WL 2011

@tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT,

Of course :). I just don't see what everyone sees, don't get me wrong. Everyone has that city inside of a state that has beauty and danger written all over it, One half is beautiful, the other not so much. Its like a ridiculous amount of violence out there. Gangs get out of control, but its a nice place to go when you want to go out somewhere, because it has everything. When you want to buy something fashionable that's the place to go.
I wouldn't recommend San Fransisco either.

I live near L.A but not in it, and I doubt I would ever consider moving there. I visit quite often. I say visit if you haven't and if you like then its for you, and if you don't then that's fine too.
and becareful where you move too, that's for sure.

yikes... i'm gonna have to PM u on maybe some safer areas with the L.A. feel or fashion
i adore the big city life... would love N.Y. but so afraid:grin:
if you're raised in an area it's much easier to adapt... to not go where u don't belong
if you're relocating walking around like a dauuuuuum fish out of water you easily become a MARK

geeeez i don't know, it's so dangerous now-a-days

Aireen let's move there! sure i'm twice your height but you can protect me:yawn:

yikes... i'm gonna have to PM u on maybe some safer areas with the L.A. feel or fashion
if you're raised in an area it's much easier to adapt... to not go where u don't belong
if you're relocating walking around like a dauuuuuum fish out of water you easily become a MARK

Aireen let's move there! sure i'm twice your height but you can protect me:yawn:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ the bolded, soooo true!

I'm 5'3"! :grin: How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? :drunk:

@Aireen let's move there! sure i'm twice your height but you can protect me:yawn:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT,

Yes, I can tell you quite a few places that are safer to move. Some with good fashion like L.A but its L.A that has all the secret spots, and meeting someone who knows them is a PLUS! :yep:

Why are you afraid of N.Y?

Believe me its so many different kinds of people out there, but if you will feel out of place... depends on your personality, and how you adapt to the environment around you :yep:

PeculiarDaye

I'm in a stable place right now, illnesswise, and praying that it stays that way!

On to my JBCO usage....I normally apply it to my new growth at least twice a week or every other day. I try not to get it directly on my scalp because I get a major case of the itchies when I do.

@PeculiarDaye

I'm in a stable place right now, illnesswise, and praying that it stays that way!

On to my JBCO usage....I normally apply it to my new growth at least twice a week or every other day. I try not to get it directly on my scalp because I get a major case of the itchies when I do.

exubah,

I'm glad to know your doing well, and I pray that is stays that way as well, and gets better :yep:

I see, I don't have any of it but it seems like a lot of people use it. :yep:

I posted this in the wrong thread so I'll repost here whoops...
Realized I was to post a pic of my protective style...Okay so I took a pic of my new ps weave and I'll have to do it later. My camera phone sucks so I'll have to bow out of that for now. If I get a better pic I'll post it. My ps is excellent but really this camera phone (grr!) I need to get a new cell anyways as this one has been dropped too many times lol (who knows if that has something to do with it.

Yay! Thanks everyone! I am so happy!! I am on my way to WL!! I have learned so much about how to retain my hair and to get it healthy. woohoo!!!

UPDATE: Relaxed with PICTURES! :grin: Made BSB barely but claiming it to stay positive, it won't be long before I'm confident in my hair's length since it'll grow out more by the next relaxer. I put my hair in a bun to make it wavy with volume so it's not sleek straight to see the length fully, sorry. It would have been blow-dried straight but I'm in a no heat challenge until I reach waist length.

For my wash yesterday, I did a pre-poo with my safflower oil-EVOO-conditioner-molasses mixture, shampooed with Aussie Moist Shampoo, and conditioned with ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I know it is not advised to use protein after using molasses but I wanted to strengthen and provide intense conditioning to my hair. As a result my hair came out feeling really moisturised and strong. :yep:

I have new goals, I'm going to take better care of my scalp and take more initiative instead of being lazy so I can RETAIN, RETAIN, RETAIN. I'm also going to watch my moisture/protein balance more carefully instead of just using what I feel like on my hair for frivolous reasons.

