WL 2011

Ok since this is for 2011, guess u can count me in...it may be a stretch but hey i have a year and a half to make it

For now…

-Protective styling (I’m good with wet buns).
-Co-wash twice weekly.
-DC at least once or twice a week.
-Very little heat/Air dry or Cool blow dry (when rushing).
-Massage scalp with JBCO 2x a week.
-Moisturize and seal at night.
-Wet baggy ends at night.
-Texlax every 12 weeks/Trim when needed.

My Favorite Oils:
EFAGold Coconut Oil (Extra Virgin Organic)
EVOO
Eden Foods Organic Safflower Oil
JBCO

Hello Ladies, I'm rocking a wet bun today. I smothered it with CHI keratin mist leave-in(protein, porosity control), Wave Nouveau daily humectant moisturizing lotion, and EVCO. : )

Well, I will be relaxing tomorrow or Saturday, God willing. My photographer (little rugrat cousin!) is out of town and will not be back until August so I will have to get him to take photos then.

Picture time! My last relaxer was on Monday, July 5th, 2010. I'm APL. :grin:

My regimen consists of shampooing → conditioning → blowdrying after every wash. I do not moisturize, oil, grease, etc. since this is what works for me. I plan to drink water regularly, up my vitamin intake, protect my hair every night, and maybe add some S-curl to my edges and ends the day before I plan to wash my hair.

I will be posting pics after every relaxer depending if I see a significant amount of growth or not.

Waist Length by Saturday, December 31st, 2011! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Picture time! My last relaxer was on Monday, July 5th, 2010. I'm APL. :grin:

My regimen consists of shampooing → conditioning → blowdrying after every wash. I do not moisturize, oil, grease, etc. since this is what works for me. I plan to drink water regularly, up my vitamin intake, protect my hair every night, and maybe add some S-curl to my edges and ends the day before I plan to wash my hair.

I will be posting pics after every relaxer depending if I see a significant amount of growth or not.

Waist Length by Saturday, December 31st, 2010! :thumbsup:

Beautiful hair:lick:....did you mean 2011?:spinning:

ETA: Yup, you did because December 31st 2010 is a Friday lol

Add me too :meme:
I, too am in the MBL challenge. I will reach by the end of the year. Hopeully a little past, so that I can start with blunt MB ends. I never had a desire to be WL, BUT I think it will be fun to see how far my hair will grow.

I'm about 4.5 inches away from WL, so should be there by my goal of next May, just before my 2 year hair anniversary next June. :)

I am 8 inches away as of July 11, 2010. I've been thinking if this goal is realistic or not. I've only been tracking my hair growth for a couple of months and I've retained 2 inches, so like an inch/month.

I have been taking Nouritress Plus Hair Vitamins, chlorella and spirulina consistently throughout that time.

See attached progress pics. First pic was taken May 26 but I relaxed on May 8 and counted May 8 as my start date in calculating growth. The second pic was taken July 11 and I relaxed on July 10th and July 10th was my end date in calculating growth.

I don't know if an inch/month can be achieved all year long. I could be experiencing a summer growth spurt but I'm not sure. Time will tell. However, I do reside in Arizona and summer lasts beyond August. LOL!

Furthermore, if I had average growth for the next 18 months at 0.5/inch a month that would be nine inches and I would have to retain at least 8 out of that 9 to make WL!

Well I guess it's doable now, RETENTION is the KEY! Sorry for the Mathematical thinking and Analysis out loud!

HHG!

Attachments

• 05_26_2010_HHJ.jpg
    05_26_2010_HHJ.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 07_11_2010_HHJ.jpg
    07_11_2010_HHJ.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 18
So I did state that my WL goal is December '10 but since I'm transitioning, I may have to do a bit of cutting at my next straightening. I don't really know how my breakage has been effecting me. I posted my progress pic in the WL '10 thread but I'll post it here as well. I can't wait to straighten in the fall!!!

Attachments

• July17.JPG
    July17.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 61
  • July-17.JPG
    July-17.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 62
So I did state that my WL goal is December '10 but since I'm transitioning, I may have to do a bit of cutting at my next straightening. I don't really know how my breakage has been effecting me. I posted my progress pic in the WL '10 thread but I'll post it here as well. I can't wait to straighten in the fall!!!

You are ssssooooo close!!!

I think I'll hit WL this December, but I want FULL WL, so I'm in.
ETA: I haven't fully decided on my complete regimen yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't change much from last year. I'll post it later, closer to the start date with my starting pictures.

Last edited:
I'm in! I will be straightening my hair this week for my bi-annual length check, so I'll post a pic later this week.

i have no idea how many inches it will take to make WL by the end of 2011, i just know that it seems far!

but i'm glad to be here with you ladies!

OMG, i'm getting hairnorexia already!
i permed almost 3 weeks ago and the ng is already starting to "lift" my hair from where it was, so it's looking shorter by the day!
yikes!
ya see why i don't want to measure how many inches i've got until WL?!

I want to join!! I am a layered APL, and i need ABOUT 6in or so to hit WL:grin:
I have recently discovered some breakage at my hair line area..that has always, and i do mean ALWAYS been a week spot for me! I have to fine some stuff that is good for breakage & shedding.

But yeah anyway i hope to be WL by December 2011! My most ULTIMATE goal is TBL or HL:lick:

What I am doing to reach my goal is:

• Protective Styling - beehive briads 4 weeks on and 2 weeks loose
  • Deep condition every 4 weeks with protein/moisture
  • Spray moisture 2-3 times a week on my hair under my lacefronts/wigs
  • keep my hands outta my hair!
  • relax same every 4 months
  • only trim every other month and the week before my relaxer with the split ender
  • Enjoy my hair!

Back