1 Full Inch of Growth in only 30 days!

I'm not anemic. I wash and conditioner twice a week and I use Palmer's olive oil for moisturizer. I also take maxi-hair vitamins. I tried the protein shake and MN and it didn't work. I even use the BT and it didn't work but gave me scales and dandruff.

Did you try Nioxin Vits and hair care products?

I'm not anemic. I wash and conditioner twice a week and I use Palmer's olive oil for moisturizer. I also take maxi-hair vitamins. I tried the protein shake and MN and it didn't work. I even use the BT and it didn't work but gave me scales and dandruff.
what products do u use to wash and condition with? whts are the 1st 5 ingredients in Palmers Olive oil? how long did u ingest protein shakes? do u exercise? have u tried MT/ MTG? im sorry for asking so many questions....are u natural/relaxed?

Re: *PICS ADDED*: 1 Full Inch of Growth in only 30 days! PICS ADDED

Hey ladies, I'm creating a 30 day challenge to obtain one inch of growth. I'm frustratingly close to APL :wallbash: and will be ending a 16-week stretch in exactly one month. I want to squeeze out as much growth as possible between now and then, WHO'S WITH ME?

I even created a chart to document my regimen so that if I am successful, I will know EXACTLY what got me there.

Daily Goals:
-100 oz water
-100 grams protein
-2000-3000mg fish oil
-Egg Shake (one daily): 1 scoop protein powder, 1 egg, 1 tsp flaxseed oil
-2000-3000mg Biotin daily
-Super B Complex (one daily)
-MegaTek (applied to scalp and massaged once daily)
-Exercise daily (strive for 30-60 minutes)
-continue with my no-heat reggie (just buns and twistouts)
-cowash once or twice weekly, shampoo/DC once weekly, moisturize daily when twisting or bunning.

I'll edit this post and add my starting pic of wet hair after co-washing tonight. I'm PUMPED! I think I could really do this if I stay consistent!

So Come on ladies! Who wants to be 1" longer in 30 days?

Challengers:
Afrolinda
AVE_One
growinstrong
cmw45
divinerae
Mis007
a_shoe_6307
Aspire
Chocokitty
GANicole
angelgrl135
Prettylonghair

Post your reggies/goals/starting pics....

My Starting Pics (Taken 9-2):

after washing (12 weeks post):
wethair9-1.jpg

blowdried:
3blowdried9-2.jpg

2blowdried9-2.jpg

44blowdried9-2.jpg

Flat-ironed: (if you can see my mole (under left shoulder), it is exactly at the APL point (how convenient!) My goal is to have my hair fully past this mole by the end of the year.

6straight9-2.jpg

1straight9-2.jpg

44straight9-2.jpg

2straight9-2.jpg

CHALLENGERS POST YOUR STARTING PICS!

If anyone wants to follow my reggie, pm me with your email address and I'll send you a Word Doc of the chart I created. It's very handy dandy :yep:

when are guys starting?
if one cant take biotin due to cystic acne breakouts, what other vitamin is a good alternative?

what products do u use to wash and condition with? whts are the 1st 5 ingredients in Palmers Olive oil? how long did u ingest protein shakes? do u exercise? have u tried MT/ MTG? im sorry for asking so many questions....are u natural/relaxed?

I use the Suave Humectant shampoo and conditioner. The Palmer's olive oil moisturizer has simple ingredients canola oil, virgin olive oil, vitamin e, dimethicone, and keratin (protein). I only took the shakes for one month. I don't know what is MT/MTG. Is it that sulfur oil that is made for horses? Also, I'm a natural. I don't mind the questions, I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

OK - I am so out of this. I was doing fine until I committed to this challenge. Now am I dong nothing that I did previously. I guess accountability is not good thing for me :lachen::lachen:

When are we doing the final check? I"m pretty sure I already got my inch.

I guess you can post your inch in 30 days as soon as that month is up--since I think everyone started at a different time; or you could wait to post your 12 inches in one year. So feel free to show us an update any time. ;)

OK guys I couldn't even commit to my own challenge! :laugh:

However, it did cause me to be a lot more consistent with my vitamins. I've also been massaging my scalp every other night with Black n Bossie hair oil spiked with peppermint and rosemary. I think I may have achieved my inch! I will definitely post comparison pics tonight :supergrin:

thanks to whoever bumped this thread!!!

However, it did cause me to be a lot more consistent with my vitamins. I've also been massaging my scalp every other night with Black n Bossie hair oil spiked with peppermint and rosemary. I think I may have achieved my inch! I will definitely post comparison pics tonight :supergrin:

Well at least you were honest and didn't fly in here with bogus pics...lol

I'm doing a similar challenge but with 60grams of protein. I just started.

..Cant wait for the pics!!

I would like to try this because I'm trying to make mid back and waist length in Dec. LOL But I don't have the protein. I just joined a gym so this may work. When I signed up they were pushing protein on me, I might give it a second thought.

aw, thats ashame you didnt stick to it..

but atleast you still got your inch!!!

your welcome..i bumped the thread:drunk:

What are you guys doing for exercise? Cardio or fat burn? Are you using weights too?

As far as hair growth is concerned, cardio i think is the key (extra blood flow to the scalp). But I'm trying to get smaller and shape up so I also do weights.

aw, thats ashame you didnt stick to it..

but atleast you still got your inch!!!

your welcome..i bumped the thread:drunk:

I know girl, aint it sad? :laugh:

I guess I didn't realize how much work was involved, it was QUITE ambitious looking back on it :ohwell:

But I seem to have found a regimen that works for me, and my hair is thriving, so I'm good :yep:

I agree with the above poster, maybe we should re-visit this challenge. I might be a bit more motivated by December to really gain that inch before my next relaxer in January. I realllllllllly just wanna be APL already!!!

-co was 1-2x per week
-Deep condition 2 x week w/ steam
-MN every night
-Excercise 5x per week
-Proteint shake daily
-Mulitivit,Maca,Biotin Daily
-Moisturize and seal 2x per day

hey all!

I started late b/c I had to wait on my MT and other supplies. My start date was 9/11
I stuck to the protein and water religiously
Stuck with the MT and scalp massages a little
and only exercised twice (i know y'all. sad)

BUT- I still got an inch!!! until you posted this, Barbie, I had forgotton all about the time a couple years ago when I remembered protein made my hair shoot out of my head! (exercise has a similar effect for me, too bad I didnt do it)

My problem is that I took my "before" pics from a back view and when I took the "after" pics, you can tell its grown a teeeny bit but you can't see the full inch and I'm staying away from flat ironing my roots til the end of the year, so y'all are going to have to just take my word for it-haha

anywho, I'm new here so I guess it's a lesson learned. I will now be taking pics from root and back angles to cover all the bases. If I don't get a sew-in next weekend I'll be repeating this process and will have "official photographic documentation" :-)

wethair9-1.jpg
wethair10-16.jpg

1st pic taken 9-1, second pic taken tonight. (I know, that's six weeks :rolleyes:)
I can only compare wet pics since I'm on a personal no-heat challenge. The comparison pics are very subtle, but IRL I feel like I've gained a lot of length in the past few weeks. I had a perm at the end of September and my edges are already looking wild thick and raggedy. Good sign! :supergrin:

Any other ladies see results?

Back