Would you wait for a man in jail?

Aviah

This isn't a real situation, at least not for me.
I know there are many variables that could be considered so let's make a few hypothetical scenarios:

Number 1: Ex- high school bad boy who has been affiliated with some of his still bad-boy friends. Gets locked up for being guilty by association, even though he doesn't hang out with them anymore. However those in the neighborhood (where his old friends decided to carry out the crime) still associate him with them, and their crimes. They do a house raid and the victim states him as one of the felons. He was at home that night with his mother, which isn't a sufficient alibi. (This was actually a true story for a family member of someone I know, I don't remember how much time he got).

Number 2: Same scenario, but he was part of the raid and gets locked up.

Number 3: Same scenario, but you meet and start a relationship with him after he commits this crime (though it was years ago) and claims to have changed (and you know about his past). The case was unresolved but recent evidence re-opens the case and he is convicted.

Number 4: One of his old friends is mad that he left their group/ gang and raids his own home claiming it was said guy, at a time where he knew he would not be able to provide sufficient alibi. He pays other people to say they were witnesses and frames him. He is convicted.

** I know all of these may not be entirely realistic, but its just to get an idea of how people would react**

Would you wait for a man in any of these four scenarios? If so, how long?

Last edited:
NO. two things go on in prison. either ur phuckin or ur gettin phucked. i ain't writin no lettas, puttin money on da comp, accepting collect calls, none of that.

:lachen::lachen:
Did you HAVE to be the first one to answer?:lachen:
I was trying to wait for other responses before I posted, but your responses always kill me :lachen:

I should have added a poll...

Last edited:
I just pray I choose my husband wisely and don't have to worry about a situation like jail. My friend dated someone who spent a year in prision for a drug crime, and it was pretty terrible. He was young, couldn't get financial aid for school, and had a really hard time finding employment. Very stressful.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

No. I don't care if he is innocent, life is too short to be waiting for someone in prison. I doubt very much any man would be waiting for me if I was imprisoned........................

:nono: :nono: Nope. If the tables were turned, he wouldn't be waiting for me. I can be your "ride or die chick" or whatever you want to call it, but you ain't ridin' anywhere if your in jail so....NO. :lol:

TJG, I knew that would be your answer before I saw your reply. You aint neva lied though.

ThickHair - how did u know chile lololol..u know momma don't do bids. no sir. :nono: its too time consumin and i ain't got dat much love for'em. i don't knock it cuz women do it all da time.

women be gettin up early in da mawnin to catch dat van to ride 5+ hours to see those bamas. sittin on da van eatin deviled eggs n some cold fried chicken they done cooked da night before.

and will step out the house dressed to kill with the latest knock off jeans, hair, jewelry, u name it that they done got from Mustafa, who gotta stand set up in front of the chinese carry out. (yall know who i'm tawkin bout..da dude dat got every fake Louie, Coochie, Coach bag, pack of socks, hats, t shirts).

then they gotta stand on line, wait for their name to be called, pat down, etc. and soon as u get home, they be callin u collect askin u to three way cuz'n pookie n rayray from down da street. writin letters with misspelled words, and at da bottom of the letter, they write "p.s. send me a pic of you"..

git da phuck. if they were out on da street, do u think they would give u that much attention? do u think they would be writin u letters n blowin up ur phone. phuck no. cuz half of'em can't write. they usually get someone else to write their letters. were they checkin for you before they got locked up. NO.

see what i'm sayin....

(eta: to PAGirl)

^^^ Why a doctor or a lawyer though? They could get a 'booty check' in prison too ya know.
(Maybe if they were in a 'Club Fed' prison, but other than that, uh-uh)

ThatJerseyGirl said:
they be callin u collect askin u to three way cuz'n pookie n rayray from down da street.

Wha? :blush:

Last edited:
Interesting responses... Welp, I feel sorry for old dude if he didn't do it and got time, then his woman leaves him- especially if he was framed.

Last edited:
The only way I would wait for a man is under the following circumstance:

-he was my husband and the reason he is doing time is because he killed a **** for trying to cause harm to me or my children. That's it. Any other reason and he is SOL.

