma guard DE I believe it is... but yes, the above is what I read too.

Yeah, i've read of some potters that have died from the silica being attached to their lungs. You can't cough it up...i make sure to put on a mask when i'm mixing dry clay...

I don't know about this... I'm a ceramic artist and whenever i see something with Silicon Dioxide on it's label, it's the same thing as the silica i use for my glaze calculations and clay body formation.

Silica is glass. So it's like a person is ingesting glass. I would think that it would be abrasive to the organs.

From what I read it has a very very small amount of Silicon Dioxide and mostly the kind of silica that's good for hair (whatever the name of that is). But IDK? I need to do more research.

It sounds like the main thing (for hair) in DE is the silica. If u google it, silica does help with healthy hair. IMO, just take silica supplements, but if u want the detox effects as well, then u can use the DE.

'k. So I read and for the record, I do NOT believe the growth claim :nono: and based on what I've read, I am not willing to try DE :nono:, even if it gave 12" in a week.

Yeah, I said it. And I don't think there's anything wrong with saying so. Really, why would ANYone try to persuade otherwise or make anyone feel bad for saying that they don't believe it or won't be using it or vice versa? I'm not judging anyone who does use it. By all means, go 'head. I wish you perfect health and long lucious lengths (and remember to post pics because I LOVE seeing long lucious lengths). But, uh, having considered the information submitted fully... :nono: Nah. I'm good.

Silca, Iunknow; I would liken that to asbestos (known carcinogen). There are not too many things that are small/grainy that are good for you.

There's a reason that it is not advocated that talcum powder be used; linked to reproductive cancers and upper resipiratory cancers.

Nah, I'll pass

The thought of a whole worm coming out of me makes me want to faint. Sounds like a good internal cleanser though I do not believe the growth claim either.

Eating silica? Some people seem bound and determined to cause more problems than less. Silica bead face gels are hard on the skin, what makes you think it'll be any softer on your digestive track (which you cannot just go in and slap a bandaid on when it starts bleeding)?

It looks like that woman created the account in October 2009 and that post was created in that same month. Smells fishy to me. I don't understand how anybody would take her advice when they don't even know her. Did she even post pictures? If she didn't then those girls are suckers (sorry if I offended anybody LOL)

Yes! and even Pics are not going to tell the whole story! :nono:

my ggoodness, not everyone carry worms. I've cleansed my system a couple of times and never came across any. But for real though, an inch in 4 days...everybody gotta have a claim for fast growth. I'd believe it when y'all get on here and post results. But on the real...yeah right!

Last edited:
So even if DE really does not cause this extreme fast hair growth... do yall think it would be worth it for its other benefits. Here is just some of what I read, I don't know how true it is.

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php

**Diatomaceous Earth is not actually an "earth" but it is the fossilized remains of microscopic shells created by one celled plants called DIATOMS.**

Diatomaceous Earth is 84% Silicon Dioxide (Silica) There is no life without Silica !!

Lower High Blood Pressure!
Of the thousands of people that are using Diatomaceous Earth, everyone that has high blood pressure has reported that it has gone down. It has been so thrilling to talk to people all over the United States and have them tell their stories. I am not just talking a few points---I am talking about LIFE-CHANGING numbers. Doctors are amazed--customers are amazed---You will be too.

Lower high Cholesterol!
Just as Diatomaceous Earth has been lowering blood pressure--it has also been lowering cholesterol!!. I have not talked with one person that has high cholesterol that has not had lower numbers after taking Diatomaceous Earth. Most are reporting 40-60 points lower after only 2 weeks on DE. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it works!
Just recieved this feedback from a user:
"I have been on DE for 6 months now and I just had my lab work done. My triglycerides have been reduced from 495 down to 203. I have so much more energy and my hair and nails are growing so much better. My husband has had High Blood Pressure and since being on the dirt, his BP is now in the normal range. It has also helped with my varicose veins and I no longer have any pain from them.."
Rhonda from Louisiana

Natural Weight Loss!
We have been getting hundreds of reports from all over the United States that DE is helping people lose weight. Everyone is saying that DE taken in the morning helps curb their appetite throughout the day. Just one more reason to take it everyday!!
Nature's Internal Cosmetic!

In Europe and Asia Diatomaceous Earth is used extensively as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. They have no FDA.
Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glucosaminoglycane, the collagen will make us look younger. Silica helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, callouses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores.
If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look. A good silica supplementation program works far better than other products for maintaining healthier and longer lasting collagen.
Hair That Grows!

Hair is natures greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.
Teeth and Gums!

By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Silica effectively fights ulceration and the decay of bones,teeth and also lessens inflammation.
Tough As Nails!
Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.
The restorative effects of silica will be most noticeable on your hair, skin, nails and teeth. Our skin and hair require silica essentially for the same purpose as do other tissues. As we know, the supporting collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that quality to silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep.
More Benefits!

• Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good
  • Silica fades age spots
  • Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
  • Diatomaceous earth has a negative charge and bacteria has a positive charge. It is believed that diatomaceous earth sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in it's honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
  • Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
  • It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
  • Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause
  • Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
  • Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
  • The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
  • Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
  • In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
  • Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
  • The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
  • Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
  • Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
  • Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
  • Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
  • Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart's key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
  • Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
  • By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
  • Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
  • Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimers disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.

if i want silica, i'll just take some bamboo supplements

what if i went store hoppin' for it, and can't even say it right? dye-uh-toe-MAY-shus? is that right?

