WL 2011

:hiya: :hiya: WL Peeps!!!!! Everyone is doing so well!!! grow: Can't wait to see your updated pics JJamiah: I'm so jelly!!!! :congrats: on surpassing WL!!!! I'm still low-manip styling with wash and go ponytails!!!! I miss you all!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll, i am soooo relieved to know your hair is back to its lovely self again!:grin:

whew! i really feel for you because when my hair gets dry, even a brillo pad is easier to work with, so i know it's no joke!:lachen:

so i've got a fellow banana baby food lover? yum yum!!!:lick: it's FAB!
i'm about to juice 2 over ripe bananas to put in my ayurvedic paste today, too!:yep:
and i could not believe the effect pure glycerine has on my hair either!:rolleyes:
i guess it's the humectant qualities that it has which just melt the hardness of my brillo pad!:yep: lol!

PeculiarDaye, i'm glad to know you are doing well and keeping up with those workouts, too! :grin:good on you! :yep:they say that excercise really helps with hair growth too......i need to get on it!:ohwell:

i've been getting some itchies a little bit, too and it's not a regular thing, but it reminds me that i need to put some neem in my next ayurveda paste.
have you ever tried it? it's really effective!
they also have neem oil, which will work just as well.:yep:
today i did a tea rinse (dried herbs like nettle, horsetail, rosemary, lavender, fenugreek) and put some essential oil drops in it.
one of the eo's i used was tea tree oil, which they say is very effective at stopping the itchies.
now my head is tingling (i added other eo's too, like peppermint and eucalyptus) and getting all ready for the paste.:yep::lick:
i hope you can find something that works well....ah, they also say garlic can help the itchies, too!:grin:
thanks for asking about my little massage honey! it went well, though i only did 15 minutes. since i'm 9 weeks post i only massage in braids so that i don't get tangles, so if you try it like that, it can work out well.
the key is just like you said...being gentle with our hair because when we think of it as aa loving act, we don't pull and tug.....it's kinda like a meditative excercise for my mind, too. keeps me calm.:yep:

hhj ladies!!!

grow,

I'm trying to keep up with it I wasnt feeling up to whether these past couple of days but I'm not letting it stop me tonight :yep: I didn't even think about it helping my hair growth, but if it enhances it then right on :Grin:
I'm sure when your ready you will start back :yep:

I haven't tried neem, or ever heard of it for that matter, ((..Laughing..)) I'm going to check on it though, because I get the itches and threw tea tree oil.
You've got some good mixtures going on, all those herbs sounds yummy for the hair :yep:
Im going to massage my head tonight I hope it calms me down, and relaxes my mind as well.

Last edited:
Janet', it's good to see you around and know that the low manip w&g's are working for ya!:grin:

also, thanks for asking about me!:pics: i posted pics of my progress here:
:update:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=485358&page=73

:sekret:although they aren't the most accurate because i'd just come out of the shower and haven't permed in 9 weeks. :blush:

i'm trying to stretch at this time, so rather than just wait more months for the next perm, i decided to do a mini update there.:yep:

anyone who'd like to mosey on over, is invited! i'm still having a hard time accepting if my hair is really growning.....hairnorexia is a real discourager.....

PeculiarDaye, wow, what determination :superman:you've got with this excercise program!:strong:

i just love how you say " I wasnt feeling up to whether these past couple of days but I'm not letting it stop me tonight "
brava! yay!!!:wiggle:

i admire you and feel inspired to adopt the same mental attitude about my excercising (and not only for excercise....!).....just gotta get over the laziness, hehehehe!:blush:

i'm relieved to know you already have the tea tree oil! yay!:grin:
that should work out well, so good luck with those applications for a speedy remedy!
i'm also happy to hear you getting that massage time in!!!
it's like my peaceful escape when i do it :timer:....no one an nothing enters that private sanctuary of serenity and when i'm done, not only does my scalp feel good, so does my soul.:yep:
i hope you find that it works for you too!:yep:

oh, and thank you so much sugar for taking joy in bigbrowneyez and i teaming up!:luv2:
i've never had a hair buddy before, so it's really nice to see someone like yourself who has, cheering us on!:spinning:
you have such great qualities of making people feel good about what they are doing and that is really special!:sunshine:

JJamiah, i must congratulate you on being able to put all that beautiful hair up under a wig! i would :nono:not be able to do that, lol! :lol::lachen:no sir-ee! i'd have to have my hands all up in all that luxiuriousness 24/7, so you are really doing good!:superbanana:

great progress ladies! I am just checking in! My hair is still stretched and flat ironed from last week. I still plan to keep my reggie. So, we shall see!