No to all situations. Any smart adult knows that you are guilty by association. Dude needs to choose better friends.

No.
A man cannot do nothing for me from inside prison.
A guy from my secondary school is in prison and a I bumped in to him on road for the first time in years. I exchanged numbers with him and later on he told me he is in jail, he wasn't gonna tell me before but I ask loads of questions. He was still trying to get me to link him and I'm like NO. I'm not gonna lower myself to go out with a dude who is in prison, I deserve better.

:nono: :nono: Nope. If the tables were turned, he wouldn't be waiting for me. I can be your "ride or die chick" or whatever you want to call it, but you ain't ridin' anywhere if your in jail so....NO. :lol:

:lol: So true to the ride or die part.

*Reads OP* If that ain't some hood **** :lol:

No.

I actually thought this as I was posting it.:lachen:

For my personal response just the word jail puts a spanner in the works. Not to mention I just do not like drama. On top of this, even if you went in for a few months, your employee prospects are pretty much SHOT after that- what could you build with him? For the above situations, I don't think so. Like another poster said, if he was locked up for defending me and/or kids then that's different. The only other circumstance would be if we were together a long time/ married etc and he never had any guilty associations or past convictions and it was a case akin to some of those old school down south racist situations where they just filled the gap with a black face. But really though... how often does that happen these days :rolleyes:

Seems in the media its more common than on LHCF! As for me I'm good without it.

Last edited:
NO. He chose to sacrifice his freedom. If I feed into it, I would be sacrificing part of my freedom. Not happening-ever.

@ThickHair - how did u know chile lololol..u know momma don't do bids. no sir. :nono: its too time consumin and i ain't got dat much love for'em. i don't knock it cuz women do it all da time.

women be gettin up early in da mawnin to catch dat van to ride 5+ hours to see those bamas. sittin on da van eatin deviled eggs n some cold fried chicken they done cooked da night before.

and will step out the house dressed to kill with the latest knock off jeans, hair, jewelry, u name it that they done got from Mustafa, who gotta stand set up in front of the chinese carry out. (yall know who i'm tawkin bout..da dude dat got every fake Louie, Coochie, Coach bag, pack of socks, hats, t shirts).

then they gotta stand on line, wait for their name to be called, pat down, etc. and soon as u get home, they be callin u collect askin u to three way cuz'n pookie n rayray from down da street. writin letters with misspelled words, and at da bottom of the letter, they write "p.s. send me a pic of you"..

git da phuck. if they were out on da street, do u think they would give u that much attention? do u think they would be writin u letters n blowin up ur phone. phuck no. cuz half of'em can't write. they usually get someone else to write their letters. were they checkin for you before they got locked up. NO.

see what i'm sayin....

And then after you've done all that, when they get out, they take up some OTHER chick!

Naw, I'm good. I'd be the one in jail next if a negro did that mess to me. And I'm too cute to go to jail. :lol:

No :nono:

There are plenty of good men who aren't in prison, so why should I settle for a man who is in prison? He could very well be a good guy, but he's obviously not making smart decisions because he's hanging out with shady people. A smart person would know that hanging around the wrong people can and will get you in trouble.

Last edited:
I tell all men that I am NOT a "ride or die" chick. I have no issues with denying your collect calls and telling you how the judge broke us up.

Sent from my Desire HD using Long Hair Care Forum App

I tell all men that I am NOT a "ride or die" chick. I have no issues with denying your collect calls and telling you how the judge broke us up.

Sent from my Desire HD using Long Hair Care Forum App

Not only will I not answer your collect calls, but if you do something wrong and they ask me, I will tell on you.

(eta: to PAGirl)

^^^ Why a doctor or a lawyer though? They could get a 'booty check' in prison too ya know.
(Maybe if they were in a 'Club Fed' prison, but other than that, uh-uh)

Wha? :blush:

You mind me asking how his profession would change the dynamics of the situation?

I was just playing lol.....

If I really loved him though or thought he was innocent I might wait

Back