With much anticipation Diva (AJD) has finally updated her album!!!

AJamericanDiva

Hey everybody!!!! I've been getting so many requests for updated pics, that I have finally decided to return to "semi-diligent" haircare. I don't want to make any promises that I can't keep. ;) The baby still keeps me busy and I find that I am not as obsessed with haircare as I was in the beginning... been mainly hanging out in the financial forums. Anyhow, I will go into further haircare details in a little while, regimen, etc... as it's baby's nap time... mine too for that matter, but I've decided to leave you with some pics.... I put some in the LHCF gallery but the majority are in my yahoo album... click the link in my siggy. I also started a new album that's entitled "Let's Grow 2006" or something to that effect. Enjoy... and I'll be back in a few.

Let's grow 2006! Some other pics are in the original haircare journey album as well. Queen of the 4a/4b signing off for now....

Last edited:
AJamericanDiva said:
Hey everybody!!!! I've been getting so many requests for updated pics, that I have finally decided to return to "semi-diligent" haircare. I don't want to make any promises that I can't keep. ;) The baby still keeps me busy and I find that I am not as obsessed with haircare as I was in the beginning... been mainly hanging out in the financial forums. Anyhow, I will go into further haircare details in a little while, regimen, etc... as it's baby's nap time... mine too for that matter, but I've decided to leave you with some pics.... I put some in the LHCF gallery but the majority are in my yahoo album... click the link in my siggy. I also started a new album that's entitled "Let's Grow 2006" or something to that effect. Enjoy... and I'll be back in a few.

Let's grow 2006! Some other pics are in the original haircare journey album as well. Queen of the 4a/4b signing off for now....

SO, SO Glad to see you again You're welcome inspirationnal Lady!!
:lol: Your baby is lucky!

Your hair is such an inspiration! Still looking as healthy as ever!:yep: I was sooo looking forward to your updates! Thanks!!!:D

Looking good AJD :up:

Are you still doing the super stretches? Your hair always amazed me at 4 months post...:shocked:

Oh yeah, we need some updates of Little Diva's hair too!...:grin:

Great progress Diva! Your hair looks fantastic and healthy, I'm interesting in getting a steamer. Do you think that steamers are more effective for deep treatments than a regular heat cap? And BTW where do you purchase your steam caps? TIA!

Girl I couldn't wait to see you progress pics, absolutely gorgeous. I thought you were at the salon, chillin' under that steamer w/the mag. and all, lol. I'm co-signing w/onepraying, where is little diva's update pics? my daughter is patiently waiting. Thanks for sharing. :D

*I let out a tiny gasp on Feb. 2006 relaxer...*:p

Lovely and inspirational 4a/b diva.

Thank you for sharing.:D

Hey Everybody!
Thanks for the kind sentiments!!! Gosh, Sherry! Can't wait until my hair gets to your length... I see you still got it going on!!! Wouldn't you know it I was supposed to pop right back on and leave my regimen and stuff and now I'm sick. Roasting with fever, weak and SORE body... like someone turned me into their personal punching bag. I'm not staying long, but here goes.

I had a regimen posted in my journal, but looks like the journal thing isn't working anymore. I also may add that since having the baby, a lot of that stuff got scaled back... kids'll do that to you....

I wash my hair once a week with one of the following shampoos:
Pantene Relaxed and Naturals
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo (will discontinue once my bottle empties as I'm tryna save money)

Condition once a week with one of the following:
Pantene Relaxed and Naturals
Loreal Mermade Penetrating Treatment
Miss Key 10en1
Keracare Humecto (currently phasing this out as well)
Eqyss Megatek

Even though I may condition with one of the above, I do like to go under the steamer for 20-30 minutes with either Miss Key 10en1 or Loreal Mermade Treatment to intensify my treatment. For those that asked, a steamer is setup like a hairdryer, but instead of hot air, steam comes out. I go under this without a plastic cap. Not only does it help to quench my parched tresses, but I find it to be stimulating on the scalp.

For protein I use every 3-4 weeks:
Nexxus Emergencee

This is always followed with either the Miss Key 10en1 or Loreal Mermade under the steamer. It is my goal to try and be diligent with my haircare.

As far as Miss K goes, she spent the summer by her Dad's, went swimming everyday and didn't even wash the hair after every session. Need I say more??? I was too THROUGH when she returned home. I put her hair in braids just so I wouldn't have to see it. I think I'm going to braid it for a while until it regains some decent thickness and length, then take her to our hairdresser for a relaxer.

:notworthy Amazing!!! You are truly an inspiration. Good Lord...I can't wait to get home and work on my head tonight.

Back