Omg ladies, I'm officially in love with curlformers. I know there are a lot of mixed opinions, ppl either seem to love them or hate them, but I'm sold. I bought the salon kit long and wide and it was so easy to use. And it gives so much curl and body that u can't even see the months of new growth! I used 36 of the 40. And I used proclaim olive oil setting lotion and they came out great. It took about an 45min to put in but most of that was detangling after my wash. The only problem I encountered was these curlformers are about 3inches too short for my hair so ima gonna return these to sallys and order the extra long and wide ones. Heres some pics below. It's late so excuse the clips, i plan to pin up the sides tomorrow. A lot of the ends arent spiraled, just curled under and once again that's cuz the curlers were too short. Anyways, I'm loving this style and the hold from the setting lotion should be enough to hold this style for a lot of cute updos. (excuse the large pics, whenever I send from my phone they're always big). Goodnight ladies!
4a4a948b-d915-d833.jpg

4a4a948b-d92c-085b.jpg

4a4a948b-d942-092f.jpg

I have approx 4-5 inches until waist length...if I retain all my length that puts me at waist length around my birthday this November :D Now I'm getting excited!

Ok I'm seeing WL 2013 starting already like WOW but is there a future WLer who is gonna start a HipLength/Tailbone 2012. All of us here if we plan to move on can graduate to that level. Just thinking about it is making me blush!

Congrats JJamiah! Beautiful results!
Peculiardaye-glad your workout program is going well-I just decided to do the hip-hop abs while in Braids!!! Hopefully i will get fit as I attempt to get back to MBL and then WL!!!

Congrats JJamiah! Beautiful results!
Peculiardaye-glad your workout program is going well-I just decided to do the hip-hop abs while in Braids!!! Hopefully i will get fit as I attempt to get back to MBL and then WL!!!

casey3035,

Thank you, I am trying to keep it on track... Tell me how it goes. I have heard good thinks about Hip-Hop abs. :yep: Getting in shape at the same time :yep:

@PeculiarDaye, wow, what determination :superman:you've got with this excercise program!:strong:

i just love how you say " I wasnt feeling up to whether these past couple of days but I'm not letting it stop me tonight "
brava! yay!!!:wiggle:

i admire you and feel inspired to adopt the same mental attitude about my excercising (and not only for excercise....!).....just gotta get over the laziness, hehehehe!:blush:

i'm relieved to know you already have the tea tree oil! yay!:grin:
that should work out well, so good luck with those applications for a speedy remedy!
i'm also happy to hear you getting that massage time in!!!
it's like my peaceful escape when i do it :timer:....no one an nothing enters that private sanctuary of serenity and when i'm done, not only does my scalp feel good, so does my soul.:yep:
i hope you find that it works for you too!:yep:

oh, and thank you so much sugar for taking joy in @bigbrowneyez and i teaming up!:luv2:
i've never had a hair buddy before, so it's really nice to see someone like yourself who has, cheering us on!:spinning:
you have such great qualities of making people feel good about what they are doing and that is really special!:sunshine:

@grow,

Thank you, I must keep in mind that if I give myself excuses to why I cant do it. Then the following day I will find another and I cant let me be my own downfall for not accomplishing my goals.

You definitely have it already, its just using it. When you want it bad enough you'll use it. We all have it :yep:

I don't have the tea tree oil it was my typo. When I use my phone I tend to get more typos, ((..Laughing..)). I do plan on getting it though, I'm going to check it out possible tomorrow.

I'm definitely going to give myself a massage and hope to find even a dab of the peace you find. Ive got the migraines lately and I don't feel like touching my head, no bueno :nono: I know but its been beating me down.