If DE is basically silica, I can understand *some* boost in growth. Silica can be good for you... but in the proper amounts. If you look at your vitamin/supplement labels, silica is often listed on there as an inactive/inert ingredient. It's in Vitamins for the Hair I know for sure, and in lots of other supplements too.

If it's in a pill you are less likely to be breathing it in. I dunno about grabbing a sack of loose grainy DE from the garden center and mixing it into a smoothie or whatever, as you are likely dosing your lungs with it in the process :drowning:

So even if DE really does not cause this extreme fast hair growth... do yall think it would be worth it for its other benefits. Here is just some of what I read, I don't know how true it is.

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php

**Diatomaceous Earth is not actually an "earth" but it is the fossilized remains of microscopic shells created by one celled plants called DIATOMS.**

Diatomaceous Earth is 84% Silicon Dioxide (Silica) There is no life without Silica !!

Lower High Blood Pressure!
Of the thousands of people that are using Diatomaceous Earth, everyone that has high blood pressure has reported that it has gone down. It has been so thrilling to talk to people all over the United States and have them tell their stories. I am not just talking a few points---I am talking about LIFE-CHANGING numbers. Doctors are amazed--customers are amazed---You will be too.

Lower high Cholesterol!
Just as Diatomaceous Earth has been lowering blood pressure--it has also been lowering cholesterol!!. I have not talked with one person that has high cholesterol that has not had lower numbers after taking Diatomaceous Earth. Most are reporting 40-60 points lower after only 2 weeks on DE. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it works!
Just recieved this feedback from a user:
"I have been on DE for 6 months now and I just had my lab work done. My triglycerides have been reduced from 495 down to 203. I have so much more energy and my hair and nails are growing so much better. My husband has had High Blood Pressure and since being on the dirt, his BP is now in the normal range. It has also helped with my varicose veins and I no longer have any pain from them.."
Rhonda from Louisiana

Natural Weight Loss!
We have been getting hundreds of reports from all over the United States that DE is helping people lose weight. Everyone is saying that DE taken in the morning helps curb their appetite throughout the day. Just one more reason to take it everyday!!
Nature's Internal Cosmetic!

In Europe and Asia Diatomaceous Earth is used extensively as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. They have no FDA.
Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glucosaminoglycane, the collagen will make us look younger. Silica helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, callouses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores.
If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look. A good silica supplementation program works far better than other products for maintaining healthier and longer lasting collagen.
Hair That Grows!

Hair is natures greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.
Teeth and Gums!

By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Silica effectively fights ulceration and the decay of bones,teeth and also lessens inflammation.
Tough As Nails!
Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.
The restorative effects of silica will be most noticeable on your hair, skin, nails and teeth. Our skin and hair require silica essentially for the same purpose as do other tissues. As we know, the supporting collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that quality to silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep.
More Benefits!

• Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good
  • Silica fades age spots
  • Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
  • Diatomaceous earth has a negative charge and bacteria has a positive charge. It is believed that diatomaceous earth sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in it's honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
  • Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
  • It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
  • Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause
  • Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
  • Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
  • The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
  • Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
  • In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
  • Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
  • The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
  • Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
  • Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
  • Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
  • Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
  • Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart's key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
  • Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
  • By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
  • Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
  • Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimers disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.

Personally, I agree with a previous poster who said there are other ways to get the health and hair benefits. I'm not desperate* enough to try ANYthing for health or hair. (*And I know "desperate" is an inflammatory term but it fits. Please no one take offense as it's not suggesting you MUST be desperate, just that I would HAVE to be. kwim?). I'm all for natural systems detox but just not THIS one. But again, I don't just and am more than willing to support anyone that does try this. And I would love it if they share their experiences and hair pics. HHG, ladies!

Oh, and since you've asked us, which way are you leaning, Pink? :sunshine:

I wasn't going to post on this because I didn't want to get dumped on as some freak. I used DE and can attest to its effectiveness: hair growth and weight loss. I'm out.

Personally, I agree with a previous poster who said there are other ways to get the health and hair benefits. I'm not desperate* enough to try ANYthing for health or hair. (*And I know "desperate" is an inflammatory term but it fits. Please no one take offense as it's not suggesting you MUST be desperate, just that I would HAVE to be. kwim?). I'm all for natural systems detox but just not THIS one. But again, I don't just and am more than willing to support anyone that does try this. And I would love it if they share their experiences and hair pics. HHG, ladies!

Oh, and since you've asked us, which way are you leaning, Pink? :sunshine:

I walk on the wild side...so I might give it a try. (Keyword "might" still IDK).

my ggoodness, not everyone carry worms. I've cleansed my system a couple of times and never came across any. But for real though, an inch in 4 days...everybody gotta have a claim for fast growth. I'd believe it when y'all get on here and post results. But on the real...yeah right!

True not everyone carries worms/parasites...however, a large percentage (don't know the exact figure) of the population's digestive system contains these things due to our diet. A person could have worms/parasites in their system for years and be TOTALLY unaware.

Last edited:
It's possible she could have gotten that growth. But it may be all she gets within that month. Did she say she saw another 1/2", 4 days later? Otherwise that would be average growth. There have been times when I did a length check and a few days later my hair was longer. Keep us posted.

Really, tell me your experience please? (dosage, side-effects, benefits, etc.)

Does it taste nasty? Do you take it with juice or water?
I put a heaping tablespoon in some orange juice and just drink it down.... it doesn't taste like anything, really and I wouldn't even know it was in there if didn't put it in myself. I haven't noticed any bad side effects at all. I have been doing it for about a week or so. I don't measure my hair, but I do know it is growing. :yep:

I actually posted in that thread on that other board, but I no longer participate there.

Back