PICTURE TIME! :D

February17th2011-1.jpg

Aireen, CONGRATUALATIONS ON MAKING BSB!:bouncegre:yay::trampolin:woot::dance7::clapping::cup::congrats:

your hair looks GORGEOUS!!!:grin: and even longer than BSB!

which is your hair texture? it looks sooooo smooth and soft!:yep:

those conditioners, even with the molasses worked out great!

thanks for the lovely eye candy!!!:lick:

Aireen, CONGRATUALATIONS ON MAKING BSB!:bouncegre:yay::trampolin:woot::dance7::clapping::cup::congrats:

your hair looks GORGEOUS!!!:grin: and even longer than BSB!

which is your hair texture? it looks sooooo smooth and soft!:yep:

those conditioners, even with the molasses worked out great!

thanks for the lovely eye candy!!!:lick:

THANK YOU, grow! :grin: I'm so giddy with excitement over it! Before I was sulking about my progress but now I'm very optimistic! :drunk:

I classify my hair texture as relaxed 4a. I don't know if I have mixes of 3c or 4b but my mum told me when I was younger my hair always had a silkier texture rather than feeling course. I guess instead of being a cottony 4a, I'm a silky 4a; medium thickness hair with a mix of mostly fine and some thick strands.

Yeah, I'm happy with how my hair was feeling as a result! I was kind of scared but I pretty much knew how my hair would turn out, if it backfired I'd use a staple/back-up conditioner I can depend on.

Thank you for all your lovely compliments, grow! You sure can perk a girl up when she's feeling down and out about her hair journey! :lol: :yep: :blush3: :bighug:

Congrats Kurlee!:party:!:yay:!:woot:! Please post pics of your beautiful MBL hair soon!:yep:!:yep:!

Kurlee, i agree with all the ladies in sending out a huge CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING MBL!!!!!:grin:

WOWEE, cannot wait to see the blowout, because it already looks marvelous in your siggy!:yep:

exubah, i'm so glad you are feeling better and in a good place healthwise!:yep:
i know that jbco is working wonders and happy you've found what works!

luckiestdestiny, :welcome: you've got a great, full head of hair!

D.Lisha, so nice to see you again, girlie! good on you, cheering your buddy along!:yep: (isn't she doing marvelously?!......as are YOU!!!)

bigbrowneyez, just love those update pictures! you can see that it HAS grown! what is the time difference between the pictures?

classychic1908, hi! you mentioned you've used henna periodically, could you please offer some examples of how you used it? (mixed with...., with cassia and/or indigo, how long on the hair, brand?) thanks!

casey3035, i'm so sad to hear of your setback!:sad:
please listen to your hair partner and stick with it, things will only get better!

prettynatural, thank you for the pcitures! your hair looks fabulous and i'd aagree that you can safely say MBL!!!:yep:

PeculiarDaye, you are such a great cheerleader! so tell us, did you do the trim? (i haven't been on board for a few....gotta catch up)

to all in this thread, the support, care and enthusiasm on here is AWESOME! you are really a great bunch to share the hhj with!!!
:grouphug3:

grow the two pics i posted were actually the same day. The first pic was right after i styled it, so the bottom was more curled under. The pics with the pink tank were from later in the day after it fell some. thanks!!

*Posting in both MBL & WL Challenges (I'm in both)

Happy Monday!!

Is there anyone else in this challenge that is roller setting weekly and also using Argan oil products? I'm currently doing both. I posted my reggie a few pages back. It would FAB to have roller setting hair buddies in this challenge. :) So who else is on the magnetic roller train to WL??? If your on board what's your technique: ponytail, mohawk etc.

grow,

So happy to see you back :yep: how are things going on your end?

I did do the trim, Its the brown that I have to inch off, no bueno for me....:nono: overall the trim was needed and I didn't even get them all so I'll be due again by summer :yep:

I put my hair in natural braids I'll be posting a picture later :yep:

@grow,

So happy to see you back :yep: how are things going on your end?

I did do the trim, Its the brown that I have to inch off, no bueno for me....:nono: overall the trim was needed and I didn't even get them all so I'll be due again by summer :yep:

I put my hair in natural braids I'll be posting a picture later :yep:
Hey hon-got any pics for me yet?

Back