You are welcome, It is nice to see people joining together as partners and helping each other achieve the goals they have set forth for themselves. You are two will accomplish things together...
and Thank you.... I do enjoy seeing people happy, its a beautiful thing :yep::Blush2:

Last edited:
I made BSL! I'm still on track for WL DEC 2011!
@Kimbosheart,

:congrats: on making BSL... I look forward to seeing your progress pictures. You will make WL by December :yep:

I have approx 4-5 inches until waist length...if I retain all my length that puts me at waist length around my birthday this November :D Now I'm getting excited!

@AlliCat,

:pulpdance: Hey now, you can do it. 4-5 inches you've got it in the bag :yep: I hope we get to see those lovely pictures in November :yep:

Last edited:
Omg ladies, I'm officially in love with curlformers. I know there are a lot of mixed opinions, ppl either seem to love them or hate them, but I'm sold. I bought the salon kit long and wide and it was so easy to use. And it gives so much curl and body that u can't even see the months of new growth! I used 36 of the 40. And I used proclaim olive oil setting lotion and they came out great. It took about an 45min to put in but most of that was detangling after my wash. The only problem I encountered was these curlformers are about 3inches too short for my hair so ima gonna return these to sallys and order the extra long and wide ones. Heres some pics below. It's late so excuse the clips, i plan to pin up the sides tomorrow. A lot of the ends arent spiraled, just curled under and once again that's cuz the curlers were too short. Anyways, I'm loving this style and the hold from the setting lotion should be enough to hold this style for a lot of cute updos. (excuse the large pics, whenever I send from my phone they're always big). Goodnight ladies!
4a4a948b-d915-d833.jpg

4a4a948b-d92c-085b.jpg

4a4a948b-d942-092f.jpg

bigbrowneyez, GORGEOUS CURLS!!!!!:grin: those curl formers really work for you!

AlliCat, CONGRATULATIONS! you can do it!

I made BSL! I'm still on track for WL DEC 2011!

CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING BSL, Kimbosheart!!!!!
i too, just claimed BSL. we are on our way!!

Thank you, I am trying to keep it on track... Tell me how it goes. I have heard good thinks about Hip-Hop abs. :yep: Getting in shape at the same time :yep:

PeculiarDaye, i hope you can do something about those migranes!
good luck with the tea tree or neem for the itchies and thanks alot for your wise words on doing it, when i'm ready to do it!

PeculiarDaye & grow you both are gifted at encouraging others and in return y'all are blessed with beautiful hair! I said it, hating gets you nowhere.

Can the both of you be recruited to lead the 2012 Hippies challenge even if you make HL this year? Please?! I guess it don't have to start until dec 2011 but just thinking ahead.

Congrats on all the Growth up in Here. :grin:

Ladies I don't know if I want Hip Length.

Dunno, Dunno, Don't know, don't know!!!

Starting to rethink this HIP Length Thing.

@PeculiarDaye, i hope you can do something about those migranes!
good luck with the tea tree or neem for the itchies and thanks alot for your wise words on doing it, when i'm ready to do it!

@grow,
Thank you, I hope I can too. They come and go as they please, its been like that for as long as I can remember :yep:
Thank you and your welcome Grow, you are truly wonderful.

@PeculiarDaye & @grow you both are gifted at encouraging others and in return y'all are blessed with beautiful hair! I said it, hating gets you nowhere.

Can the both of you be recruited to lead the 2012 Hippies challenge even if you make HL this year? Please?! I guess it don't have to start until dec 2011 but just thinking ahead.

bebezazueta,

Thank you so much Hun, you are truly kind. You have beautiful hair as well. I look forward to seeing you at WL this year, I know your hair will shine amazingly :yep:

I wouldn't mind, it would be a please to lead with @grow for the Hippies of 2012, even if I make it this year, it would be wonderful to help the ladies who plan on making it next year.
Thank you so much for your kind words, I would of never thought to do it myself.
I'm truly at an awe right now :yep:

What do you say @grow?

Last edited:
Congrats on all the Growth up in Here. :grin:

Ladies I don't know if I want Hip Length.

Dunno, Dunno, Don't know, don't know!!!

Starting to rethink this HIP Length Thing.

