You know you have a KING when....

When he puts you first!

When he does those little things for you without you having to ask...

When he does everything to make sure you have what you need.

when he knows that Lauryn Hill is your favorite artist and surprises you with tickets to go to her concert and a limo to take you there.

Last edited:
Even when he is having a bad day, he wants to make sure you are happy.

he loves you at your worst

he encourages you to do your best even when you don't think you can.

this!!! and even if your acting like a brat he just shrugs it off and give you your space until you come back to reality

He understands the little things count

Tells you you're beautiful first thing in the morning (with no hidden agenda)

Sees to it that you're taken care of (regardless of your "independent woman" stance)

Can hold an intellectually engaging conversation/debate one moment, and kid around with you the next

Can take constructive criticism/ looks to be a better man, while still being himself

Comes to surprise you when you're feeling your lowest towards the end of your finals

Last edited:
When you mess up your pants from aunt flo and he doesn't make you feel embarrassed at all. Instead he comforts you and gives you his shirt to put on since ya'll are out in public.

Story from HS... I was soooo humiliated, but he made me feel so at ease... come to think of it, all of my KING stories would be from this same person.

When he leaves work early to come and take care of his sick QUEEN...then offers to drive to the opposite side of town to get one of her favorite things to eat.

I'm laying in bed sick right now...just cheesin:grin:

When he sends me roses at work.

When he randomly mails me cards with money in them (long distance).

When he refers to me as his 'lil chocolate high'.

When listens to me whine about my boss for 2 hours and says he understands.

When he lays behind me and kisses the back of my neck.

When I gained 40 lbs. he said he didn't care how big I got I was beautiful, and that he even buy me slip on shoes.

When I am hateful and moody and he still calls me the next day to tell me to wish me a wonderful day.

True stories...

Last edited:
When you are sick one weekend, he comes and brings your favorite corny movies AND watches them and gets whatever drinks/food you can tolerate.

When your car needs repair, he does it (if possible) or lets you use his other car until yours is ready.

When he leaves work early to pick up my car across town and takes it for a smog check and registration AND fills up the tank before delivering it back to me at work.

*~* On Mother's Day he was also thought about my mother. :Rose:
*~* He takes the time out of his busy schedule to spend time with me. :love3:
*~* He is happy making me happy. :yep:
*~* He tells me how much he loves my hair. :cloud9:
*~* He is always looking out for my best interest. :giveheart:
*~* He talks about God and discuss scripture with me. :pray:

Extremely thoughtful and considerate... you mention something to him once and he surprises you with it. I casually mentioned I like spas and my friend went and searched out several spas in the city, visited one he knew I'd like and bought me their most expensive pkg w/o expecting anything at allll in return.

When he anticipates all of your needs and is protective of you. You never have to ask him to do the things he should do.

You can read each other's thoughts just by looking at one another.

Will spend his last penny on a gift he knows you really want simply b/c you want it. Far from selfish.

When it's your 10th anniversary and the delivery man brings you flowers, and says, wait, I'll be back, there's more...You end up with 10 beautiful bouquets of flowers celebrating 10 years.

You're stressed about something and he strongly suggests you go get a pedicure because he knows that always calms & relaxes you, then he also gives you the cash to pay for it.

When you admire something pretty, he pretends to not notice, then surprises you with it later. When he always gives you cards that make you cry. When he proudly holds your hand in public. When he checks the children when they've gotten out hand and says you need to apologize to your mother. When lovemaking is not done until you are done.

He does what he has to do, even when it's not what he wants to do, without complaint.

He knows that a "real man" demonstrates this to others through his actions, not his words.

When he hands you some money to take yourself shopping.

When he spends more time than I do choosing a birthday, Christmas or Valentines day gift.

When you feel like a beached whale after gaining over 50 pounds from pregnancy and he tells you everyday you are beautiful and still can't keep his hands off you.

When he's a darn good cook.

When you try to play fight with him and he overpowers you by picking you up and tickling you.

When he goes to Sonic to buy a bag of ice (pregnancy craving) on his motorcycle and half way back home the bag of ice goes flying off the bike and he turns around to go get another bag.

When he "acts" like he's mad, (but you see him smirking) because other men are checking you out.

When he helps you take out 3 month old braids and he doesn't run for the hills.

When he gets upset at you for getting mad at your mother, even though she's ugly to him.

...you're sick with the flu during finals week and all your roommates have already gone home and it's the middle of a really bad snowstorm and your man (who doesn't have a car) walks to the grocery store (did i mention a really bad snowstorm) to buy you medicine and the ingredients to make you the chicken soft tacos that you're craving and after he cooks them, you take ONE bite and are instantly full..... and he doesn't get mad....

*sigh*... i miss him....

When he tutors you in math over the phone and doesn't vet frustrated with you. And then je drives up the next morning because he knows you didn't get it.

When he remembers to call you because the Knicks lost the series and he knows how upset you really are. My father did this one.

When he texts something sweet every morning. For example, good morning! I hope your day is as beautiful as you are. I love you

Sent from my MyTouch 4g

Back