Would you teach a Class on Natural Hair Care in your Community??

Would you teach a Class on African American Natural Hair Care in Your community

• Yes!! We need it.

Votes: 74 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just finished watching the Trya and got mad when I heard of girls saying they don't like their hair. I got to thinking about how I felt a couple of weeks ago when I went on TV and was concerned about being natural. However, I got many compliments and others began going natural.

So I decided that I would call my local community group and teach a class to help women deal with their children's natural hair. The guy on the phone said we NEED you asap to get it started!
I got to thinking and wondered if you would ever do a class on natural hair care in your community so that our baby girls wont have to suffer with perms and messed up hair!!!!

I said it will be called how to Groom African American Natural Hair... if anyone has any other suggestions for a name let me know. The first thing I will tell them is to throw away that little small comb. With the fee they will get a big tooth comb and shea butter. This should give them a good start.
What a great idea because I get people coming up to me all the time to help them with their child's hair because they don't know what to do with it and their hair looks like mine...but, just dry.

One day I was in the BSS for 1 hour helping this woman and her husband with suggestions of what to do with her child hair. I felt so bad because they both looked so desperate, and it was her husband who pointed me out to her, because of my hair.

Hmmmmm....I can teach a class at the local H.S. or college. Thanks for the tip!

Hey Everyone!!! I wanted to give ya'll an update. I met with the director of the community center today and he said I can start the classes in December.
Wait there is more... He asked if I could speak to the girls every week to help them get their self-esteem up about their hair. He told me many of them are burning their hair and doing everything bad with their hair.

Also he said that because there is a need and they have money available that he can list me as an instructor and pay me from their budget. Woo Hoo!!!!! I'm so happy I said the first thing I will buy them all is big wide tooth combs.

Anyone know where I can get some bulk wide tooth combs???
Girl...that's some extra 'mad money' if I say so myself:lachen:

What a great idea because I get people coming up to me all the time to help them with their child's hair because they don't know what to do with it and their hair looks like mine...but, just dry.

One day I was in the BSS for 1 hour helping this woman and her husband with suggestions of what to do with her child hair. I felt so bad because they both looked so desperate, and it was her husband who pointed me out to her, because of my hair.

Hmmmmm....I can teach a class at the local H.S. or college. Thanks for the tip!

Everytime I go in Sallys I get grabbed or someone comes up behind me asking who does my hair before I leave out of there I am being begged to do their hair. They will pay me whatever I ask. I live in So. OC and their are not that many AA stylist is south OC. :ohwell:

Soo many heads of hair sooo little time to fix and or help!!!

Everytime I go in Sallys I get grabbed or someone comes up behind me asking who does my hair before I leave out of there I am being begged to do their hair. They will pay me whatever I ask. I live in So. OC and their are not that many AA stylist is south OC. :ohwell:

Soo many heads of hair sooo little time to fix and or help!!!
:lachen::lachen: I love it! I'm so glad that you are being asked to help them....do it, do it, do it, do it!!!

Back