WL 2011

I'm joining this challenge! I trimmed my hair a few months ago (from MBL back to BSL) and just realized this past weekend that my hair is back at MBL, so my goal is to hit WL sometime this year. I plan to get a drastic cut at some point this year for fun (by drastic, I mean no shorter than collarbone or APL length haha), but I'm going to try to make WL first.

I'm going to continue with my reggie of wearing buns and braid/twistouts mostly. I flat iron about once a month. And I will continue to henna once a month.

Happy growing ladies!

Quote from 01/07/11
Today I measure my hair (I usually measure while wet with my braids in) and now i have 7 inches to go before reaching WL. When i last measured in september I had about 9 inches to go. I hope to reach bsl by july (fingers crossed)

Update- I measured my hair last wed (3/9) and I have 6 inches to go until WL

JJamiah thank u! Im trying to do everything so I can meet this goal (then I can move on over and spend more time in the fitness and skin sections lol)

Seems like some great progress is going on.............CONGRATS!!!!

I am just checking in as I am horrible about that. I read but I don't write lol. Anyway, just doing a quick look last night lots of hairs are at WL when stretched, unstretched it seems like I have 3 inches left! I'm saying Go God :)

Wow, Carisa, I just measured my hair and I have 6 inches to go until waistlength, too.

I am gonna focus on retaining all this hair. I can't wait for my hair to be longer than it's ever been. I have about 3 more inches until i reach that mark.

I'm excited.

You guys are a great group to grow with. :grouphug2:

Quote from 01/07/11

Update- I measured my hair last wed (3/9) and I have 6 inches to go until WL

Last edited:
JJamiah, i totally believe you. I almost feel like pinning my hair up for the entire year, just to ensure that I meet my goal, LOL. I'm joking but kinda serious.

It may take just this to push me into wigging it up for the first time!
I abhor wigs.
On me.
I was discussing this with my cuzin', - that I could braid-up and don a lace front china doll wig for summer. Maybe with highlights...that way i wouldn't have to deal with reversion and such, and retain some growth while i'm at it.

Whatda ya'll think?

@JJamiah, i totally believe you. I almost feel like pinning my hair up for the entire year, just to ensure that I meet my goal, LOL. I'm joking but kinda serious.

I abhor wigs.
On me.
I was discussing this with my cuzin', - that I could braid-up and don a lace front china doll wig for summer. Maybe with highlights...that way i wouldn't have to deal with reversion and such, and retain some growth while i'm at it.

Whatda ya'll think?

Maybe a nice china doll wig so that you don't stress your edges being that you've never laced it up before. I don't want any set backs for you.

I don't think it would be a problem just know when to take them out. I'd go no longer than 4 weeks with the braids in. Make sure your not breaking at all before going up, and DC before putting them in.

Listen to your hair. :)

I can't wait to see all the progress in this challenge in December :)

Thanks JJamiah. You've given good advice. No more than 4 weeks. Noted. Wig, no lacefront. Dually noted. You look fierce in your wigs, i must say. I think I wanna have fun with mine and make my dh, drool...would like some strekas and stuff... How much for a china doll waistlength wig, do ya think? Human hair, yes? Any good vendors online? I'd like something close to my hair texture, too. 4a/3c, i guess.

I appreciate you hanging around rooting us to the finish line. You could be all up in the hiplength, kneelength thang. Appreciate ya!

Thanks JJamiah. You've given good advice. No more than 4 weeks. Noted. Wig, no lacefront. Dually noted. You look fierce in your wigs, i must say. I think I wanna have fun with mine and make my dh, drool...would like some strekas and stuff... How much for a china doll waistlength wig, do ya think? Human hair, yes? Any good vendors online? I'd like something close to my hair texture, too. 4a/3c, i guess.

I appreciate you hanging around rooting us to the finish line. You could be all up in the hiplength, kneelength thang. Appreciate ya!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll Thanks so much.
Take a look at my blog, I have full details of what I do, and some blah's I have came to before.

http://www.hairsisters.com/en/WIG/MODEL-MODEL/MODEL-MODEL-SYNTHETIC-WIG-FIFTH-AVENUE/index.php
The China Girl look *or atlest it is to Me LOL

Explain more of what you want to me if that isn't exactly the style. I always think bob when I thing of China styles. I love BObs LOL

LOL no problem I enjoy helping when I can.

Just make sure to deep condition and use your proteins. Don't over kill either moisture or proteins when under wigs. I actually have to leave mine alone and spray once a week.

If ever your braids feel gummy or starting to feel like to much build up take them down gently, detangle first then wash ;) or your going to regret it. I have never done this but there are people who do and that is an issue. Detangle before wetting the hair.

JJamiah

((((BIG HUG)))) for invaluable tips.

I'm subscribing to this thread and saving to my hair file. Gonna check out that link and get back with ya. I want a bob, but a long one, so dh can appreciate it, if you know what i mean...(heehee). But I want it a little textured, not too silky n shiny.

JJamiah, i totally believe you. I almost feel like pinning my hair up for the entire year, just to ensure that I meet my goal, LOL. I'm joking but kinda serious.

I abhor wigs.

On me.

Whatda ya'll think?

