WL 2011

Hi Ladies ..

I'm new to LHCF although I've been lurking for quite a while.

I'd like to join the challenge my longest layer is BSL and WL is about 5 in away. Hopefully having a short torso will work out for me :yep:

Now u know u can't sneak up in here and not leave some tips, hints or something ta get us hyped :nono: :spank:

Your hair is just too fierce for u to not share the wealth (of knowledge!!) :grin:

Exubah if you spank our visitors they might not return! :giggle:

........:lachen:....FUNNYNESS!!!!:grin:

Well...ladies just know that getting to waist length is NOT impossible. I know from personal experience that the APL-BSL lengths are usually the hardest to overcome.....what helped me was to simply keep my ends protected and up and out of the way whether that meant bun it up or clip it up.:yep:

Also....especially in the really cold months deep conditioning more than once a week also helped me keep my ends moisturized and soft.....and if you're experiencing crunchy ends it may be time to use a clarifying shampoo.

Now.....can we stop spanking me??...:rofl:

Do you mean March 2011 ( 2010 passed)
September 30th 2010 & June 30th, 2011 (there are only 30 days :) )

Or are you saying you want to be lengths like Yesterday! :D

Yesterday would be even better, but yeah I meant 2011, oops :grin: I will go back and fix that :drunk:

Checking in:

I have burns from my last relaxer that are driving me crazy which makes it hard for them to heal. I washed my hair yesterday with Motions Neutralizing Shampoo and conditioned with HE HH, HE LTR, and EVOO - my hair smells yummy. :lick: No longer wrapping my hair for a while, I would like to give my edges a long, overdue break. Now it's a twisted bun protected with a net that creates nice waves in the morning, I have to remember to be careful with my ends though. :look:

ETA: Also trying to remember to take my vitamins as much as possible.

Last edited:
This newbie needs a wetbun intervention. I can rollerset with my eyes closed (really, been doing it myself for over 15 years) but this wetbun thing is not my forte. :nono: I only wetbun during the week and rollerset EVERY weekend so I guess I can look crazy at work for a while. My layers are making it difficult to smooth out right. :ohwell:

Ok enough venting, my hair is thriving and growing overall. I am happy.

HHG!

EDIT: UPDATE AFTER LUNCH! WENT TO SALLY'S AND BOUGHT SOME HAWAIIAN SILKY 14 N 1! I redid my bun in the bathroom at work with my new juice and VOILA! Nice juicy bun! The juice was the missing link.

Last edited:
What is that, a spray leave in?

Love love your hair BTW!

Here's details about it:
  • Helps stop itching and dandruff
  • Cools and soothes the scalp to help heal abrasions
  • Helps hair stay soft
  • Looks fresh all day
  • Non-greasy
An excellent product for protecting and maintaining your hairstyle. This versatile product can be used as a curl activator and moisturizer on natural curls and perm waved hair and a leave-in conditioner for relaxed, natural and braided hair. This non-greasy, non-staining formula helps to soften and detangle hair while soothing the scalp and healing abrasions leaving a vibrant sheen.

I'm relaxed and when I took my bun down last nite, I had lots of body in it still despite all the "juice" I put in it. See pic attached of bottle

Attachments

• hs14n1.jpg
    hs14n1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 15
Love love your hair BTW!

Here's details about it:
  • Helps stop itching and dandruff
  • Cools and soothes the scalp to help heal abrasions
  • Helps hair stay soft
  • Looks fresh all day
  • Non-greasy
An excellent product for protecting and maintaining your hairstyle. This versatile product can be used as a curl activator and moisturizer on natural curls and perm waved hair and a leave-in conditioner for relaxed, natural and braided hair. This non-greasy, non-staining formula helps to soften and detangle hair while soothing the scalp and healing abrasions leaving a vibrant sheen.

I'm relaxed and when I took my bun down last nite, I had lots of body in it still despite all the "juice" I put in it. See pic attached of bottle

I have never heard of this product. I might try it on mine and my daughters hair. Thanks for the info.

My hair is still braided under my Delia Wig :) I will moisturize tonight and spray some Chi Keratin mist on it when I get in from football tonight. I don't like my hair wet under my wig. :)

I washed my wig last night, it was so dirty it is amazing how dirty it does get in less than a week. :look:

@JJamiah

I would LOVE to learn how to use wigs and half wigs as my protective style. I'll keep researching and watching youtube videos until I'm confident enough.

You have some very nice looking wigs there I might add. I'll get there one day!

Be blessed!