@JJamiah,

I dare to ask, why you are unsure?
You are right at Hip Length's door. I personally think it will look nice on you, but I would love to hear your reason.:yep:

Last edited:
4a4a948b-d915-d833.jpg

4a4a948b-d92c-085b.jpg

4a4a948b-d942-092f.jpg

bigbrowneyez,

Your curls are :drool: worthy. That is a beautiful hair style, I absolutely love it... Very luscious :yep:

@bebezazueta, that is SUCH a sweet thing to say and i thank you!
i also totally understand how it can feel strange to start thinking of these new lengths when just 1 year ago, i was convinced i would always have EL to SL max hair for life!
and now here you and i are in the WL challenge!
you are getting it, honey!!!!

this site is AMAZING because YOU LADIES are THE BEST!!!!
i'm creating new belief systems because of what i witness on here and the humanity of absolute strangers reaching out to one another in care, love and assistance continues to place me in absolute awe!
it restores my faith in the world we live in today.......!

@bigbrowneyez, thanks for checking out my pictures in the BSL thread! i can still hardly believe it myself....lol!

@Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll, i like your seconding! and know that's it's seeing people like yourself that i have learned from and continue to learn so much from!
you are a real QUALITY LADY!!! (and yes, i admire you goo gobs!)

@JJamiah, i have to agree with PD on this one and ask why stop the growth? you are already just a sneeze from HL right now.....and yes, YOU are one of the people who can carry that length with style and grace!

@PeculiarDaye, wow...lead a challenge with YOU, my friend? well, i'd be honoured!!!
(but we've gotta do something about those migranes! have you tried omeopathy?)

@bebezazueta, that is SUCH a sweet thing to say and i thank you!
i also totally understand how it can feel strange to start thinking of these new lengths when just 1 year ago, i was convinced i would always have EL to SL max hair for life!
and now here you and i are in the WL challenge!
you are getting it, honey!!!!

this site is AMAZING because YOU LADIES are THE BEST!!!!
i'm creating new belief systems because of what i witness on here and the humanity of absolute strangers reaching out to one another in care, love and assistance continues to place me in absolute awe!
it restores my faith in the world we live in today.......!

@bigbrowneyez, thanks for checking out my pictures in the BSL thread! i can still hardly believe it myself....lol!

@Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll, i like your seconding! and know that's it's seeing people like yourself that i have learned from and continue to learn so much from!
you are a real QUALITY LADY!!! (and yes, i admire you goo gobs!)

@JJamiah, i have to agree with PD on this one and ask why stop the growth? you are already just a sneeze from HL right now.....and yes, YOU are one of the people who can carry that length with style and grace!

@PeculiarDaye, wow...lead a challenge with YOU, my friend? well, i'd be honoured!!!
(but we've gotta do something about those migranes! have you tried omeopathy?)

grow,

The bolded is so true :yep:

Thank you grow, I would be honored as well. It is absolutely a true pleasure to do the Hippie for 2012 challenge with you :yep:. With your beautiful way of encouraging people, and putting smiles in hearts, how could it not be.
:yep::yep::yep:

omeopathy? Ive never even heard of it honestly. I've come so accustom to them, Ive learned to expect them...I know another no bueno, but they only bother me when they are really heavy.

PeculiarDaye, sugar YOU are the one who leads the way in making people feel good about themselves and i just follow your lead, hun!

i appologize for my terrible spelling (i live in italy and we spell everything phonetically, so when i go to spell in my own first language...i forget...no spelling bees over here, lol!).

i should have written Homeopathy! it is a holistic approach to healing and my parents (in the states) have found it to work wonders!
i found a link for you that explains a bit of how it works and some natural steps that can be taken to alleviate this pain. there are many other links to good info on the page, but you can try a google or bing search to find what best suits you. hth.

http://healing.about.com/od/homeopathy/a/homeo_headache.htm

grow parculiardaye

The best way to describe it is Painful :look:
I was having pain with my hair that day and it was pulling at my tender scalp.
So far after I washed it and DEeeeeeep conditioned it, So good.
I am just not one for head pain. I can take any other pain, I can give birth and breath my way out of that, this pain is like straight to the head!!!, but the when I say I am tenderheaded, The slightest tug hurts. and it was definitely long thread no control and just going places.

Back