This is what im doing- cornrows and wigs- and like u I really hate wigs but im going to buckle down and continue to wear them until at least august! Ive never worn a lace front before though I agree with JJamiah that they might mess up your edges.
Im also excited!!! I cant wait until december

i haven't checked in for awhile. I had tro trim a month ago, not that much but I decided no more heat for the year. I'm not going to do an offical length check till after the summer. I am making progress although I am sporting a V right now at MBL. I still am hoping for WL by the end of the year.

@PeculiarDaye, i'm sad you don't feel your braids are holding up.:sad:
every time i've seen them in pics, they look fab.
actually, i tried braids too and had to take them out after just 9 days, so 2 weeks is sounding really good to me!
how do you keep them from matting up together? i found i had alot of shed hairs which had wrapped themselves around my ng hairs, so detangling was a nightmare.:cry2: i think i lost some hair.
grow,

I took them out on Friday of last week, they truly were old. I kept them wrapped, and oiled yet it did nothing. I felt like my hair is stronger so I am re-braiding it on Sunday.
When it comes to braids, I oil and Moisture every other day. I keep them held up as much as I possibly can. I don't run my fingers through my hair and I keep my braids in a bun. when you take them out I comb out one row at a time, which makes detangling easier :)
I used to be so impatient I would just rip hairs, I wouldn't care. But I noticed I was getting no where, and fast :D

I'm glad you've changed your mind. You say you've only got 5.5 inches to go. That's not far at all. Your hair looks healthy and strong, and her cutting was merely giving you a fresh start. You'll definitely be WL by December :yep:

Hey everyone. I've been DCing every week and doing buns and twist outs. I'm hoping to do a length check at the end of April or the second week in May. I think I've got 3.5 inches to go to WL!!!

@PeculiarDaye, i'm sad you don't feel your braids are holding up.:sad:
every time i've seen them in pics, they look fab.
actually, i tried braids too and had to take them out after just 9 days, so 2 weeks is sounding really good to me!
how do you keep them from matting up together? i found i had alot of shed hairs which had wrapped themselves around my ng hairs, so detangling was a nightmare.:cry2: i think i lost some hair.

@grow,

I took them out on Friday of last week, they truly were old. I kept them wrapped, and oiled yet it did nothing. I felt like my hair is stronger so I am re-braiding it on Sunday.
When it comes to braids, I oil and Moisture every other day. I keep them held up as much as I possibly can. I don't run my fingers through my hair and I keep my braids in a bun. when you take them out I comb out one row at a time, which makes detangling easier :)
I used to be so impatient I would just rip hairs, I wouldn't care. But I noticed I was getting no where, and fast :D

I'm glad you've changed your mind. You say you've only got 5.5 inches to go. That's not far at all. Your hair looks healthy and strong, and her cutting was merely giving you a fresh start. You'll definitely be WL by December :yep:
I hope so. My stupid fotki has toooo many years of this healthy hair journey on it. I hope i can rap it up this year.

It's been a while; just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm coming off a 4 month stretch and will do my first relaxer of the new year on April 2. I'm hoping for some good progress. Still aiming for FULL WL by Dec. 31, 2011.:grin:

Sigh. I washed my hair today and I'm still MBL streched. I'm still hoping for WL by the end of this year. Going to try to up my vitamin game to see if it makes a little difference.

Ladies we need an intervention Everyone challengers and supporters jump in
MzMoMo is actuall considering chopping her hair off pls check TL crakin thread to post encouraging words for Momo

Hey everybody!!! :hiya: Long time no post. I was having some technical issues, but that's all better now. I'm feeling pretty blah about my hair right now. I'm feeling like I'll never achieve WL. I feel like my growth has come to a screeching halt and it's in the same place as my December update. I know 3 months isn't long nor does it equate alot of growth.... I guess I'm just impatient.

I plan on doing a henna and indigo treatment soon. I'm really bored with this brick/rust colored hair I'm rocking right now. I feel like my color is really dull, lifeless, and just drab. I've always wanted black hair, so hopefully this will bring me a little pick up.

But I'm still bunning. I'm keeping my hair straight for the most part. SSK's really got me down at one point. Now I'm noticing a lot of splits. Just can't win for losing. Anywho....I'll post some pics when I do my indigo.

Thanks for letting me vent everybody!! That felt good!

not doing an official length check till june, but upon stretching my hair, i'm inching towards waist. :crosses fingers and damns long back:

Sorry Ive been m.i.a. for the last few weeks ladies. ai got a relaxer touch up and cut my hair back to BSL 2 weeks ago. My hair looks MUCH healtheir now, less tangles, easier detangling, and my ends arent stringy and see through. I will post pics in my album later tonight.
Anywho, today Im DCing on damp hair with HE HH, Im letting it sit on my hair all day with out heat and I will shampoo when I rinse it out and then air dry with Giovanni Direct leave in.

Checking in: I went ahead and relaxed after 13 weeks. It was best for my hair. I'm not going to post official length check pics until summer but I'm happy with the length and thickness thus far. I'm about 3ish inches from waist length. grow, I'm sorry i had to end my stretch. I'm definitely still rooting u on and I can't wait to see ur progress! Hope ull still be my hair buddy!

Back