@JJamiah

I would LOVE to learn how to use wigs and half wigs as my protective style. I'll keep researching and watching youtube videos until I'm confident enough.

You have some very nice looking wigs there I might add. I'll get there one day!

Be blessed!

Thanks so much Bebe, It is such a great PS. I love the beehive braids for under them it really makes them flatter and more realistic.

If you have any questions I am definitely hair (lol) here :D

Have a blessed day.

Thanks so much Bebe, It is such a great PS. I love the beehive braids for under them it really makes them flatter and more realistic.

If you have any questions I am definitely hair (lol) here :D

Have a blessed day.

Girl are you sure! I am full of questions. Thanks so much for being hair for me! and I will definitely take you up on that offer.

I'd like to join. I still have a long way to go unfortunately. Last time I straightened about a month ago, my hair hair was a little below APL. I have about 4-5 inches to BSL, 7-8 to MBL, and about 11 to WL.

Being 5'10 with a long torso really doesn't help with this whole hair growing journey. From APL-WL is almost a whole foot of hair.:nono::wallbash:

My hair grew about an inch and a half last month (I'd never measured before that) so hopefully that stays consistent and isn't just a summer thing.

I'll post starting pictures the beginning of next week.

My shortest layer (crown) has grown sooooo much this summer!!! I was barely SL at the start of the year but i'm already full apl and it looks like BSB is definitely happening by this December....:yep::yep::yep:

The Cathy Howse regimen has worked better than expected:grin::grin:....

I'm washing my hair this evening...I don't know if it's because I'm officially a member of all of these challenges but my need to do a length check is serious...But, I'm maintaining...I'm attempting a rollerset tonight!

I haven't done anything special to my hair lately. Just trying to keep up a simple reggie. It is hot and I am still wearing a pony, but without a bun. I just bought a bottle of Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Hydrating Mist and I am using that to mist and keep my hair moist. I like it so far. Anyway, I can't wait for 2011 to be here, so I can de done with MBL and officially moving on the waist length.

Today made 3 weeks since I got my extension braids and It's taking everything in me not to take them out. I have so much ng. I am only 7 weeks post so I have to push these braids for another 3 weeks then start over with a new set. I'm aiming for a 24 wk stretch.

I will continue to wash and deep con every Sat. Beginning this Sat I'll wash with Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair and use the keratin reconstructor - in prepartion for taking down braids in a couple of weeks.
Moisture Daily
Sulu/Bee Mine mix every night
JBCO every morning.

The good thing about braids is that I dont have to worry about my hair getting to oily and weighted down so I can go hard with my oils.

Have a blessed day all!

Hello everyone :hiya2:Doing good! I am keeping my hair hidden as keeping it in a bun seems to really help it grow. I posted pictures somewhere in my profile and am having a heck of a time figuring out how to post them here. Last check I was right at bsl. Can't wait for wl!

Nikkigirl, how is that mist working for you? I am looking for something to keep my daughters hair more hydrated.

Hello everyone :hiya2:Doing good! I am keeping my hair hidden as keeping it in a bun seems to really help it grow. I posted pictures somewhere in my profile and am having a heck of a time figuring out how to post them here. Last check I was right at bsl. Can't wait for wl!

Nikkigirl, how is that mist working for you? I am looking for something to keep my daughters hair more hydrated.

I am really liking it and the great thing is that it seems to reactivate whatever leave-in I already have on my hair. I hate piling leave-in on top of leave-in to keep my hair hydrated because it leaves my hair with lots of build-up and then I end up co-washing all the time. You should try it and it wasn't expensive. It was under ten dollars, but it is light, I wouldn't use it in place of a leave-in moisturizer, just to refresh. :grin:

I am really liking it and the great thing is that it seems to reactivate whatever leave-in I already have on my hair. I hate piling leave-in on top of leave-in to keep my hair hydrated because it leaves my hair with lots of build-up and then I end up co-washing all the time. You should try it and it wasn't expensive. It was under ten dollars, but it is light, I wouldn't use it in place of a leave-in moisturizer, just to refresh. :grin:

I haven't been using a leave in on her hair, but I probably should. We moved to Colorado from DFW almost two years ago now and the dry air is hard on the hair. It's been harder on her hair than mine as her hair is super dry. I am struggling keeping her hair moisturized. She decided she wanted to be natural too and the very back of her hair broke of at the evil line lol. My hair did the same thing but it recovered pretty quickly, hers hasn't. She doesn't want me to cut it yet so I've been trying to keep her hair up so hopefully it can start growing and I won't have to cut so much as she transitions.

This was so off topic! Sorry ladies :)

Back