WL 2011

Y'all are crazy. I just can't believe I'm in a WL Challenge...PERIOD. When I first joined LHCF, my ultimate goal was BSL (which is about 2 inches above my bra band). Now it's WL. And will probably change to HL once I reach WL.

I was looking at some pics the other day and I saw one that I took in my very first half wig. At the time my hair was a little past my shoulders (where it had been most of my life). I remember putting on that APL wig thinking, "Dang, look at how long it is. My hair will be this long one day." And now I'm MBL (okay, I'm claiming it now :lol:). I'm just thankful for LHCF!! ((tear))

Y'all are crazy. I just can't believe I'm in a WL Challenge...PERIOD. When I first joined LHCF, my ultimate goal was BSL (which is about 2 inches above my bra band). Now it's WL. And will probably change to HL once I reach WL.

I was looking at some pics the other day and I saw one that I took in my very first half wig. At the time my hair was a little past my shoulders (where it had been most of my life). I remember putting on that APL wig thinking, "Dang, look at how long it is. My hair will be this long one day." And now I'm MBL (okay, I'm claiming it now :lol:). I'm just thankful for LHCF!! ((tear))

i hear ya, Ms_Twana!

when i first got here, i thought APL would be long, now here i am in a WL challenge, too!

what really cracks me up is that once we get there, we might just want to grow it to the floor!:lachen:personally, i'd love to see the faces of all the folks who think black hair can't grow long when they see us walking around with hair down to there!:grin:

i hear ya, Ms_Twana!

when i first got here, i thought APL would be long, now here i am in a WL challenge, too!

what really cracks me up is that once we get there, we might just want to grow it to the floor!:lachen:personally, i'd love to see the faces of all the folks who think black hair can't grow long when they see us walking around with hair down to there!:grin:

They'd be like, "Girl, is that Indian Remy?" :lachen:

Welcome to the new challengers!!! I will be adding names this weekend.

A little update.....I'm enjoying my blunt ends and shorter length but can't wait to get back to MBL and on to WL. I'm bunning it up and plan to do so until December. Of course I will be alternately my bun location to alleviate stress in any one location.

I'm really excited you all are excited about this journey ladies and with attitudes like that we will be swanging our WL hair soon enough!!! :rocker:

I can't wait to swing my WL hair too! LOL! You all are so inspirational and hillarious! I'm loving this challenge already!

Well, i neglected to measure and now I'm doing my version of the southern tease bun this week as a PS...I cannot believe that I am in the WL challenge...If I can truly get to MBL by the end of the year, I know that WL is in my near future! I'm so excited!

:lachen: I'd be like, "Naw girl. It's this new line called Out the Scalp!" :lol:

:lachen: LOL!

See but if they ask me is that Remy hair, I'd go in a serious voice, Why Yes it is Remy hair how did you know? :D

I am actually LOVING my Chin Length Remy hair right now!

HE Long Term Relationship! I tried it for the first time today - AMAZING! My hair feels like SILK! I didn't cowash with it, I used it as a leave-in. I wonder how amazing of a cowash it will be....but I really love my Tresemme Naturals, so it can weight on that. I also tried another new product in place of my other styling stuff: L'Oreal Out of Bed Texturizing Gel-Cream. It sorta reminded me of the Tigi Curls Rock, except not drying and my hair feels sooooo soft!. I sealed with olive oil, put my hair in a ponytail, tied down the front with a scarf, an blotted the ponytail with a microfiber towel. My hair feels, yes again AMAZING! I am gonna try coupling these 3 things together for the rest of the week to see if its a fluke or if I have found a simpler combo to replace my old ones. And it was SOOO much quicker: cowashed and styled in 20 minutes flat (including regular showering)

^^^ how did you apply he ltr as a use in, i.e. how much and did you mix it with something like oil first?

thanks!

Here's my update:
IMG_1014.jpg

Check out my thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=488222

And I have more pic on my Fotki:
http://public.fotki.com/mEmYSELFaNDj/june-31st-2010/

ok so ....the ltr is better as a leave-in. i stopped using the l'oreal texture cream because its too hard to cowash out. the ltr leaves residue with my curl activator gel so thats a no-no. but as a cowash, greatness. and the smell lingers which i LOVE because it smells so good.

oh, and i didn't mix it with anything. just used it straight up.

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in! I have been reading through the posts and am so excited. I am hoping and praying to be....

1.BSL by September 30, 2010
2. MBL by March 31, 2011
3. WL by June 30, 2011

Last edited:
^^lol No I still need like 2 or 3 inches, and a good trim, I dont know where that will leave me. But hey the sooner the better. You're the one who wont need to wait until 2011, I remember seeing some of your hairs touching WL already. Dont try and play me Ms_Twana lol

^^lol No I still need like 2 or 3 inches, and a good trim, I dont know where that will leave me. But hey the sooner the better. You're the one who wont need to wait until 2011, I remember seeing some of your hairs touching WL already. Dont try and play me Ms_Twana lol

:lachen: Girl please. You may have seen A hair BARELY touching WL. You'll DEFINITELY be there before me!!! :yep:

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in! I have been reading through the posts and am so excited. I am hoping and praying to be....

1.BSL by September 31, 2010
2. MBL by March 31, 2010
3. WL by June 31, 2010

Do you mean March 2011 ( 2010 passed)
September 30th 2010 & June 30th, 2011 (there are only 30 days :) )

Or are you saying you want to be lengths like Yesterday! :D

Last edited:
also checking in:

i have been twisting and refreshing them with quick conditioner rinses
i re-twist every four to five days
using a aloe vera/jojoba/kinky curly mix leave-in that i pinched from k-tube
plus bi-weekly henna treatments...

thanks!

Now u know u can't sneak up in here and not leave some tips, hints or something ta get us hyped :nono: :spank:

Your hair is just too fierce for u to not share the wealth (of knowledge!!) :grin:

Exubah if you spank our visitors they might not return! :giggle:

Hey ladies. Straightened my hair for the first time the other day, since I began my transition 13 months ago. Did a roller set and lightly flat ironed. Been enjoying my transition, and since it's been straightened, it's been so nice to finally feel like my hair is getting kinda long lol. Didn't really feel that way until now. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a sew in this weekend or keep enjoying my own hair for a little bit.

Exubah could you plz add me to the list..I'll be doing the crown and glory method from here until the end of next year and juicing every day.

Back