Would you move to another state with your.....boyfriend?

Oh hell naw. :nono:

Egggg-zactly.:lachen:

Truthfully, even if I were married I would have a stash bank account. Maybe I've been watching "Waiting to Exhale" to many times but stuff like that happens, even when you are not married.

This one guy proposed to my friend, then turned around and told her, "You think somebody is going to marry yo crazy arse. Don't nobody wanna marry you.":nono:

See some of you are actually thinking about this logically. I know women, who've gone and move to another state with no job, hardly no money and are just depending on their "man" for everything. I just can't get down with that and am the type of woman to be like, "Why do we have to move to another city and do all these big things before you marry me?" I mean, obviously if we are monogamous and thinking of moving we would have been dating for some time, at least 8-9 months, just marry me now for goodness sakes. Yeah, being that marriage is the aim of me and most of my friends while in a relationship, that is why most of them moved. I'm 22, it's not like I am getting any younger.:lachen:

:lol: oh okay, i guess i just took your question and ran with it :lachen:

well yeah, in cases like that where women are moving strictly and strategically in hopes of getting that ring......well that could spell unwanted trouble and heartache :nono:. Difference has been duly noted ;)

I would, but that's only because I really don't have any obligations here. I'm looking forward to moving to a new state anyway, so if we did end up breaking up it wouldn't be like I'd be stuck in a state I don't want to be in or something. Just an unpleasant living situation for a few months.

As far as following him around hoping he'll marry me, nah.

Understood. But I am talking about women following a man everywhere in hopes of him proposing or one day settling down with her. Women with the aim of getting married who think if they will do this, somehow the man will come to his senses.

Now, if marriage isn't your aim then of course it wouldn't matter. But I've had too many friends do this and end up breaking up with the guy with nothing to come back with. I mean, they've gained nothing but experience, and I truly can't even say they've gained that.:look:

Who's to say which woman is following a man everywhere in hopes of him proposing or which one is just going with the timing, the man, the move and seeing where it all leads? If we are talking about grown women who know how to take care of themselves and have no problem doing so or are just plain SMART about their decisions when they make them.

I mean EVERY move in life should involve some 'common sense' Nothing is wrong with protecting yourself while doing something that's risky. Cluelessness is the cause of women letting a man throw themselves off course and bring them down.

Bottom line though...the beauty of everyone having their own lives is being free to make their own life choices in all of their unique life experiences. I still say at the end of the day, "F what they think"

I did it. We had not discussed marriage when I moved. But we got married about four months later. That was nine years ago yesterday.

I was never a fan of it personally, but I do now.
We're discussing possible plans to move forward as well.
There was a lot behind the story and events that led up to it, but to be honest, if those events hadn't happened, I would probably have stayed where I was.

Who's to say which woman is following a man everywhere in hopes of him proposing or which one is just going with the timing, the man, the move and seeing where it all leads? If we are talking about grown women who know how to take care of themselves and have no problem doing so or are just plain SMART about their decisions when they make them.

I mean EVERY move in life should involve some 'common sense' Nothing is wrong with protecting yourself while doing something that's risky. Cluelessness is the cause of women letting a man throw themselves off course and bring them down.

Bottom line though...the beauty of everyone having their own lives is being free to make their own life choices in all of their unique life experiences. I still say at the end of the day, "F what they think"

I think, I am sure you misunderstood me. I am speaking from what I've saw. Of course not all women are like this but I question why a woman would move to another state thinking that is going to land a ring on her finger. Me personally, I say my peace to my friends and leave it at that. It still doesn't make sense to me.:nono:

I just did this. Me and my SO have been together for a loooooong time and we have a child together so I didn't even hesitate.

When we met he lived in a different state, after two years he moved to be with me...so we agreed when I finished college I would go where ever he wanted. I graudated in Dec. and we bought a house across the country and moved in Feb.

I did and it worked for me.

We had been dating a year and a half and hadn't talked of marriage. It wasn't even totally agreed that we would live together when we moved until we saw that we literally could not afford to live apart. We got married 2 and a half years later and have been married six years.

I cannot say I would recommend it for everyone...it depends on the situation.

I did and it worked for me.

We had been dating a year and a half and hadn't talked of marriage. It wasn't even totally agreed that we would live together when we moved until we saw that we literally could not afford to live apart. We got married 2 and a half years later and have been married six years.

I cannot say I would recommend it for everyone...it depends on the situation.

WOW..this was our situation also...

So glad it worked for US!:drunk:

WOW..this was our situation also...

So glad it worked for US!:drunk:

Good for you...and me too:grin: sometimes life puts you in the place you need to be.

DH and I were so pathetic when we were long distance dating. We couldn't function without each other...like two lost puppies. It was so bad for the few months that we were apart our parents actually encouraged us to move to be together :spinning:

Egggg-zactly.:lachen:

Truthfully, even if I were married I would have a stash bank account. Maybe I've been watching "Waiting to Exhale" to many times but stuff like that happens, even when you are not married.

This one guy proposed to my friend, then turned around and told her, "You think somebody is going to marry yo crazy arse. Don't nobody wanna marry you.":nono:
Umm, what? That is crazy? So, he proposed to her just to appease her but didn't plan on marrying her?

I did and I don't regret it. In fact when people ask why did I move here I tell them " Because of a man, God used him to get me to where He wanted me, the man is long gone but I'm in my right place" and I leave it at that.

I was so ready to leave NYC becasue I didn't want to raise my son in the city so it was a right move for me.

I didnt move which is why Im sitting over here on a Friday night bored to death, single, and growing cob webs. :cry4:

YES I would! My SO did it for me... We were LD 2 yrs, and decided one of us neede to move. He lived in Michigan, so we figured him moving to Cali was more practical than visa verse. We're planing to move again because Cali aint doing right. Who knows where, we may be married by then we may not be....I guess we'll wait and see! Come on people live a little. Take a walk on the wild side..:lachen:That's what I been trying to tell my momma (she's a youthful 56) but she aint trying to hear me. If I was 56 and single, I'd be in France with some 30 year old man...maybe a few men who knows!

YES I would! My SO did it for me... We were LD 2 yrs, and decided one of us neede to move. He lived in Michigan, so we figured him moving to Cali was more practical than visa verse. We're planing to move again because Cali aint doing right. Who knows where, we may be married by then we may not be....I guess we'll wait and see! Come on people live a little. Take a walk on the wild side..:lachen:That's what I been trying to tell my momma (she's a youthful 56) but she aint trying to hear me. If I was 56 and single, I'd be in France with some 30 year old man...maybe a few men who knows!

Um, easy to say, harder to do. I mean, I ain't necessarily pressed but :trampolin:kiss2: but then again, I am. I see people talking about they have been married since they were 18-19, got kids and stuff.

I have considered this...but after reading this thread...I dont I will ever do it. You ladies are right..I have to be great enough for you to marry first. Then atleast I know if you wanna play the fool it is legally documented, and I'mma get paid off his dumn ***

Back