Would You Return The Engagement Ring?

FemmeFatale

So say you got engaged and the relationship didn't work out..Would you return the engagement ring?

Oh and the ring is 2.5 ct stunner worth about $25K.

I'd give it back only if he asked for it back. If he made no mention of me returning it then neither would I.

I gave both of my rings back...well, I gave one back and the other I threw out the window infront of him

It depends on how it ended. If I am walking away, then I would give it back....I do not want to end up in court over a ring. LOL.

However, if he cheats/breaks off/fails to meet his side of the engagement "conditions", then its my right hand ring or pawned for a cute little David Yurman number and the remaining cash for my savings. LOL.

If he broke it off, I would keep it. If it was a family ring regardless if he or I broke it off, I would return it. If I broke it off, I would return it.

When the man bought the ring whose name is on the birth certificate of the diamond? If it's his and he has all the paperwork then legally it's his.

Mine was worth that much so I returned. I hope he sold it and made a payment towards the house he bought us. :-/

Back